Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seahawks sign Brian Russell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seahawks sign Brian Russell

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793525

    On Friday, a day after making Deon Grant the third-highest-paid safety in football, the Seahawks reached an agreement on a five-year deal with Browns safety Brian Russell. Financial terms weren't available, but Russell becomes the second new safety added to the Seattle roster in 24 hours.
    The possibility of re-signing Hamlin is gone. Somebody else can have 'em

    Sig by rainbeaukid2
    Originally posted by yodachu
    Everyone pwns the Rams.

  • #2
    Nice depth signing. Working hard to shore up that secondary. I doubt Russell reaches 5 years there, but they aren't really focused on that and are focused on a run now, so he'll provide solid depth this year if injuries happen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hopefully Russel and Grant can help stop the nightmares of Frank Gore gashing them up and down the field...

      Magical sig by OSUGiants

      SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


      Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

      So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
        Hopefully Russel and Grant can help stop the nightmares of Frank Gore gashing them up and down the field...
        Russell is not exactly known for his tackling, and I don't know much about Grant.

        As far as Gore, teehee.

        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          Russell cant hit, he cant cover, he backs away from tackles... The one positive thing about him is that he is a good leader.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
            Russell cant hit, he cant cover, he backs away from tackles... The one positive thing about him is that he is a good leader.


            and hes white lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Seattle is really working on that defense; they'll be very tough next year


              Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

              Comment


              • #8
                Russell is terrible, if you're looking for him to make an impact, you better start looking elsewhere.
                SKOL VIKINGS!


                Comment


                • #9
                  Deon Grant is consistently burnt deep, so I don't like that signing. Also not hearing good things about Russell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    and hes white lol
                    Great White Hope/Hype?

                    Magical sig by OSUGiants

                    SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                    Originally posted by Job
                    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                    So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                      Russell is terrible, if you're looking for him to make an impact, you better start looking elsewhere.
                      Didn't he have about 8 interceptions a few years back for you?
                      Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                      #1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AdrianWilson12 View Post
                        Didn't he have about 8 interceptions a few years back for you?
                        Yeah he had 9, in his second year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pretty good pickup. Sure sure up that secondary.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            "The one positive thing about him is that he is a good leader."

                            I have a very funny story about Russell.

                            He came to my home town of Marion this year and got wasted at a bar dressed in all Cleveland gear. The entire bar was basically Steelers fans that jumped his case. Russell threatened to whoop the whole bars arses and got thrown out by the bouncer, very funny to watch.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So what's Michael Boulware's story?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information