X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 that might be out

Cardinals-no warner, perhaps no playoffs

Eagles-depending on how the Donovan thing shakes down

Jets-Might be a case of a team that is better allaround but their record doesn't indicate it.

Bengals-I can't see their defense playing as well as they did last year

Ravens-There defense is no longer as fearsome as it was and the more they get away from the running game the more Flacco will struggle

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
      5 that might be out

Cardinals-no warner, perhaps no playoffs

Eagles-depending on how the Donovan thing shakes down

Jets-Might be a case of a team that is better allaround but their record doesn't indicate it.

Bengals-I can't see their defense playing as well as they did last year

Ravens-There defense is no longer as fearsome as it was and the more they get away from the running game the more Flacco will struggle
      Completely agree. You've gotta take a step back to take two forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
        Meh it's not like he is guaranteed to be gone. Plus I am fairly optimistic about what Doucet can bring, he is pretty much Boldin-lite. Cards are also something like 5-2 without Boldin the last couple of years (two of those wins in the playoffs).
        Losing Warner is what's going to do it for them. If they lose Boldin then Fitzgerald is going to be like Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson were a few years ago. An awesome receiver on a team with a poor passing game because his quarterback can't throw half the routes he runs, and the defense won't be spread out stopping other receivers and the running game, just Fitz. Arizona still has receivers (Doucet is a fine player) but the defense is going to key on Fitz and their offense will have to run through Leinart, Doucet, and Wells, which is no recipe for the playoffs.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Well, I got three out of five correct, and the other two (Colts and Eagles) look increasingly like classic one-and-done teams.

Comment

Don't pat yourself on the back too much, 3/5 of those teams you listed were starting a new starting qb, and another team has Brett favre. Not exactly miss Cleo worthy to guess those teams wouldn't make the playoffs. Guess you deserve some credit for the bengals pick, but majority of people could have seen the flaws to that team.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
              Don't pat yourself on the back too much, 3/5 of those teams you listed were starting a new starting qb, and another team has Brett favre. Not exactly miss Cleo worthy to guess those teams wouldn't make the playoffs. Guess you deserve some credit for the bengals pick, but majority of people could have seen the flaws to that team.
              True, but there was a shocking number of people disagreeing with me on Minnesota.

Everyone I talked to was like, "well, there's so much talent on that team that even without Favre, they're easily a 10 win team!"

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information