Who Is most Underrated QB In NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raiderchampion3
    started a topic Who Is most Underrated QB In NFL?

Who Is most Underrated QB In NFL?

The most underrated QB in the NFL might be Ben Roethlisberger's , he has done so much for his team winning two super bowls and putting up big numbers but when people mention QB'S they don't mention him with the elites and I just don't get that?

• tjsunstein
    replied
    Matt Schaub is now overrated. I hope you guys are happy.

Leave a comment:

• diesel
    replied
    Easily Matt Schaub.

Leave a comment:

• MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    replied
    Originally posted by Kramer View Post
    Kyle Orton, he put up great numbers last year, and I donít think the Broncos collapse is his fault, but I am no Broncos fan so I donít know. The reason why I say he is underrated is because he has to compete with Brady Quinn who was one of the worst QBís in the league last year to keep his starting job despite having above an 85 QB rating himself, and he already has the advantage of knowing the offense.
    Orton isn't that good, but he is solid. Especially when Brandon is playing, he'll do a somewhat decent job of moving us down the field and a very good job of limiting turnovers. He really really needs a dominant target like Brandon Marshall, though. He's not a guy who's a difference maker, he throws a large percentage of his passes to one guy. Eddie Royal sucked this year after dominating as a rookie with Cutler. I wouldn't say he's underrated, he just is what he is, and that's a pretty good game manager.

He's way, way better than Quinn though.

Leave a comment:

• Flyboy
    replied
    Drew Beast. Still.

Leave a comment:

• Kramer
    replied
    Kyle Orton, he put up great numbers last year, and I donít think the Broncos collapse is his fault, but I am no Broncos fan so I donít know. The reason why I say he is underrated is because he has to compete with Brady Quinn who was one of the worst QBís in the league last year to keep his starting job despite having above an 85 QB rating himself, and he already has the advantage of knowing the offense.

Leave a comment:

• BlindSite
    replied
    Homer post:

Matt Moore did better last year than most QBs do in their first two years he was poised, accurate and productive and faced some good defenses without much help at receiver, a very depleted running game and offensive line.

People still say he had heaps of help and didn't look that good, but if you look at who he started with he did exceptionally well. As far as starters go he doesn't get a lot of respect for finishing in the top portion of the league in passer rating, above Brady, Warner and Romo.

Also, Matt Schaub, he faces some tough, tough competition in his division and he lead the league in yards, turned in a 98 plus completion rating and was 5th overall in TDs. Not a lot of talent around him either. Big fan of Schaub.

Leave a comment:

• Monomach
    replied
    Heyyyyyy. Why can't I negative rep rc3 anymore? Is he banned? Did someone just feel sorry for him and remove his rep icon?

Leave a comment:

• Rosebud
    replied
    Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Dont laugh but, I def. think Romo has become very underrated when it comes to fans all around the league. His decision making and ball security have increased tenfold. He's much more vocal and he tends to make beautiful audibles at the line...since he's been given more freedom at the line. He puts up elite number every year, and he makes the players around him better. The biggest problem was the turnovers and the gunslinger mistakes but, he really eliminated the majority of these this year. He's proficient and consistent and his game really has improved a lot. I'd love to see what he could do with better pass protection and a competent #2 WR. haha.

edit....

And I dont even want to hear about the talent level or his "weapons". Because when you really look at it, yes he has Witten and Austin. But then what does he have? He has Williams who is garbage, Crayton who is a pretty good player but, there are a lot of Crayton's in the league. And then he has Bennett who has been a big ole disappointment. Romo doesnt really get enough credit, imo.
    He's also got a fantastic running game to carry the offense every third series. Tony gets a lot of ****, but that's settled down, I know a lot of us giants fan are big fans of tony romo the person and like him a lot and I know a lot of bears and packers fans who've warmed up to him as well. He still gets a lot of credit, even though he is in a sweet situation, so I'd say he's probably fairly-rated to a little under-rated.

Jay Cutler has gotten horribly under-rated by a lot of people but he is coming off of a horrendous season.

Leave a comment:

• M.O.T.H.
    replied
    Dont laugh but, I def. think Romo has become very underrated when it comes to fans all around the league. His decision making and ball security have increased tenfold. He's much more vocal and he tends to make beautiful audibles at the line...since he's been given more freedom at the line. He puts up elite number every year, and he makes the players around him better. The biggest problem was the turnovers and the gunslinger mistakes but, he really eliminated the majority of these this year. He's proficient and consistent and his game really has improved a lot. I'd love to see what he could do with better pass protection and a competent #2 WR. haha.

edit....

And I dont even want to hear about the talent level or his "weapons" in the passing game. Because when you really look at it, yes he has Witten and Austin. But then what does he have? He has Williams who is garbage, Crayton who is a pretty good player but, there are a lot of Crayton's in the league. And then he has Bennett who has been a big ole disappointment. Romo doesnt really get enough credit, imo.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-22-2010, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RealityCheck
    replied
    Kevin O'Connell. Was supposed to be a great backup for Brady and an eventual starter.

Now he's the 3rd string for the Jets.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    Most underrated quarterback = Tavaris Jackson.

Just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• tjsunstein
    replied
    Matt Schaub
    Eli Manning
    Alex Smith

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    Jay Cutler a little. people think he is Jamarcus