Peppers likely leaving Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Especially for 3-4 teams. Why spend 100 million on Peppers when you have Morgan, Graham, Kindle, and Norwood in the draft?
    Common logic would suggest that we would take one of those guys since we need a young linebacker. However, we needed one last year too and we traded out of the first and passed on guys like Matthews and Maualuga. If we draft one (or more) of them I would be thrilled but right now I'm game for adding to our pass rush by any means necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
      Common logic would suggest that we would take one of those guys since we need a young linebacker. However, we needed one last year too and we traded out of the first and passed on guys like Matthews and Maualuga. If we draft one (or more) of them I would be thrilled but right now I'm game for adding to our pass rush by any means necessary.
      It must be so frustrating being a fan of the draft, and a Pats fan.

Bc you go into the draft expecting 1 thing, and the Pats always throw you a bunch of curve balls on draft day and leave you confused haha.

They always go against the grain. It works for them in most cases though, you gotta give them that.

They're unconventional in their methods, but it works.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
        If only Marshall and Doom were RFAs....oh wait. Unless you have an ass load of picks to give up, I imagine they will both need a first and third, you can forget about it.
        We have 2 firsts in 2011, we can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
          We have 2 firsts in 2011, we can do it.
          I'd rather spend one of those firsts on Brandon Graham and one on Mark Ingram or maybe even one of the top 3 WRs next year. Or if it's the number 1 pick, maybe Jake Locker.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

I know everyone is saying how he'd be perfect for their team, but since it's already been thrown around as a very realistic possibility... Atlanta. Not afraid to spend money on a desperate need, and Arthur will do anything to get a winner. Not to mention, the offense doesn't need much work, it's just a few pieces we needed on defense. DE being the top or 2nd need for our team.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              I'd rather spend one of those firsts on Brandon Graham and one on Mark Ingram or maybe even one of the top 3 WRs next year. Or if it's the number 1 pick, maybe Jake Locker.
              Exactly... this
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                I know everyone is saying how he'd be perfect for their team, but since it's already been thrown around as a very realistic possibility... Atlanta. Not afraid to spend money on a desperate need, and Arthur will do anything to get a winner. Not to mention, the offense doesn't need much work, it's just a few pieces we needed on defense. DE being the top or 2nd need for our team.
                Peppers and Abraham could be pretty awesome for a couple of years, maybe bringing in Peppers can energize JA back to his 2008 level.
                No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                QB Ken Anderson
                DT Alex Karras
                LB Chuck Howley

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  It must be so frustrating being a fan of the draft, and a Pats fan.

Bc you go into the draft expecting 1 thing, and the Pats always throw you a bunch of curve balls on draft day and leave you confused haha.

They always go against the grain. It works for them in most cases though, you gotta give them that.

They're unconventional in their methods, but it works.
                  Yeah it can be. I loved the Meriweather, Mayo, and Chad Jackson picks because they were all big talents at positions of need that we actually drafted. Usually, it doesn't work that way. I'm all for it when it works out, when we drafted Mankins I thought "who the hell is he" but he's turned out to be a great player. The Vollmer pick was a shocker as well and he looks good.

Our drafts in recent years haven't been as solid from top to bottom as they were in the earlier part of the decade, hopefully we go after pass rushers and linemen this year. That was our bread and butter during our Super Bowl years.

Comment

Originally posted by clay_allison View Post
                    Peppers and Abraham could be pretty awesome for a couple of years, maybe bringing in Peppers can energize JA back to his 2008 level.

That'd be awesome. Don't forget Babineaux who played at a Pro Bowl caliber level this season, and Peria Jerry who looked strong before his injury. There's a lot of talent on that DL, and they would certainly be able to get after the QB. But Jamaal Anderson is terrible. There is no other level for him. I'm not sure if that was sarcastic because he actually got 2 whole sacks that year, but he's ******* terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      That'd be awesome. Don't forget Babineaux who played at a Pro Bowl caliber level this season, and Peria Jerry who looked strong before his injury. There's a lot of talent on that DL, and they would certainly be able to get after the QB. But Jamaal Anderson is terrible. There is no other level for him. I'm not sure if that was sarcastic because he actually got 2 whole sacks that year, but he's ******* terrible.
                      i think by JA he meant john abraham.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

So far, it seems like Atlanta could be a front runner for Peppers, assuming an uncapped year.

Schefter initially said 3 teams were interested in him: Baltimore, Atlanta, New England.
                        Mort had 2, maybe 3 teams that may be interested in him: Atlanta, Jets, and maybe the Browns.
                        Schefter, on Mike and Mike, said he picks Atlanta to be his top prediction for Julius Peppers.

Assuming it is an uncapped year, I can see our owner, Arthur Blank (co-owner of Home Depot, bank as ****), breaking the bank for a position of dire need. I don't know how I would feel about it. I don't think Peppers has that much left in him, but could make an immediate impact...with Gonzalez on offense and possibly Peppers on defense, this team seems primed to make a run soon (and then later when Ryan becomes a complete boss). Atlanta seems to bring in 1 big time player each year (Turner 08, Gonzalez 09) and maybe Peppers is the one this year?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I don't think the pats are that type of team to spend $$$$$ on a defensive type player.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinblade View Post
                            I don't think the pats are that type of team to spend $$$$$ on a defensive type player.
                            Adalius Thomas.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                              Adalius Thomas.
                              Didn't work out too well. Not that they can't try, try again but still. Somehow I think he'll end up a 9er.

Comment

The Pats defense needs pass rush in a big way. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed him.
                                No excuse for these players being left out of the Hall of Fame:
                                QB Ken Anderson
                                DT Alex Karras
                                LB Chuck Howley

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information