Donnie Edwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Edwards

Donnie Edwards signed with the Chiefs today. Good move by the Chiefs.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Who's to say you can never go home again? Very good signing. Their linebackers will now be a strength.

Comment

very good move by the chiefs...big upgrad over kawika mitchell.

Comment

Good signing. $ is the question though

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Who's to say you can never go home again? Very good signing. Their linebackers will now be a strength.
          For a year anyway. Donnie doesn't have much in the tank. They should still get a LB in the draft, whether its Buster Davis later, or Willis in the 1st.

Also, it never hurts to nab someone away from SD and expose some of the inner workings and tendencies of the players.

Comment

It's a small upgrade over Mitchell, but not as much as many people on here will say. Edwards has been a little overated for a while now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              It's a small upgrade over Mitchell, but not as much as many people on here will say. Edwards has been a little overated for a while now.
              I believe the opposite. I think he's underappreciated. It will be interesting to see him back in the 4-3, see how he can fare with avg. DTs in front of him.

Comment

Interesting signing. Pushes LB into a day 2 area for them. Edwards probably has 1, at best, 2 solid years left. He should be fine in the middle. I'd assume Napolean Harris goes to the strongside, making Keyaron Fox a backup again. Fox deserves a starting shot, I think, but he'll be a solid number 4 for them.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  Interesting signing. Pushes LB into a day 2 area for them. Edwards probably has 1, at best, 2 solid years left. He should be fine in the middle. I'd assume Napolean Harris goes to the strongside, making Keyaron Fox a backup again. Fox deserves a starting shot, I think, but he'll be a solid number 4 for them.
                  I still like Willis on their team. Move him outside for a year, when Edwards is done, move Willis inside and don't miss a beat.

With aging players, injury is always a concern as well. Its nice to have that backup plan. With avg. DTs in front of him, and being relatively undersized, Edwards is more susceptible to injuries now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    For a year anyway. Donnie doesn't have much in the tank. They should still get a LB in the draft, whether its Buster Davis later, or Willis in the 1st.

Also, it never hurts to nab someone away from SD and expose some of the inner workings and tendencies of the players.
                    I think in the short term.

Comment

I believe the opposite. I think he's underappreciated. It will be interesting to see him back in the 4-3, see how he can fare with avg. DTs in front of him.

Jamal Williams, Luis Castillo and Igor Olshansky have helped Donnie a whole lot more than the interior of the Chief's D-line will. I'm going to miss Donnie, but I don't think he'll be as successful in KC.

Comment

I still like Willis on their team. Move him outside for a year, when Edwards is done, move Willis inside and don't miss a beat.

With aging players, injury is always a concern as well. Its nice to have that backup plan. With avg. DTs in front of him, and being relatively undersized, Edwards is more susceptible to injuries now.
                        I think they have too many other concerns to justify a LB selection in round 1. A starting group of Johnson/Edwards/Harris should be fine, and Fox arguably deserved a shot to start this year. With DT, possibly DE (depending on the Allen situation), depth at CB, WR, OL all as areas that help is needed, I just don't think you can justify adding a linebacker to a group that, on paper, is a solid foursome.

Comment

A good signing in as much as a adequate linebacker but more so as bringing in another veteran to council and teach some of the younger guys and to gain a bit of knowledge about the Chargers.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            I think they have too many other concerns to justify a LB selection in round 1. A starting group of Johnson/Edwards/Harris should be fine, and Fox arguably deserved a shot to start this year. With DT, possibly DE (depending on the Allen situation), depth at CB, WR, OL all as areas that help is needed, I just don't think you can justify adding a linebacker to a group that, on paper, is a solid foursome.
                            Yeah...Im guilty of being a defense junky

Maybe they might make a push for Okeye now. They have needs yes, but if Herm likes Okeye enough, I can see him making an aggressive move to get him.

Comment

This is a great signing and it makes sense of the Harris signing now. Harris is not a good MLB, but I think he could be a good complement to Johnson & Edwards now at SLB.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information