Blood Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Test

Do you guys think there should be a blood test to test for peds like HGH? Or do you side with the unions who think it's too invassive?

No it's not too invasive if the NFL actually wants to crack down on HGH consumption. That said, I don't think any professional sports league in the world beyond the Olympics has ever really sought to clean up their sport more than they've tried to clean up the image of their sport.

However, I'm not even sure what good a blood test would do. There are performance enhancers which don't present in drug tests like classic cases of anabolic steroid or HGH abuse and if a player is willing to take those kinds of drugs close enough to the NFL combine, they would theoretically do enough homework to take the ones that can't be tested for.

Comment

Apparently they have blood tests now that can really test for this stuff legitly. BTW the NFL wants the tests but the unions don't... I wonder why.

Comment

No blood tests. I know there are a ton of guys that are on all kinds stuff but I don't really care. The NFL gets a pass on performance enhancements.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

I don't think it should be acceptable just because it is the NFL. With that said, football is 80% mental anyway, so keep using HGH, it doesn't make you much better.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
          Originally posted by fenikz
          we all hate you

Comment

BTW the NFL wants the tests but the unions don't... I wonder why.
            I still doubt that the NFL will push it too hard, fact of the matter is that better athletes make for a better product, whether they naturally obtain their ability or stimulate it with drugs.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
              I still doubt that the NFL will push it too hard, fact of the matter is that better athletes make for a better product, whether they naturally obtain their ability or stimulate it with drugs.
              true, and look what steroid testing did for baseball. It's not good for the sport. The HR record is very important in their history but they don't know who to call all- time leader.

It's a negative picture and i highly believe there are a lot of HGH users in the NFL world. It's better that we do not know.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

I personally think that PEDs are very common in football, and that having blood tests would shock the masses as to how many of these guys are on PEDs.

I mean seriously guys, do we really think that today's athletes are getting to be bigger, stronger, faster than the guys in the 90s based just on legal supplements?

No way.

Just wait until gene enhancement starts to become the new PED. Thats a scary thought.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I personally think that PEDs are very common in football, and that having blood tests would shock the masses as to how many of these guys are on PEDs.

I mean seriously guys, do we really think that today's athletes are getting to be bigger, stronger, faster than the guys in the 90s based just on legal supplements?

No way.

Just wait until gene enhancement starts to become the new PED. Thats a scary thought.
                  I'm gettin the **** out by the time we turn into the Brave New World.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    you won't be allowed to travel you Epsilon.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      we're going to be monsters in 30 years.

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with it. I think the only reason the Union is against it atm is to gain leverage to get something else they want in return in the CBA negotiations.

Either that, or they know that a ludicrous amount of players are using it...which is also bad.

Comment

Ludicrous amount of players are using it, thats why the union doesn't want it blood test.

Didn't Rodeny Harrison get caught using it. He did it to heal quicker, cause of his age...I wonder what Brett Favre is doing to stay this healthy? Would his record be tarnished or * if caught with something?

A lot of old guys must be using it, seeing as how much longer they play now then they use to.

Hopefully the league is clean though.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                            Ludicrous amount of players are using it, thats why the union doesn't want it blood test.

Didn't Rodeny Harrison get caught using it. He did it to heal quicker, cause of his age...I wonder what Brett Favre is doing to stay this healthy? Would his record be tarnished or * if caught with something?

A lot of old guys must be using it, seeing as how much longer they play now then they use to.

Hopefully the league is clean though.
                            That's what I think, too. Whenever a guy comes back from a serious injury better than before, I'm always skeptical.

Comment

I'm not sure how much of the playing longer is steroid related, I think a lot of that is probably just normal nutrition and taking care of the body. I dare say you will find that the majority of the guys who play to their late 30s also live pretty clean lives. Remember as recently as the 80s players still got drunk every weekend and a lot of them even smoked.

That said, I do feel that the speed and size has a lot to do with roids. They are readily available, easy to get away with and can make a big difference in an industry where your body is putting food on the table. I know that if someone told me I needed to do roids to play in the NFL I would give it serious consideration, especially at damn near $400,000 a year minimum contract. Hell, I do things that are arguably as bad for my body now for nothing(alcohol).

The reality is that the better the athletes, the better the product can be and the NFL and the NFLPA know this and while they will publicly denounce PEDs and will punish those that are stupid enough to get caught using them(and you are very stupid if you get caught) but I don't think they will push to hard to try and catch everyone. Lets be honest, no one that is a fan of the sport wants probably close to half the league booted because players are using drugs that any reasonable fan already knows they are using, it just doesn't make sense.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information