Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-Redskins
    2-Eagles
    3- Cowboys
    4- Giants

I am basing that on how the Skins n the Eagles have been relatively stable in the FA market. Boys n Giants have some holes n new personnel integration stuff to deal with.

Comment

This easy:

1. Cowboys 13-3
      2. Eagles 10-6
      3. Redskins 8-8
      4. Giants 6-10

GiantsRutgersFan, are you serious? The Giants are easily the worst team in the East right now. You have no secondary, no linebackers besides peirce, Strahan is average now, and Osi gets hurt all the time. ANd offense, you lost tiki. And we have question, the only whole on the Cowboys entire team is FS.

The giants are lucky to pick out of the top 10 in next years draft.

Comment

This is a bit ridiculous to get it going at such an early stage on discussions on specific records. Heck, even discussing order is early. But I'll do it anyways. Based on current rosters and forecasting ...

1. Dallas Cowboys - Of course, it depends on if Tony Romo can develop, beacuse, well, they need him to develop. It also depends on if Jason Garrett is ready to call plays. Those are two huge unknowns. But a healthy Anthony Henry should provide much better secondary play, they should be adding a DB piece this offseason, and the OL is a bit better. By no means are the Cowboys a great team on paper as of now, and I'd guess anywhere from 7-10 wins.

2. Washington Redskins - 2-headed monster at RB should help protect Jason Campbell, but like the Cowboys, the development of the young QB here will be huge. Will Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs be in sync? Will Saunders and Gregg Williams be in sync? Offensive line needs to add a piece in there. Offseason has helped address some depth issues, as London Fletcher-Baker creates depth at LB (as McIntosh likely beomes a bench guy), Fred Smoot/Travis Fisher give key depth at CB, and Ross Tucker helps on the line. More line depth is needed on both sides, as one DT and one DE would be ideal, and adding another safety to the mix to challenge is probably worth it, unless Archuleta suddenly earns his keep (if he's even around ... still some speculation he might get cut). A bigger receiver would help. I'd guess, as of now, anywhere from 6-9 wins.

3. Philadelphia Eagles - The concern here is the defense. Will their young pieces improve, and will Jevon Kearse stay healthy enough to have a significant impact? The struggles at the POA exposed much of the defense last year. This isn't a defense that, if their DL struggles at the POA, can hold up consistently. Offensively, I still wonder if they can committ to the run game with McNabb back, and if Donovan gets hurt, there's no Jeff Garcia around anymore, and the jury is still out on how capable AJ Feeley is coming on in relief. The WR loss of Stallworth won't hurt as much as it sounds, but it will hurt nonetheless, as he offered some vertical speed. Integrating WR's into the system has always been a concern, so it'll be interesting to track what happens at the position. Still, should be a solid all around team, and expectations as of now is 6-9 wins.

4. New York Giants - Harsh to drop them to 4th, but it's a tough division, and more importantly, it's a competitively balanced division. It's a hard sell right now on the Giants, offensively and defensively. Sure, most of their offseason moves have made sense ... but they haven't added the upgrades yet. Trusting Diehl/Whimper at LT to protect Eli? Very iffy. Reuben Droughns seemed to lose a step and is an odd fit in terms of style with Brandon Jacobs, and Jacobs himself is a question mark. WR depth is still a concern, especially if the safety net of Amani Toomer gets hurt, as that had a significant impact on Eli. Secondary still needs an upgrade for them to likely play as aggressively as they would desire, and I'm still not a huge fan of that DT tandem inside. Do they have the linebacking support next to Antonio Pierce (although I do like Wilkinson)? I think watching the locker room will be interesting, as that's never been the most harmonious locker room, and any difficulties might impact things. At the end of the day, it all falls on the development of Eli Manning, and it's uncertain if he can take that step without an upgraded supporting cast. But a lot of time left this offseason. Guess for now is 5-8 wins.

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for this.

