Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilfork Franchised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I know its about "long term security" but me personally I would love to make 12 mil in one season (or however much the DT one is) Crap, with 12 million I could be a king in another country for life.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Ness View Post
      Couldn't the team just franchise tag him again if he doesn't sign an extension? It seems like the franchise tag gives teams way too much of an advantage in the business world of the NFL.
      Yeah, they could. I'm just assuming they draft his replacement this year, develop him while Wilfork is tagged, and let him walk next year.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        Yeah, they could. I'm just assuming they draft his replacement this year, develop him while Wilfork is tagged, and let him walk next year.
        They drafted Ron Brace last year though. I think they already have his potential replacement in house.

        If Brace shows no promise, they'll probably resign Wilfork. If he shows during the offseason and throughout the year that he has what it takes, they probably let Wilfork go in FA.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          They drafted Ron Brace last year though. I think they already have his potential replacement in house.

          If Brace shows no promise, they'll probably resign Wilfork. If he shows during the offseason and throughout the year that he has what it takes, they probably let Wilfork go in FA.
          He was completely deactivated for 7 games last year. And it's not like NE's defensive line was bursting at the seams with depth, either.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            He was completely deactivated for 7 games last year. And it's not like NE's defensive line was bursting at the seams with depth, either.
            yeah but you never know. he was just a rookie, and BB hates playing rookies. Look at how long it took BB to trust Merriweather.

            NE's problem isn't depth inside, its the lack of pass rush on the outside.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Splat View Post
              So am I...
              that makes 2 of us

              Comment


              • #22
                I think he'll get an extension. We know how important the guy is. I mean I hope so anyway.
                Last edited by Jvig43; 02-22-2010, 02:22 PM.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I hope to God we give him an extension, if this is what keeps him here until then so be it but he is not going to be happy if he just gets tagged.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    NE needs to make a statement with this signing. I think it could be bad for them if they only give contracts to elite players. Wilfork is even considerable for elite. So that would be bad.
                    **** her in da *****!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I was actually hoping he wasnt going to be franchised. Seymour talked about getting players he knows to Oakland, and play right next to Wilfolk for the last 4 or 5 years I was hoping there was a chance he would come to Oakland. Of course we would have to sign Seymour long term before doing anything. But adding Wilfolk next to Seymour would make our defense so much better


                      "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        I was actually hoping he wasnt going to be franchised. Seymour talked about getting players he knows to Oakland, and play right next to Wilfolk for the last 4 or 5 years I was hoping there was a chance he would come to Oakland. Of course we would have to sign Seymour long term before doing anything. But adding Wilfolk next to Seymour would make our defense so much better
                        If Wilfork and Seymour wind up playing next to each other in Oakland I will be very surprised to say the least.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X

                        Debug Information