Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
    ya giantrutgers fan im not sure if we r an 11-5 team finishing 1st in the nfc east, as a giants fan i cant see it- we are in a rebuilding period and have holes all over our team

i agree with these records- id say the gmen go 8-8 again however
    pssshhhh what kind of fan are you? I bet a Mets fan. hahaha

But we got an easy schedule. 3rd place schedule. Plus I think we will be alrite with new coaching of Defense. I hate fans who dont believe in their team btw

8-8 is a joke and not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
      Way too early. I'd wait until the draft, but here it is anyway.

1. Eagles (10-6) - McNabb will be back.
      2. Giants (10-6) - Eli will break out. Jacobs will demolish defenses.
      3. Cowboys (8-8) - Owens will destroy that team and the new coach won't succeed.
      4. Redskins (5-11) - More of the same for the poor Redskins.

Off topic - I'm going to come out right now and say that the Patriots will be the Superbowl Champs next year. They are finally giving a genius coach good talent to work with.
      are you serious? first of all, McNabb will be hurt again, second of all, the gianst are gonna be 8-8 at best. Eli and Jacobs? lol.

As for overall Talent, Newman is the most talented DB in the East, very close to him is sean taylor though.

Comment

Toonster made a great point about the Eagles. Their fate will depend on their commitment to the run game. Ive also noticed that they abandon the run way too much when McNabb is healthy. For some reason, they only feed the rock to Westbrook and increase his role when McNabb goes down.

Their fate will depend on this factor. If they continue to feed it to Westbrook, they will be great again next year. If they go back to the pass happy nature of Reid, they will suffer a little.

One thing about Philly, their dominance in the trenches. Philly has always been a good team because they win at the point of attack. And they draft so well, that they draft one year ahead. You didn't see much impact by Justice or Bunkley this year, but next year they will make their impact. Thats how Philly drafts, one year ahead of schedule. Thats why they never miss a beat.

Alot of times we evaluate the skill position players and say this team is better than that team because of the matchups. But we always overlook the importance of the line plays on both sides. Disruption up front is the most important phase of the game, and it masks alot of weaknesses in other areas. The teams who consistently play well up front are always contenders. You can't be average on the line of scrimmage and be a good team. No matter what you have at the skill positions.

I said before that the 2 most important keys to winning football games is staying healthy/deep, and good coaching adjustments. Add another to that list, and thats quality play in the trenches.

If you have a solid oline and dline, regardless of what you have at the skill positions, you have a chance to go 8-8 on the season. Throw in some guys around those lines, and with good health and a little luck you can go 10-6. Throw in a top tier qb, and you can win the division. Skill position players are overrated.

Especially wide receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
          pssshhhh what kind of fan are you? I bet a Mets fan. hahaha

But we got an easy schedule. 3rd place schedule. Plus I think we will be alrite with new coaching of Defense. I hate fans who dont believe in their team btw

8-8 is a joke and not gonna happen.
          8-8 is a joke? yea maybe a good joke. If the giants go over 8-8 it will be a MIRACLE.

Comment

TNewFan can you please go away you have no clue what your talking about

And nice posts Toon and BBD, interesting to see how Philly does with the mixed opinions

Comment

1)Eagles 11-5
              2)Giants9-7
              3)Redskins 6-10
              4)Dallas 3-13

Comment

how bout, who cares, this is all menusha anyways.... skins could go 12-4 dalls could go 13-3 skins could go 4-12 eagles could go 6-10..... no one knows and no one should care right now

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Oh and Toon, to answer some of your concerns

1. The age of Runyan and their LT won't be an issue. They have Justice waiting in the wings in case one of them goes down. Justice played great at LT in the PS, and is a natural RT. If Runyan goes down, Justice can spell him at RT, and they wouldn't miss a beat at all. I'll go as far as saying that Justice has PB potential at RT if he started today. So theyre fine in this regard.

2. Reid will find his Stallworth replacement in the draft. Thats most likely why they let go of Stallworth. When healthy, he provided a spark to the pass game, but with the crop of WR talent being so deep this year, Reid can probably find a replacement in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd round of this draft. I wouldn't be suprised to see Anthony Gonzalez in an Eagles uniform. He's an Andy Reid type of guy.
                  Last edited by bigbluedefense; 03-11-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

1. Eagles
                    2. Cowboys
                    3. Redskins
                    4. Giants

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

bbd -

this is based on the assumption that Justice is ready. While preseason is intriguing and helpful, I don't read that much into it due to the vanilla packages often used. I wasn't actually a big fan of Justice coming out (there were those on this board last year that thought he was better than Brick).

While they are likely to add a WR in the draft, the track record of young WR's learning the system is a bit spottier than recent trends would suggest. It's a fairly difficult system to learn for WR's, with many variable nuances. Certainly, they've done a better job in recent years of identifying WR's, but there's a hit or miss factor out there.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        bbd -

this is based on the assumption that Justice is ready. While preseason is intriguing and helpful, I don't read that much into it due to the vanilla packages often used. I wasn't actually a big fan of Justice coming out (there were those on this board last year that thought he was better than Brick).

While they are likely to add a WR in the draft, the track record of young WR's learning the system is a bit spottier than recent trends would suggest. It's a fairly difficult system to learn for WR's, with many variable nuances. Certainly, they've done a better job in recent years of identifying WR's, but there's a hit or miss factor out there.
                        Both true. Every team has X factors. Some more than others. We really don't know what will happen because we can never accurately predict how these x factors will unfold during the season. Im assuming Justice is ready, at least at RT anyways, but I could be wrong.