And does it really matter? We base our predictions based on talented accumulated on the roster of each team.

Well, look at the NFC South.

The last 2 division winners were the Bucs and Saints. Two teams that nobody thought would win the division.

The NFC East, the past 2 division winners were the Giants and Eagles. Both teams were considered bottom tier the years they won the division.

The bottom line is in today's league of parity, its impossible to say who will win the division.

The 2 most important aspects of today's game are health/quality depth, and coaching. Staying healthy/deep and good coaching adjustments are the 2 most important keys to winning football games today.
          Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-11-2007, 10:50 AM.

Comment

And seriously, we haven't even finished FA yet and we have an inordinate amount of NFC East threads. To my fellow NFC East guys, let's keep it in moderation please. This is why we get a bad rap.

Comment

giants-16-0
              eagles-0-16
              cowgirls-0-16
              redskins-0-16

lol

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
                giants-16-0
                eagles-0-16
                cowgirls-0-16
                redskins-0-16

lol
                That is a GREAT sig picture. Where did you find it? Leonard Marshall holds a special key to my heart....

Comment

I do agree that it is way to early for this.

But talent wise, I think we will all agree that the Cowboys have the most talent, by a good amount.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                    I do agree that it is way to early for this.

But talent wise, I think we will all agree that the Cowboys have the most talent, by a good amount.
                    why are you so annoying.. and you got DESTROYED last year when the giants were healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                      Lol @ the thread....but anyway...

Dallas (12-4)
                      Philly (11-5)
                      NYG (7-9)
                      Wash (4-12)
                      ya giantrutgers fan im not sure if we r an 11-5 team finishing 1st in the nfc east, as a giants fan i cant see it- we are in a rebuilding period and have holes all over our team

i agree with these records- id say the gmen go 8-8 again however

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

First of all drew bledsoe played, it was romo's first ever serious playing time, so that should end the discussion right there. Second, the most talent doesn't always win, because you won, yet we had more talent. Look at the patriots for instance, they don't have alot of talent, yet they always win.

Plus you have no LBs, no secondary, and you lost tiki, plus strahan is average at best now. The giants are definitly the 4th best team in the East right now.

And I am pretty sure everyone would agree that the Coeboys are the MOST TALENTED, team in the east. That doesn't mean you always win, though.

Our only whole is FS, the least improtant position in football. That is how good our team is.

Comment

Cowboys 10-6
                          Eagles 8-8
                          Giants 8-8
                          Redskins 7-9

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                            ya giantrutgers fan im not sure if we r an 11-5 team finishing 1st in the nfc east, as a giants fan i cant see it- we are in a rebuilding period and have holes all over our team

i agree with these records- id say the gmen go 8-8 again however
                            Thank you, and honest giants fan admits it. there you go hugepunch.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
                              First of all drew bledsoe played, it was romo's first ever serious playing time, so that should end the discussion right there. Second, the most talent doesn't always win, because you won, yet we had more talent. Look at the patriots for instance, they don't have alot of talent, yet they always win.

Plus you have no LBs, no secondary, and you lost tiki, plus strahan is average at best now. The giants are definitly the 4th best team in the East right now.

And I am pretty sure everyone would agree that the Coeboys are the MOST TALENTED, team in the east. That doesn't mean you always win, though.

Our only whole is FS, the least improtant position in football. That is how good our team is.
                              you over rate your team tremendously tony romo is terrible. you rate the giants talent on what they did the second half of the season when 6-7 key players were out every game.

Comment

The Patriots have ALOT of talent. Bruschi, Vrabel (the most underrated LB in the NFL), Colvin, they had a great LB core. They have the best front 3 in the NFL. They have a shutdown Corner and a great SS when healthy.

They have an underrated oline, a solid RB, they had a great 2 TE set, and the best qb in the NFL.

People underrate the Patriots tremendously. They have much more talent than Bill Bellichick will lead you to believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information