No announcement yet.

Chargers release Ladainian Tomlinson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll run for 1000 yards again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      He'll run for 1000 yards again next year.
      I could see him running for 1,500. He's still got it.

Comment

I thought one day LT would break Emmitt's record.

Comment

With what team exactly? This is a two back league now.

Comment

I get the feeling LT still thinks he's better then what he is, I can't see him going to say Tennessee and just spelling CJ for a breather here and there. New England would probably use him more then anyone else. Houston always made sense to me if Slaton is healthy that's not a bad rotation, but he's just really not that good anymore.

He won't come close to getting as many touches next year as he did this past year, and his numbers were terrible, can't really say I saw anything to make me think he'll get better with time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              With what team exactly? This is a two back league now.
              This was before the whole revolution in passing games and the two back system. Mid 2000s, I thought of this.

Speaking of two back system who started it? Was it the Eagles and their 3 back system or some other team?

Comment

As much as I love LT... He's one of the top ten greatest backs in NFL history in my book. He did this to himself, his pride got in the way. When the Bus knew that he was out of gas he became a goal line back and a team leader made it easy for Pit to keep him around. LT didn't, he said he wasn't going to take a pay cut and didn't like that his touches were low.

Comment

Would be work in Shanahan's ZBS in washington?
                  Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    bring him to denver. sounds like he's substantially better than anything we're willing to play right now.
                    as terrible as I think Moreno looked last year (and he was terrible, which is why I don't get why people were raving about him...i didn't see it at all), LDT would be worse.

Start Buckhalter. He's the best back you have.

Comment

Strong feeling that he lands in Houston. They need another back with Slaton, he is from Texas. Just seems like a great match to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTeel View Post
                        He's worth a look for the vet minimum as a 3rd down back, bring him to Seattle.
                        how the **** do you have 25 posts and I have yet to recognize your outstanding username?

oh and I see the Texans. makes sense.

and not the Pats, doesn't he still hate them?
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                          i'd love to play buckhalter more. he's actually pretty good. if we could team him and hillis, we'd be set.

i think LDT would do ok, as long as we never gave him the ball on 4 straight plays at the goalline against anyone but our own defense. (i really don't, i'm just really excited about anything, no matter how ridiculous, that would allow us to dump moreno)
                          Buck has always been pretty solid. Even after his knees went to crap, he's still pretty good. Just makes you wonder how good he could have been if he never got injured.

He was always underappreciated in Philly. He's a solid #2 back. Especially in that system, he fits it well.

Comment

Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                            Strong feeling that he lands in Houston. They need another back with Slaton, he is from Texas. Just seems like a great match to me.
                            Thing is though, supposedly Houston isn't really interested in him. At least that's the word out of camp, but it's a bit hard to believe when they were still fooling with Ahman Green only a year ago and their RB situation hasn't improved one bit since that time. Hard to believe LT is worse then him, but maybe their ready to go after a rookie back and stop messing with over the hill RB's.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Can't see him anywhere besides SD, and I especially can't see him ever wanting to come to NE.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Thing is though, supposedly Houston isn't really interested in him. At least that's the word out of camp, but it's a bit hard to believe when they were still fooling with Ahman Green only a year ago and their RB situation hasn't improved one bit since that time. Hard to believe LT is worse then him, but maybe their ready to go after a rookie back and stop messing with over the hill RB's.
                                I think they have their main young back in Slaton, only thing is I don't think Slaton is ready yet to carry a full load. I don't think LT is as over the hill as Green was when he signed with them, and I believe that LT would be a great 2nd back in that offense and a great mentor to Slaton.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information