No announcement yet.

Peppers likely leaving Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravens can't sign him unless they lose someone to free agency of the same value ($-wise).

Therefore, it is highly unlikely that the Ravens will sign him.

EDIT: LOL, neither can the Jets.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      No one seems to be answering the most important question: will your team break the bank?

None of the final eight can sign him, that much is known.

Beyond that, the small market teams (BUF, JAC, GB, etc.) aren't going to pay him a huge contract.

What I do know is that Dallas, Washington, and Seattle will all spend like nuts.

The Steelers won't spend big bucks. Jets and Giants- I don't know. Same for Philly and New England.

Oh, and Arthur Blank definitely would offer him a gigantic deal in Atlanta.
      Well, if that's the case ... OAKLAND!

Why not? Al Davis would break the bank, DE is a major need, and you cannot underestimate Seymour's recruiting abilities being one of the most well-respected players around the league. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post

Why not? Al Davis would break the bank, DE is a major need, and you cannot underestimate Seymour's recruiting abilities being one of the most well-respected players around the league. Just sayin'
        Definitely a huge possibility. I don't think you need to do much recruiting- a lot of dudes go where the best offer is regardless.

From a football standpoint, adding Peppers to OAK and then perhaps addressing some other positions in FA and the draft could make them into a rock-solid defense.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post

I actually think this is possible, especially if Peppers takes a "sign with the highest bidder" approach. He's uber athletic, fits a need, and we all know Al Davis ain't afraid to break the bank.

Comment

Peppers to the Vikings would be sick. But not likely. I also am not too fond of the idea of having 100 million invested in a defensive line. Ray Edwards is about the same as Peppers these days. I think he'll go to the Ravens or Dolphins.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
              Peppers to the Vikings would be sick. But not likely. I also am not too fond of the idea of having 100 million invested in a defensive line. Ray Edwards is about the same as Peppers these days. I think he'll go to the Ravens or Dolphins.
              The only way it is possible is if Ray Edwards got an equal contract to Peppers = no chance.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Carolina traditionally never has contract talks until a certain time after the season ends and based off the ends we have currently, Johnson, Taylor, Brayton, Brown it's forseeable the Panthers allow him to walk without putting the tag on him.

imo, They'll make him a good offer that he'll likely turn down and Carolina will sign some form of help on the line and look to use the money to sure up other positions like WR which is much more in need of depth and replenishment.

I love Peppers and some of his plays and presence will be irreplaceable, but if Johnson starts, I feel confident in his ability and the ability of the two rotational guys to pick up 10 sacks between them.

There's a lot of reason to keep him, but 15million a year for him when he's likely only got another 3-4 seasons in him, when the team is aging at some other positions, just isn't worth it.

I hope they can get the deal done, but Carolina will survive without him.

The patriots are a possibility, I doubt he'd head to washington, maybe Philly, maybe the 49ers might throw something at him, I think the browns are definitely out, who knows, maybe the Jets.

Comment

Carolina won't tag him. Isn't the number going to be like 22 million or something? I don't know how it works, but I know it's over 20. Then he could get another 1.5 for the pro-bowl (easily in his range) and another 1 or 1.5 (i forget which) for the super bowl. If 22 is right, that's 25 million for one year. No team is going to pay that to one player.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

I remember he said he wanted to play for Dallas...but I highly doubt Jerry would shell out more money with the emergence of Spencer. Some food for thought tho.

Comment

Mite as well come the the redskins no doubt dan would pay
                      RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Bears....not.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          I'd laugh if the Raiders let Seymour walk back to NE. Yea, there is almost no chance that Julius Peppers isn't at least considered in NE. Adalius Thomas got a good contract despite being a free agent. I think he'll be cut in the off-season and the Patriots may go after a Peppers. Of course, the order that happens in is not necessarily set. I think they will dump Thomas after the cap penalty is gone though.

Exactly. We'll cut Thomas and snatch up Peppers. Game Over.
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

We are going to get Peppers, Dumervil and Marshall. Just see.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              We are going to get Peppers, Dumervil and Marshall. Just see.

If that happened then Pluto would become a Planet again.
                              Lets do this for Pluto. It's lonely out there.
                              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                                If that happened then Pluto would become a Planet again.
                                Lets do this for Pluto. It's lonely out there.
                                SAVE PLUTO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information