No announcement yet.

Peppers likely leaving Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think New England was the biggest player for him last year, and I think they will be again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Id be weary of signing Peppers. He's only dominant when he feels like playing.

And lately, he hasn't felt like playing much. Giving a huge contract to a guy like that is risky business.
      I didn't try to quote this one, but I figure since I accidentally did anyway I'll just say that I agree. I wouldn't want him on Denver for the price he'll command, that's for sure. Too inconsistent for my liking, plus there isn't a lot of precedent for 6'6"+ 280 lb 3-4 OLBs having success.

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
      If only Marshall and Doom were RFAs....oh wait. Unless you have an ass load of picks to give up, I imagine they will both need a first and third, you can forget about it.
      Don't let the facts get in the way of his fantasies!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I wouldn't mind Peppers in NE but the cost may be too much. He's 30 and will want a long term contract - 5year, most likely.

Maybe he's worth 8-10 million per year for the next 3 years, but I can't see any way he's worth the last few years.

That said, I like the idea of him coming to NE this off-season at a cost of zero draft picks. Last year it would have been way to expensive to pay his contract cost and draft pick cost.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I'm surprised anyone wants him on their team. He was a gigantic douche on the Panthers last season. I have a buddy who is a die hard Panthers fan and he'd be ecstatic to see him go, talent or no.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Id be weary of signing Peppers. He's only dominant when he feels like playing.

And lately, he hasn't felt like playing much. Giving a huge contract to a guy like that is risky business.
            I said it in the last thread, he'll have a monster season with whoever he signs next year then check out for the remainder of the contract

Comment

eh, Im just not a fan of big name FAs for the most part. 90% of the time, they aren't worth the investment.

Especially at positions that are easily replaceable, like RB, DE, LB.

Id spend top dollar on CB, WR, LT. I think those positions usually warrant the cost.
              I don't know if I'd call DE a position that's easily replaceable. We've had great success developing talent at the position, but that's not the case for a lot of teams. There's a reason why DE is one of the more highly valued positions in the draft, alongside QB, LT and DT afterall.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I kind of hope he comes to Green Bay. He kind of reminds me of a combination of the two big free agent moves we've made in our franchise history. Charles Woodson, because of the percieved attitude problems and Reggie White because he's a great pass rusher. If it worked out anything like those situations, we'd be set.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  I don't know if I'd call DE a position that's easily replaceable. We've had great success developing talent at the position, but that's not the case for a lot of teams. There's a reason why DE is one of the more highly valued positions in the draft, alongside QB, LT and DT afterall.
                  This is exactly what I was thinking. Since when did getting after the passer with a stud DE become easily replaceable? I thought that's why they get paid such ludicrous salaries. Why they are constantly being drafted in the first round.

Just because the Giants have a glut of pass rushers doesn't mean the rest of us do. Jerk. ;)

Comment

100 million for Peppers though?

Ware is worth 100 million. Peppers?....not so much.

There are a lot of DEs in this league better than Julius Peppers. He doesn't deserve that kind of paycheck. People are still in love with his measurables, which is why he's being overvalued, even to this day.

Comment

100 million for Peppers though?

Ware is worth 100 million. Peppers?....not so much.

There are a lot of DEs in this league better than Julius Peppers. He doesn't deserve that kind of paycheck. People are still in love with his measurables, which is why he's being overvalued, even to this day.
                      Well, yeah, this is true. I wouldn't pay 100 mil to Peppers and I'm a freaking Browns fan. We have almost no pass rush.

But as a DE with crazy talent and the ability to live up to it at times, I still think he has value for a lot of teams out there, for the right price.

That being said, I bet he gets at least close to that 100 mil because, just like with the draft, someone will fall in love with what he can be, and not what he has shown (lately, anyway).

Comment

We don't know how he will look as a 3-4 OLB but if he comes to Washington who will pay him the highest on paper that is a ridiculous LB group. Peppers and Orakpo at OLB, and Rocky McIntosh and London Fletcher in the middle. Haynesworth would play NT although not sure how he will take to that. Hell I bet he'd rather play DE in a 3-4. The guy who I would have no idea about is Andre Carter. He's smallish for a 3-4 DE and he showed in San Francisco that playing a 3-4 OLB isn't his strong suit. Still unsure of what defense we will run here but with Shanny and Haslett you'd have to think that 3-4 might be in the works.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          We don't know how he will look as a 3-4 OLB but if he comes to Washington who will pay him the highest on paper that is a ridiculous LB group. Peppers and Orakpo at OLB, and Rocky McIntosh and London Fletcher in the middle. Haynesworth would play NT although not sure how he will take to that. Hell I bet he'd rather play DE in a 3-4. The guy who I would have no idea about is Andre Carter. He's smallish for a 3-4 DE and he showed in San Francisco that playing a 3-4 OLB isn't his strong suit. Still unsure of what defense we will run here but with Shanny and Haslett you'd have to think that 3-4 might be in the works.
                          6-6 290 is about ideal size for a 3-4 end, but I would much rather see him stand up and get after the QB.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            I'm surprised anyone wants him on their team. He was a gigantic douche on the Panthers last season. I have a buddy who is a die hard Panthers fan and he'd be ecstatic to see him go, talent or no.
                            Corey Dillon/Randy Moss syndrome. Put him on a good team, and he'll be a great guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              Haynesworth would be a better 3-4 DE than NT, although he can do both. But his pass rushing skills would be limited at NT.

You guys will probably run a 1 gap 3-4 anyway, which is the same thing as a 4-3 Under scheme, just with your RE standing up.

You wouldn't need to touch the front 7 to make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                                Corey Dillon/Randy Moss syndrome. Put him on a good team, and he'll be a great guy.
                                He was a giant douche in 2008 when the Panthers were the best team in the NFC. They were expected to be strong again this season since they lost nothing in the off-season yet he was still a giant douche.

Disgruntled guys playing for perennial losers are usually afflicted with the "My team sucks" blues. Peppers is just a dick who chooses when he will and won't bother giving the effort.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information