And the thing with WRs that should scare Eagles fans, as you eluded to, is that its difficult for a WR to make immediate impact. Usually, they have much better sophomore years compared to their rookie season. So I definately get what youre saying.

So yeah, its all a crapshoot right now. Its always fun to have intelligent banter about it though.

Comment

Is the NFC East the only division in the NFL or something?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Is the NFC East the only division in the NFL or something?
                            No...but we are the coolest

Comment

I'm going to put this in even though it is way too early. I will try to be unbiased.
                              1. Eagles: 11-5 or 12-4 (You have no idea how much I want to put 16-0 just to piss TNew off)
                              2. Cowboys: 10-6 or 11-5 All depends on Romo and the defense.
                              3. Giants: 7-9 or 8-8 Once again, depends on Qb and defense. The loss of Tiki will hurt them though.
                              4. Redskins: 6-10 or 7-9 Another situation that depends on the QB and defense. Basically the whole NFC East has to concentrate on those this off-season.

There are a lot of questions in the NFC East going into the upcoming season. The return of Donovan and Kearse next season are vital. From what I here, there have been no major setbacks, and there are even rumors that Kearse could have been back in tim for the playoffs, but I doubt those rumors are true. The D-line of the Eagles needs to do better at the POA, thus improving their whole run defense. Our O-line is set for years adn we have our future starters already pencilled in. Herremans is more of a tackle, and will take over for Runyan when he is gone. Justice will take over for Thomas, and Jean-Gilles will give us one of the biggest inside three O-linemen (along with Andrews and Jackson) in the whole NFL. I see very little hole in our O-line. We have one of the most talented RBs in the NFL in Westbrook, all we need is a power RB to go with him. And one of the top 4 QBs in the NFL when he is healthy. I must say I strongly disagree with toonster that Dawkins declined this year. I could see it happening in the next two years though.

Cowboys have to develop Romo so he can become a more effective QB. Dallas has a good O-line, but I don't see it as top 10. They have two good RBs but there is a question over who should be the starter. Personally, I am a fan of Marion Barber. Pat Watkins could develop into a good FS, if the Cowboys fans would just give him a chance. And Roy Williams is a very good SS. He is one of the best safeties in the whole league against the run, and a player I really like as well, but he is not so good in coverage. Their LB corp seems OK, but maybe some more improvements there. I think they could benefit if they could get some more playing time out of Carpenter. (I think thats what his name is) Ware is the Cowboys one good D-linemen, but otherwise need to improve that area as well. I'm not even going to touch the CBs, I don't want TNew to pop an artery. One thing I would like to say, FS is a very important part of the defense TNew.
                              Redskins: I like what I have seen out of Campbell so far and it worries me a little. They have a very good 1-2 punch at RB and that will help Campbell out immensely. They have a very good TE in Cooley, another player I am a fan of. But their O-line is not all that good, especially with the loss of Dochery, they will need to find ways to improve that as well. They need tons of help at the D-line and I think they will go with it at pick #6, whether it be DT or DE help is needed at both of those spots. The LB corp is so-so, about the same as the Eagles,maybe a little bit better, but the Eagles have young talent that may jump them ahead. They have a good secondary and Smoot will definitely help them out.

The Giants could have either a really good or really bad season this year. It all hinges on Eli. In my opinion, Eli needs to step it up big to fill the void left by Tiki. They have a good thunder and thunder backfeild, but it is hard to see how that will work out. I am a real big fan of Brandon Jacobs, one of the few guys in the league who I would want to be with the Eagles behind Westbrook. They have one of the best TE's in the league in Shockey, who I am a fan of as well, especially after the play against the Eagles where he lost his helmet, but proceeded to drag two of our defenders for a few yards. There O-line is something that will need to be addressed, along with the now gaping holes in LB and secondary. They have a very good set of DEs in Strahan (another player who I am a fan of)and Umeniora (probably spelled that wrong), but they need more help at DT. An underrated need for the Giants now is Kicker, because we know how close and hard fought the NFC East games can be sometimes, and a Kicker who is able to be consistent is very important in the NFL. This is a position the Redskins should be looking at as well.
                              But to end this post, I would like to say how great it is that TNew can predict the future, saying that Donovan will be hurt again next year and how all of the other things he has happening. I have one thing to say about all of that stuff... Anyone smell that? Its a big steamy pile of B.S. and it is coming right from the mind of TNewFan41.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Both true. Every team has X factors. Some more than others. We really don't know what will happen because we can never accurately predict how these x factors will unfold during the season. Im assuming Justice is ready, at least at RT anyways, but I could be wrong.

And the thing with WRs that should scare Eagles fans, as you eluded to, is that its difficult for a WR to make immediate impact. Usually, they have much better sophomore years compared to their rookie season. So I definately get what youre saying.

So yeah, its all a crapshoot right now. Its always fun to have intelligent banter about it though.
                                It seems very likely that we are bringing in Kevin Curtis to be our #2 receiver, but though Justice is an unknown, I have heard nothing but spectacular news on Justice. Not only does the coaching staff think he will be a great LT, but there have been no reports of him being in trouble, which was the main reason he fell to the second round. We have a lot of other X-factors though. Chris Gocong is supposed to be our SAM but there has been very little to report about him, so I don't know how that is going. He is from Cal-poly and is a very intelligent guy, so I expect a "bright" (haha) future form him. Jeremy Bloom needs to get in football shape, because we don't want to have Mahe returning kicks again.
                                Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information