Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth to all Giants fans. Your super star RB retired and you all will be crying at the end of the year because poor Sh-Eli will finally be a bust. The Eagles Cowboys and Skins will fight for the crown and a wild card spot and the Giants will be 6-10 at best.

Comment

^ I agree to a point. The lack of Tiki will really hurt the franchise. Eli will have a lot more pressure on him to perform, and I don't think he will be able to carry the team.

Comment

Offense is overrated. The real issue the Giants have is they have to somehow rebuild the entire LB'ers and Defensive Backfield, via the draft, while staying competitive. Because if they aren't, Coughlin will be gone, and the team will have to turn to a new coaching staff and likely another set of schematic changes. Yes, Tiki and Eli are going to command attention. That defense is what is disconcerting in my eye.

Comment

1.Eagles 11-5
          2.Cowboys 9-7
          3.Giants 7-9
          4.Redskins 5-11

Comment

Coughlin is gone from the Giants after this season, that's a given. The real question is who the Giants will hire afterwards.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Coughlin is gone from the Giants after this season, that's a given. The real question is who the Giants will hire afterwards.
              People just assume Coughlin will be gone. He is a very good coach. We have dumb players. The loss of Tiki will hurt. I'm hoping not as much as most think. We will find out how great Tiki was this year. Find out if he was really that good or if Coughlin just made him that good. I don't think Tiki ever broke 1,300 yards before Coughlin got here. To me the Giants season comes down to #1 staying healthy, #2 defensing the pass, and #3 protecting the QB. Right now I'll say 9-7 and I'll admit that is being optimistic.

Comment

Just to note - I'm not saying that Brian Dawkins had a precipitous decline last year. All I'm saying is that I think he declined a bit compared to previous years and I think he lost a tiny step last year. Still one of the better safeties in the league, though (and hence why I still give the Eagles the edge as the best secondary unit in the NFC East).

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  It isn't just about pressuring the Quarterback. San Diego, under Phillips, have struggled every year at stopping passing offenses. That has been the team's glaring weakness for a while now. Last year was their best season, in regards to pass defense, and they were still only average. Blitzing is high risk, high reward, as any reader of TMQ can attest to. You give up as many big plays as you make, for the most part. In this case, Roy Williams may make some plays, but he will certainly give up big plays when he's matched up with a TE in 1-on-1 coverage.
                  I have discussed this numerous times with Cowboy fans before. First and foremost, the scheme against Indy was a passive one, with alot of LB zones and man coverages on the edges.

They rushed 4 or 5 guys which is barely being aggressive. The difference of that game was the 5 man rush got there at a decent time compared to other games. In BP's scheme, the 2 gap front must hold their assignments. That was probably the only Cowboy game I saw where the DEs did the proper reads in their gap assignment.

Also, the two games I saw where the Cowboys implemented an aggressive scheme last year, was @ Philly and @ Detroit. Those 2 games they gave up more yards and points than any other game (I think discluding the Saints game). Roy Williams and Pat Watkins were extremely vulnerable when isolated.

This is what Cowboy fans don't understand. First and foremost, even when Dallas rushed alot of guys last year, the blitz simply didn't get there, and even when it did, their DBs got carved up for large gains. If you put Roy in the box, you have Pat Watkins as the lone safety back there. Cha Ching for the offense.

Now I feel that Watkins can develop into a good safety with practice, but I don't know if that will happen with Phillips at HC. Phillips is notorious for holding back the development of DB players. Im guessing Watkins would be no different.

And Cowboys fans underrate the abilities of SD's safeties. SD's safeties are infinitely better in coverage than Dallas's.

Comment

Eagles 10-6
                    Cowboys 9-7
                    Giants 8-8
                    Redskins 5-11

Some said going into last last year this was the strongest division,,I didn't believe it then and this this year it maybe one of the weakest besides the NFC North.

With Dallas I think Wade Phillips will improve the defense improve but I don't feel Tony Romo is the savior that many people feel that he is.

The eagles have lost Stallworth and having an aging Defense. Plus Mcnabb may make it three years in a row with another injury that side lines him for some time.

The loss of Tiki Barber will be huge for the Giants and they haven't made an significant upgrades to a defense that wasn't wasn't all that great last year.

As long as the Redskins continue to poorly manage their franchise by signing high priced free agents and trading away draft picks I think they will be doomed to failure
                    Last edited by DeathbyStat; 03-12-2007, 10:57 AM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

• Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                      Earth to all Giants fans. Your super star RB retired and you all will be crying at the end of the year because poor Sh-Eli will finally be a bust. The Eagles Cowboys and Skins will fight for the crown and a wild card spot and the Giants will be 6-10 at best.
                      earth to all redskins fans you overpay for crap players every year and yuo go nowhere.

Comment

• Coughlin is a horrible head coach. He has no composure whatsoever which trickles down to his players, his decision-making and game management are poor at best, he can't handle his players deftly, he can't control his locker room, he can't improve the team any further (can't even get them to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties), etcetera.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Coughlin is a horrible head coach. He has no composure whatsoever which trickles down to his players, his decision-making and game management are poor at best, he can't handle his players deftly, he can't control his locker room, he can't improve the team any further (can't even get them to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties), etcetera.
                          its alright we will sign bill cowher to coach us next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            Coughlin is a horrible head coach. He has no composure whatsoever which trickles down to his players, his decision-making and game management are poor at best, he can't handle his players deftly, he can't control his locker room, he can't improve the team any further (can't even get them to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties), etcetera.
                            Yet he has been to two AFC championships and have taken the Giants to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years here. Also the comment on penatlies, this is a pet peeve with me. People always throw out the old saying penalties are a direct reflection on your coach. That is just not true. For example, Luke Petitgout (the human false start as I call him), him jumping early all the time is by no means a reflection of coaching or Coughlin. More of a reflection of his health. Luke has a bad back and is awfully slow off the snap because of that (he is exactly fast without the back problem either), he always tried to get that extra jump to compensate for it. Which led to a lot of false starts. He was never a true fit at LT to match up against the most athletic pass rushers in the game.

Our three biggest offenders of so called "dumb" penalites, were Plax, Bob Whitfield, and Frank Walker. Two of who are no longer with the team because of it and the other is basically too talented to let go or we probably would. Bill Cowher who everyone loves do damn much wasn't really all the great at controlling Plax either.
                            Last edited by Jughead10; 03-12-2007, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
                              its alright we will sign bill cowher to coach us next year.
                              You will have A LOT of competition, he may be more covetted next off-season than some of the players.
                              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                You will have A LOT of competition, he may be more covetted next off-season than some of the players.
                                Bill Cowher has now become an overrated coach. I like the guy alot, but he was a horrible officiated game away from being nothing more than a younger/slightly more successful Marty Schottenheimer. People all forget this. He has a history of poor in game decision making and not so great playoff record. And if the officials didn't hand him the SB, he would be in the same boat as Marty.

Now he's considered the holy grail of coaches. He's a great coach, don't get me wrong, but he's officially become overrated, because people are praising him a little too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information