Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers shopping Cromartie for a RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I think you guys are underestimating the value of a CB with Cromartie's talent, and overestimating the value of RB's. Yeah, the fact that the Chargers want to trade Cromartie says something, but sometimes teams have to take chances. It's not out of the question that Cromartie could regain his form from a couple of year ago.

    As far as RB's go: Chris Johnson had one of the best years for any RB ever. Where was he during the playoffs this year. The worst team in the league had the second leading rusher. Neither team in the Super Bowl had a RB who put up big rushing numbers.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      I think you guys are underestimating the value of a CB with Cromartie's talent, and overestimating the value of RB's. Yeah, the fact that the Chargers want to trade Cromartie says something, but sometimes teams have to take chances. It's not out of the question that Cromartie could regain his form from a couple of year ago.

      As far as RB's go: Chris Johnson had one of the best years for any RB ever. Where was he during the playoffs this year. The worst team in the league had the second leading rusher. Neither team in the Super Bowl had a RB who put up big rushing numbers.
      There's no such thing as underestimating Cromartie's value. If the Bolts can get anything of value for him, I'd be stoked.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by DJC View Post
        They can have Ward and Clayton for Cro.
        I'd be fine with offloading both Ward and Clayton, but the Tampa 2 requires defensive backs who can actually tackle.


        As for the Falcons giving up Turner for Cromartie, as a Bucs fan, I'm all for it! :D

        Comment


        • #19
          Thomas Jones for Cro makes sense.
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • #20
            Where was Cro in the playoffs? Ohh thats right, getting beat by the rb and not making a tackle.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Legacy View Post
              As for the Falcons giving up Turner for Cromartie, as a Bucs fan, I'm all for it! :D
              You're confused.

              The Packers are interested. Cool. I don't know how I feel about it until I see what we give up if we pursue him. Anthing higher than a 4th, I don't want.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                You're confused.

                The Packers are interested. Cool. I don't know how I feel about it until I see what we give up if we pursue him. Anthing higher than a 4th, I don't want.
                How about Brandon Jackson?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Willis McGahee for Cro.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Cromartie is a really good cover corner, but he is seriously afraid of contact. However, he is a playmaker and I def. see a team who need a cover guy to give up a 2nd rounder. Maybe Texans?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Madden has made this guy so overrated it's not even funny.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        Sorry, but I don't get all that attached to RB's. Cromartie is a 25 year old CB with great talent. Turner would be lucky to have 2 or 3 more big seasons left in his legs. Yeah, people are down on Cromartie, but there was a time when people were down on Charles Woodson too. It's possible Cromartie could resurrect his career.
                        People were down on Woodson because he was getting older and couldn't stay healthy, not because he completely forgot how to play football like Cromartie.

                        I also think you're underestimating how important a bell-cow back like Turner can be in the NFL these days. You need to use every drop of gasoline he's got in that tank.

                        Cromartie is like a girl that you think is perfect (beautiful, funny, great body) until you get her in the sack and you find out all she does is lie there like a dead cow. There might be a time or two when she's a decent lay, but it's only because the planets aligned properly and you were both on ecstasy that night. It'll never ever be that good again. In fact, it'll probably always suck.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                          I'd be fine with offloading both Ward and Clayton, but the Tampa 2 requires defensive backs who can actually tackle.


                          As for the Falcons giving up Turner for Cromartie, as a Bucs fan, I'm all for it! :D
                          Ward and Clayton suck. I'd trade them for Cromartie in a heart beat.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            In the fantasy forum mock goin' on right now, I controlled the Titans and traded LenDale White and a 3rd RD'er to the Chargers owner for Antonio Cromartie and a 5th RD pick. I put Cromartie's value at a 3rd RD'er (at best).

                            As for trading Michael Turner for Cromartie straight up...that's rich! :D
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                            [@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              And Im the Chargers, and I have my Power Back in LenDale and speedy in Sproles :)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                                Ward and Clayton suck. I'd trade them for Cromartie in a heart beat.
                                You want to start Cromartie in a scheme that forces it's corners to come up aggressively, tackle well, and play the contain on running plays? Okay there buddy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information