Dunta Robinson lands with Falcons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
    Why do you jump to the defense of every average CB? Some of them aren't good. There's also a reason why these guys in the "prime" of their careers aren't a priority to get re-signed.
    Because the Falcons desperately need a corner, so if one of them comes to ATL he'll be forced to defend the signing.

Comment

Stating facts is not defending anyone. It's a fact that an NFL team will pay Robinson well. When fans watch games they only notice CB's when the player they are covering is being thrown to. The NFL is a league with rules that favor the pass catcher and most fans don't understand how hard it is to play CB. If I asked any of you to name all the so called '#1 CB's' in the league you'd probably say only a few teams in the NFL have a '#1 CB" on thier roster, indicating you have unrealistic expectations for CB's.

Comment

I'd take him in Baltimore.
        & then
        Get rid of Fabian Washington, I'm not a big fan.
        GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          Stating facts is not defending anyone. It's a fact that an NFL team will pay Robinson well. When fans watch games they only notice CB's when the player they are covering is being thrown to. The NFL is a league with rules that favor the pass catcher and most fans don't understand how hard it is to play CB. If I asked any of you to name all the so called '#1 CB's' in the league you'd probably say only a few teams in the NFL have a '#1 CB" on thier roster, indicating you have unrealistic expectations for CB's.
          You make general statements assuming people who read your posts are idiots, "fans think", etc. You make a good point without realizing it - there are plenty of good CBs that go unnoticed that are way better than Dunta Robinson and Antonio Cromartie. They even do it without Merriman and Super Mario. Then they quietly get contract extensions instead of getting ousted by the team that knows them the best.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

The Patriots let Asante Samuel go. Is he a bad player? The Raiders are trying to trade their pro bowl CB. The Packers have a CB who was allowed to change teams. Deion changed teams. So have many good CBs.

Comment

Now you want to talk about the elite corners, eh? Of course they switch teams - who doesn't. Well I wanted to point out all the guys that don't get talked about because they weren't first round picks and they don't get shown on replays as they blow their coverage in clutch situations. They are part of good pass defenses that don't involve freaks like Mario Williams and they are better than Dunta Robinson. He isn't a #1 CB he is a RCB meaning he starts. He is a starter on an average/poor pass defense whose problem is in the secondary, not the pass rush (even though Mario doesn't get much help, he does a lot by himself).
              Last edited by umphrey; 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Redskins for the offseason title

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Probly DC, Carlos Rogers is a bum and doesnt wanna be here anyway
                  RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I'd love to see him in St. Louis. I think Steve Spagnuolo could do well with him, and having Bradley Fletcher, Ron Bartell and Dunta Robinson would create a very physical, tough and solid group of Corners.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I would love him being in the San Fran. Teaming with Nate Clements, Dashon Goldson, and EARL THOMAS!

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                        I would love him being in the San Fran. Teaming with Nate Clements, Dashon Goldson, and EARL THOMAS!
                        Stop :( (10 characters )
                        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Why'd you have to bring up Deion Branch? That guy pisses me off. I still cant believe Ruskell thought it was a good idea to give up a 1st rounder for him.
                          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                            I am going to be all over every cornerback thread suggesting the Packers should go after them.
                            I'm gonna make a thread about Frank Walker and how he should be released. I'll be expecting you. Yes, he's worse than Bush.

As for the topic, I wouldn't expect him in Baltimore. We need another corner, but Dunta doesn't fit the bill $-wise or the type of corner we need. Detroit makes sense.

Comment

Frank Walker was in Green Bay in 2008...

Comment

Wow, I never expected D-Rob to get his own thread.

Anyhoo, the ppl that are sticking up for him, I'm sorry. He's not all that great, I watched him through out the whole season and what I saw was not worth anywhere what he was/ is going to ask for. Statistically he allowed 7.2 yds. per attempt. Make what you want of those stats, but that was the most YPA given up on the Texans team. Contrary to popular belief he was not always on the top receiver I would say he was on the top receiver of opposing teams around 60% of the time, having said that when QB's threw his way they had a QB rating hovering around the high ninetys.

I have season tix so I get to watch him in person at home, one thing I noticed is that he is a penalty waiting to happen. I think he realizes that he's lost his closing speed and holds more often than not. He and F. Bennet really hurt our D with some penalties. Considering how many D. Rob got away with I think its a small price to pay. The other thing I noticed is his tackling technique was bad. He would launch himself at players and not wrap up.

A few ppl have mentioned the 49ers having interest in him. If that happened that would blow my mind. They had the Clements experiment and this season VD walked into the endzone when D. Rob dove at him and slid off because he didn't wrap up.

Is he a good CB? He's okay. Is he a number one CB? His only good yr. his rookie yr. he benefitted from having A. Glenn playing opposite of him. Since then he hasn't shown anything to say he is good enough to cover the opposing teams #1 WRs. Is he gonna be overpaid? Of course, coming off a yr. with 0 picks, and a yr. removed from a devastating injury, I think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information