Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Then that means there is no 2-deep shell, which equally is a liability against pass offenses. Either way, when you have to design your scheme around someone who cannot cover, it hurts whether he is in coverage or not.
    It's all about putting pressure on the QB. Look at the Colts-Cowboys game for example. In that game the Cowboys pressure on Manning was very very good and Roy had an amazing game. He suffered a TD by Dallas Clark, but there aren't many safeties in the NFL who can match-up one on one on Dallas Clark...
    Roy is a liability in coverage but is a true playmaker.. If you give the opposite QB a lot of time to throw he can beat him everytime, but if you put pressure on the QB Roy is gonna make plays..


    In Bob We Trust

    John Madden's wedding video business

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

    Comment


    • #77
      I can promise you this, they won't win nearly as many games as most of you are forcasting. I would say, collectively, they'll win about 30-34 games. Most of you are predicting 36 wins or more. That's not gonna happen.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Modano View Post
        It's all about putting pressure on the QB. Look at the Colts-Cowboys game for example. In that game the Cowboys pressure on Manning was very very good and Roy had an amazing game. He suffered a TD by Dallas Clark, but there aren't many safeties in the NFL who can match-up one on one on Dallas Clark...
        Roy is a liability in coverage but is a true playmaker.. If you give the opposite QB a lot of time to throw he can beat him everytime, but if you put pressure on the QB Roy is gonna make plays..
        OK so there are 8 guys in the box, including Roy Williams. The opposing team puts out 4 receivers, (3 WRs and a TE or 2 WRs, TE, and a RB, etc...) I quick pass leaves one offensive guy open to catch the ball from the QB while the other receivers block. If those receivers do there job right, that play goes for six points. What about a screen play. If ROy Williams is in the box, the Eagles, who are a great screen team will audible a screen to Westbrook, your guys go tearing through the line... Westy catches the ball, picks up his blockers. There are only three guys ahead of him and he would have at least 5 blockers, that play would end up in a big gain any time. I'm just using the Eagles as an example, any team could do this. The point is, if you put Roy in the box, that leaves your CBs and a FS to make the play, on a majority of plays, there would be more blockers than defenders who can make a play. It would not benefit the Dallas D to have 8 in the box, leaving big play opportunities available.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

        Rest in Peace, themaninblack

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          I can promise you this, they won't win nearly as many games as most of you are forcasting. I would say, collectively, they'll win about 30-34 games. Most of you are predicting 36 wins or more. That's not gonna happen.
          If you go by my scale, I have 34-38 wins in the division. There are a total of 64 games played for each division. Being slightly over .500 is very possible, especially considering the Division had three teams in the playoffs this past year. I think barely above .500 is reasonable. (I am not saying three teams in the playoffs will happen this year though.)
          Last edited by eaglesalltheway; 03-11-2007, 03:48 PM.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

          Rest in Peace, themaninblack

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Modano View Post
            It's all about putting pressure on the QB. Look at the Colts-Cowboys game for example. In that game the Cowboys pressure on Manning was very very good and Roy had an amazing game. He suffered a TD by Dallas Clark, but there aren't many safeties in the NFL who can match-up one on one on Dallas Clark...
            Roy is a liability in coverage but is a true playmaker.. If you give the opposite QB a lot of time to throw he can beat him everytime, but if you put pressure on the QB Roy is gonna make plays..
            It isn't just about pressuring the Quarterback. San Diego, under Phillips, have struggled every year at stopping passing offenses. That has been the team's glaring weakness for a while now. Last year was their best season, in regards to pass defense, and they were still only average. Blitzing is high risk, high reward, as any reader of TMQ can attest to. You give up as many big plays as you make, for the most part. In this case, Roy Williams may make some plays, but he will certainly give up big plays when he's matched up with a TE in 1-on-1 coverage.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
              If you go by my scale, I have 34-38 wins in the division. There are a total of 64 games played for each division. Being slightly over .500 is very possible, especially considering the Division had three teams in the playoffs this past year. I think barely above .500 is reasonable. (I am not saying three teams in the playoffs will happen this year though.)
              38 wins is not barely above .500

              That would mean.

              1st place team= 11 wins
              2nd place team= 10 wins
              3rd place team= 10 wins
              4th place team= 7 wins

              That is not going to happen. It's not. I thought that last year would have hit the point home that the East isn't as good as everyone was yaking it up to be during the season. Yes three teams made the playoffs. None of them were very good though.

              34 wins is possible. Maybe 35. Anything beyond that is far too unrealistic.


              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

              Comment


              • #82
                Eagles 11-5

                Cowboys 9-7

                Giants 8-8

                Redskins 3-13

                Comment


                • #83
                  Putting pressure on the QB is pretty much makes your CBs. If you don't have good pressure you CBs will always look horrible.

                  I think Dallas has the potential to be 14-2, and e eagles have the potential to go 12-4, but it probably won't happen, because it is just potential.

                  This is my list:

                  Cowboys 12-4
                  Eagles 10-6
                  Skins 9-7
                  Giants 6-10

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    It isn't just about pressuring the Quarterback. San Diego, under Phillips, have struggled every year at stopping passing offenses. That has been the team's glaring weakness for a while now. Last year was their best season, in regards to pass defense, and they were still only average. Blitzing is high risk, high reward, as any reader of TMQ can attest to. You give up as many big plays as you make, for the most part. In this case, Roy Williams may make some plays, but he will certainly give up big plays when he's matched up with a TE in 1-on-1 coverage.
                    Yes of course, but I think that even if Roy is gonna give up some big plays for the rest of his career we need a player like him. It's of course high risk, high reward, but he makes those type of plays that can change a game.
                    Again, against the Colts, they were in position to score on the 5. On second down Williams came across the line of scrimmage and tackled Addai for a 2 yards loss. On third down, he bumped Dallas Clark and came with a key interception...
                    We will still have problems stopping the pass (but a good FS could help big time, infact when Woody was still playing Roy wasn't such a liability in coverage) but I really like his playmaking abilities. He has "it".


                    In Bob We Trust

                    John Madden's wedding video business

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      1. Eagles (10-6)
                      2. Cowboys (9-7)
                      3. Giants (7-9)
                      4. Redskins (6-10)

                      BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Giants: 10-6
                        Eagles: 10-6
                        Cowboys: 9-7
                        Redskins:7-9

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Eagles- 10-6
                          Cowboys- 9-7
                          Redskins- 8-8
                          Giants- 6-10

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            The Giants are not winning the divison. Come on now.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Cowboys - 11-5
                              Eagles - 10-6
                              Redskins - 7-9
                              Giants - 6-10

                              Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Eagles 11-5
                                Cowboys 10-6
                                Giants 8-8
                                Redskins 7-9


                                Sig by Ctmagic24

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information