No announcement yet.

Dunta Robinson lands with Falcons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all of the Aso talk, you would think the jets might be interested.
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      When fans watch games they only notice CB's when the player they are covering is being thrown to.
      And they remember when the player is beat or gets an interception.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin View Post
        VD walked into the endzone when D. Rob dove at him and slid off because he didn't wrap up.

I'm certain Robinson is not the first, nor will he be the last person that does this.
        Originally posted by Babylon
        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

Dunta hasn't been good playing as a #1 corner ever. I really liked him when he was a younger player, but he gives too big of a cushion and is always giving up yards. He is better with a safety covering for him over the top so he can take chances. He is above average in run support but these past few years he just has been plain old average to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin View Post
            A few ppl have mentioned the 49ers having interest in him. If that happened that would blow my mind.
            they are not interested in overpaid FAs when they already have one at corner.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Atlanta. Shefter confirms a 6 year deal. Here's my thoughts from the Falcons thread.

On Dunta, I'm placing my faith with TD. We've supposedly been infatuated with him for a while, and TD even tried to swing a deal for him last year. He's a self admitted CB snob, and I don't think he's just going to hand out cash freely. I haven't seen this point brought up, but remember when we brought in a solid CB but nothing special by the name of Foxworth? And then he went on to do a very good job for us. I'm trusting TD feels like bringing Robinson back home and putting him in our scheme is going to pay huge dividends.

I do want to see how much money he got though, because I can't pretend like the guy has been a shut down corner.

Comment

Dunta Robinson should immediately aid out the pass rush in atlanta. Great sign.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

Comment

If hes the #1 CB there, ehhh.

Hopefully hes better than last year, though. He wasnt that good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post

He is definitely going to be #1. He's a huge improvement over the CB already on the falcons roster.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                      He is definitely going to be #1. He's a huge improvement over the CB already on the falcons roster.
                      Id imagine the falcons have CB's better bthan Jacques Reeves right? Because Dunta was outplayed by Reeves last year. Which annoyed the hell out of me, because i HATE Jacques Reeves

Comment

Originally posted by comahan View Post

It'd be really hard to judge him based on last year, he wasn't 100% recovered from his knee (takes 2 years to fully recover from an injury like that) not to mention he held out. He wanted to get 'paid' to stay in Houston.

I know Thomas Dimitroff made a name for himself scouting DBs like Asante Samuel, and there's no doubt that Robinson has a unique skill set. Even though he's 5'10" he packs a serious punch as a physical corner.

I think the guy knows what he's doing in Atlanta, so I'm sure he's not done building his team up down there. Their defense really turned it on towards the end of the year, putting Robinson out there could only help.

Comment

I like the signing. I'm not crazy about Dunta Robinson, I think he is only above average as a CB, but he should do well in our scheme and he is certainly better than what we had. Only the injury ridden Titans' secondary was worse than ours last year. Our corners made Jake F'n Delhomme look like a great QB: 500 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interceptions and a passer rating in the 90s.

Comment

i agree that he has been overhyped as a "shut down" corner. I think he is a very solid corner, just not that type you pay the bank for.
                            that said... i wish the ravens couldve gone after him

Go Ravens!

Comment

In TD we trust. The only reason I am backing this deal is because Tom Dmitroff has done it and I trust his decision making. Otherwise, apart from his early seasons, he has been an injury prone CB who on his return to a full 16 game season, was the most penalized CB in the league.

I hope a change in scenery and coaching can get him back to form. The fact that he provides an upgrade to our already abysmal CB group is a definite plus as well. I guess this rules Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson out of the picture? I don't think either will last til 20 anyway.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I really am not that sold on Dunta Robinson, especially when you look at his metrics over the past couple years (he was what, the #88 CB in the league this year on PFF?) but I guess you gotta give it to the Falcons for attempting to fix their terrible pass defense. I can't say I'm sorry they didn't go for Leigh Bodden instead, otherwise New England would be in a lot of trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information