No announcement yet.

Peppers likely leaving Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adalius Thomas & Rosy Colvin. The pats seem like the only positions they'll open up the checkbook to acquire are WR & LB.

CB & RB are less expensive FA veterans, but stud FA LBs apparently give BB a chubby.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Adalius Thomas & Rosy Colvin. The pats seem like the only positions they'll open up the checkbook to acquire are WR & LB.

CB & RB are less expensive FA veterans, but stud FA LBs apparently give BB a chubby.
      I think they will go after him or someone like Merriman in free agency if he's available. BB doesn't like starting young guys at OLB much

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
        I think they will go after him or someone like Merriman in free agency if he's available. BB doesn't like starting young guys at OLB much
        Damn you! I already told you to stop mentioning that other asshat's name!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Merriman in NE is definitely something I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Merriman in NE is definitely something I could see.
            he needs his roids back.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

I think Peppers will probably wind up in Atlanta, Peppers said he would like to play in a 3-4 but nothing is better than sticking it to your old team, twice a year.

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
              Adalius Thomas.
              Thomas hasn't worked out yet, I don't think they would spend more $$$ on somebody else for defense, then again I'm not a GM so I can't really tell you.

Comment

Merriman is getting tagged with at least a 1st round tender, is anyone going to give that up? I think not. He will be a bolt for one more year.

Comment

Possible destination for Peppers?
                  (Disclaimer: I am not Michael Lombardi from the NFL Network)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-improve.html

Here lies the problem for Thompson. He has a very good team thatís one solid offseason from competing for a Super Bowl title, but all his needs will not be met in just the draft. He has to be more open-minded in his approach to free agency and try to fix some of the current concerns on the team before the draft.
                  He should really give great thought to trying to add a player of the caliber of the Panthersí Julius Peppers. If Peppers is a free agent, heíll command a huge pay day, but he would be a perfect fit coming off the edge to help Clay Matthews rush. One more blue-chip player would really make a difference to the Packers on defense.

This is not to imply that Thompson should spend like a drunken sailor, but he should consider spending for quality. And he has to use every avenue available to improve his team because he canít address every need in just the draft. Heís on the cusp of something very good in Green Bay, and he needs to just make a few moves to get this team over the top.

Comment

I think it all comes down to Atlanta and New England imo.

Comment

• For an uncapped year, you can sign him to a big contract and put a massive amount for the first year. The next few small and get big at the end, at which point the team likely would release him. That way it doesn't hurt the cap for the future.

If an Owner doesn't care too much about spending, such as big market teams, overpaying for Peppers wouldn't be a problem if you can do it in a way that doesn't screw you over in the future. For New England, that is huge as they wouldn't have the money to sign him unless they let Wilfork go.

For an uncapped year, you can sign him to a big contract and put a massive amount for the first year. The next few small and get big at the end, at which point the team likely would release him. That way it doesn't hurt the cap for the future.

If an Owner doesn't care too much about spending, such as big market teams, overpaying for Peppers wouldn't be a problem if you can do it in a way that doesn't screw you over in the future. For New England, that is huge as they wouldn't have the money to sign him unless they let Wilfork go.

He’s on the cusp of something very good in Green Bay, and he needs to just make a few moves to get this team over the top.
                      I strongly disagree with that. Green Bay looked great at the end of the season. The offense looked amazing with a very young Rodgers. The defense finished second. Aslong as the defense can figure out a way to stop bunch formations they will contend for years.

Getting Peppers would definitly help, but they are still contenders without him.
                      Last edited by Bucs_Rule; 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Didn't work out too well. Not that they can't try, try again but still. Somehow I think he'll end up a 9er.
                        plz no!!! the niners would be better off w/o thomas then with him.

Thanks BoneKrusher for the sig

Comment

• I would take him on the Saints if he played hard very game. It's a shame that he takes so many plays off

Comment

• He'd be like Optimus Prime if he played hard all the time.
                            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Peppers doesnít want long-term deal with Panthers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Comment

• Almost seems like a fake interview he's acting like such a petulant child.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information