Chargers shopping Cromartie for a RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Antonio Cromartie is a good cover corner? When did this happen?

WHY THE **** DO PEOPLE THINK THIS GUY IS GOOD? HE IS NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY BECOME BETTER BY JOINING YOUR TEAM.
    Even as a pus he is still better than any of the Lion's current CBs.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

I don't get it, why not trade Cro for a draft pick to some poor team for like a third rounder and use that pick on a running back? They've already shown they can draft RB's just fine.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        How about Brandon Jackson?
        I could live with that.

Comment

Kevin Smith for Cromartie all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            I don't get it, why not trade Cro for a draft pick to some poor team for like a third rounder and use that pick on a running back? They've already shown they can draft RB's just fine.
            I was wondering the same thing. Every year there are good rookie running backs that come from the 3rd, 4th, 5th round, even a UDFA or 2. My only theory is they don't think anyone will give up higher than maybe a 5th for him and they don't have anyone on their draft board they like after that range.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              I was wondering the same thing. Every year there are good rookie running backs that come from the 3rd, 4th, 5th round, even a UDFA or 2. My only theory is they don't think anyone will give up higher than maybe a 5th for him and they don't have anyone on their draft board they like after that range.
              I don't think Cro is half as good as they say, but a fifth seems pretty harsh in my book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I don't think Cro is half as good as they say, but a fifth seems pretty harsh in my book.
                A third seems high, a fifth seems low, I'm suggesting maybe we are off by a round or 2 in our judgment (unless you think he's worth a third or higher).

I don't think anyone 'in the know' will be fooled by his 9 interception year or the fact that he's started for 3 (?) years. Just more game tape to bring down his inflated stock created by his stats.

Also the market for a gambling, inconsistent, poor motor cornerback can't be that great. Making him a starter is conceding that his side of the field is going to be weak against the pass, albeit may create some extra turnovers. And you can cross off the teams that put stock in DBs that play the run or blitz, which is a decent chunk of the NFL. My point is, he's a cornerback who can't play the run or cover. Who wants that? All he brings to the table is interceptions, and the "potential" that nobody will ever see, save for maybe 1 or 2 plays a game, but never consistently.
                Last edited by umphrey; 02-17-2010, 11:53 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

YFS I think your forgetting about one team...it takes your ******, your piece of crap, and absolute garbage and turns them into okay/cheaters. The Patriots will make Cromartie look like a Pro Bowler, or Bill Belicheat will make him look like a pro bowler.

Comment

YFS I think your forgetting about one team...it takes your ******, your piece of crap, and absolute garbage and turns them into okay/cheaters. The Patriots will make Cromartie look like a Pro Bowler, or Bill Belicheat will make him look like a pro bowler.
                    I gotta say I'm no pats fan but the whole "patriots cheat!" and "Bill Belicheat" is getting oooold.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I gotta say I'm no pats fan but the whole "patriots cheat!" and "Bill Belicheat" is getting oooold.
                      Cause they havent been dominant since.

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                        Cause they havent been dominant since.
                        Even if we assume this is true, what impact does this have on Addict's statement?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I just watched south park, thats why I thought of bill belicheek

Comment

Lendale White for Cro, straight up.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

I just watched south park, thats why I thought of bill belicheek
                              oh right. How do you reach these kids?

Anyways I did think it was beneath you so that explains it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Fans tend to have a pessimistic view about CBs and think any CB who isn't Darelle Revis or Charles Woodson is a 'scrub'. The fact is the NFL has rules that favor the pass catchers and CBs are only watched when the guy they are covering is being thrown to. Nobody watches a CB when he simply does a good job of covering one play and forces the QB to look elsewhere. We tend to think that every team should have a '#1 lockdown CB' but if you asked fans to name every CB in the league who fits that description only a handful of guys would likely be widely named.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information