Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best SB winning team of the 00s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    this is all true.

i think people forget how talented that Patriots team really was. the defense was just loaded with talent. even the offense was decent. great oline, HOF qb, and solid run game. Complimentary pass game.

Every SB winning team of the past 10 years had a flaw. I think that 04 Pats team had the least amount of flaws of them all.
    What made that team so special was the fact that it was so well rounded. We had a very physical running game, an above average passing game, and arguably the best defense in the league. There were a lot of role players on offense like Branch and Givens but they all worked together well as a unit.

Seymour was one of the best DL in the league, Ted Washington could still stuff the run, and Warren was a great young 3-4 end. Our LB corps was amazing and Harrison was the leader of the defense. Samuel and Eugene Wilson were great DBs considering how young they were. On top of all that we had one of the most clutch kickers the game has ever seen.

I miss that team.

Comment

Seeds for torney

1 New England Patriots 2003 14 2 0
      2 New England Patriots 2004 14 2 0
      3 New Orleans Saints 2009 13 3 0
      4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2002 12 4 0
      5 Pittsburgh Steelers 2008 12 4 0
      6 Indianapolis Colts 2006 12 4 0
      7 Baltimore Ravens 2000 12 4 0
      8 New England Patriots 2001 11 5 0

bottom 4 seeds play a play in game seeds determined by regular season record then seed (conference playoff) 2 - 3 days of voting per round.

Play in
      2000 Ravens vs 2007 Giants - Georgia Dome Atlanta, Georgia
      2001 NE Patriots vs 2005 Pit Steelers - Raymond James Stadium Tampa, Florida
      Last edited by Brothgar; 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
        Seeds for torney

1 New England Patriots 2003 14 2 0
        2 New England Patriots 2004 14 2 0
        3 New Orleans Saints 2009 13 3 0
        4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2002 12 4 0
        5 Pittsburgh Steelers 2008 12 4 0
        6 Indianapolis Colts 2006 12 4 0
        7 Baltimore Ravens 2000 12 4 0
        8 New England Patriots 2001 11 5 0
        9 Pittsburgh Steelers 2005 11 5 0
        10 New York Giants 2007 10 6 0

bottom 4 seeds play a play in game seeds determined by regular season record then seed (conference playoff) 2 - 3 days of voting per round.

Play in
        2000 Ravens vs 2007 Giants - Georgia Dome Atlanta, Georgia
        2001 NE Patriots vs 2005 Pit Steelers - Raymond James Stadium Tampa, Florida
        Those are random seeds right?
        I'm a state.

Comment

Looks to be based on record, and then chronologically breaking the tie breakers.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            Those are random seeds right?
            Regular season record -> playoff seed (in that year) -> coin flip.
            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

The 2007 Patriots and Colts would be among the Top 5 teams. Bu as Tim and Eric say, "Ya blew it."

I really won't split hairs over the 02 Bucs, 00 Ravens, and 08 Steelers defenses. We're talking 98.8, 98.5, and 98.1 or something. But the 2008 Steelers allowed fewer yards per pass (8.3) in a passing league, even more than the early 2000s. 8.3 is the lowest in the 2000s on a top defense (just ahead of the 2007 Colts... but I digress). And they were basically the best against the run.

51 sacks vs 35 for Baltimore. But I could also pick Baltimore, best run defense ever in a running league.

For the best team I will also take the 2004 Pats, who beat up on teams (4th in pts, 2nd in allowed), with the target on their back and won the title again, taking down Pittsburgh and Philly. Corey Dillon, McGinest, Rodney, Colvin... Troy Brown with 3 INT.

FYI the 4th highest rated defense for the 2000s is the 2006 Ravens, then a drop and the 2008 Ravens. Holy cow, Rex Ryan and crew.
              Last edited by singe_101; 02-23-2010, 12:00 AM.
              DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

I think the saints D will go underrated because of Final numbers, but we shut down and screwed a lot of really good offenses when we were healthy. The Vikings were the only team to give us a ton of trouble at full health.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information