Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the NFC East and their likely records next season.

I know the draft is still ahead, as well as free agency, but still do it just for fun.

Also I think a good idea for a forum would be to have a divisional forum, like what we have for team forums.

Anyways heres what I think and why

Giants (11-5)- I think the G-Men, when healthy, are a great football team. Last year we had the most difficult schedule in the league. This year is a cakewalk in comparasion. Plus i predict a breakout season for Eli

Eagles (10-6)- Not too much has changed for the Eagles. This is assuming that Mcnabb doesnt suffer a hangover from that injury, or suffer another one... In a way this is a make or break season for Mcnabb. If he struggles or doesnt finish the season out, theres gonna be a lot of talk about him. But I think the Eagles are gonna be about the same as they were last year. They got a solid team and should make the Playoffs as a wildcard.

Cowboys (9-7)- I really dont know what they lack on offense. They have 2 great recievers, a good running attack, a good TE, and a top 10 offensive line. However, I think that Romo is more of a flash in the pan, rather then a great QB. Not that I think he will suck, but I think that he will be a pretty average QB next year. Plus theres some question marks on D.

Redskins (5-11)- they made some offseason moves, but they always do. I think that they are gonna regress this season. There complete lack of a draft (minus #6 overall) is gonna come back to hurt them imo. Plus they have an inexpeirenced QB

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    He'd bring your holy grail - the 3-4 - back..
    The key to my heart lies in the 3-4.....

Ive been saying forever that we should convert to a 3-4 defense. We have 2 very good MIKEs in Pierce and Blackburn, we have 2 rushbackers in Kiwi and Osi, and we have Strahan and Coffield to man the DE spots. All we need is a NT.

Thats where Pittsburgh comes in. We trade our 1st and 3rd to Pitt for Casey Hampton. Then our front 7 would go from what seems to have many holes from an outside perspective, to a very solid front in a matter of one move.

Leave a comment:

• jblaze66
    replied
    Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
    can someone close this
    Yea because noone cares right?? Thats why this thread is 5 pages long right??

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by Geo View Post
    That's where Romeo Crennel comes in, actually. Chances are he'll get the axe when Cleveland doesn't improve enough this season, despite being a very good coach who suffered for not having had a quarterback to win with - rookie Jamarcus Russell won't be enough for him this season, I'm afraid.

The Giants will pick Crennel up immediately, and the 3-4 defense returns to Big Blue, as it should.

(Yes, I ponder such things in my free time.)
    I doubt Romeo Crennel ever gets another head coach job. He is up there in age already. I believe he is already older than Coughlin.

Leave a comment:

• jsagan77
    replied
    Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
    earth to all redskins fans you overpay for crap players every year and yuo go nowhere.

Funny that you care. Obviously if we do stuff that is so dumb then there should be no reason to critique. You should be happy with us doing what we do but the reality is that you guys are going to be worse off than us this year.

Leave a comment:

• 703SKINS202
    replied
    can someone close this

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied
    That's where Romeo Crennel comes in, actually. Chances are he'll get the axe when Cleveland doesn't improve enough this season, despite being a very good coach who suffered for not having had a quarterback to win with - rookie Jamarcus Russell won't be enough for him this season, I'm afraid.

The Giants will pick Crennel up immediately, and the 3-4 defense returns to Big Blue, as it should.

(Yes, I ponder such things in my free time.)

Leave a comment:

• Shiver
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Bill Cowher has now become an overrated coach. I like the guy alot, but he was a horrible officiated game away from being nothing more than a younger/slightly more successful Marty Schottenheimer. People all forget this. He has a history of poor in game decision making and not so great playoff record. And if the officials didn't hand him the SB, he would be in the same boat as Marty.

Now he's considered the holy grail of coaches. He's a great coach, don't get me wrong, but he's officially become overrated, because people are praising him a little too much.
    He'd bring your holy grail - the 3-4 - back..
    Last edited by Shiver; 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    You will have A LOT of competition, he may be more covetted next off-season than some of the players.
    Bill Cowher has now become an overrated coach. I like the guy alot, but he was a horrible officiated game away from being nothing more than a younger/slightly more successful Marty Schottenheimer. People all forget this. He has a history of poor in game decision making and not so great playoff record. And if the officials didn't hand him the SB, he would be in the same boat as Marty.

Now he's considered the holy grail of coaches. He's a great coach, don't get me wrong, but he's officially become overrated, because people are praising him a little too much.

Leave a comment:

• eaglesalltheway
    replied
    Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
    its alright we will sign bill cowher to coach us next year.
    You will have A LOT of competition, he may be more covetted next off-season than some of the players.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    Coughlin is a horrible head coach. He has no composure whatsoever which trickles down to his players, his decision-making and game management are poor at best, he can't handle his players deftly, he can't control his locker room, he can't improve the team any further (can't even get them to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties), etcetera.
    Yet he has been to two AFC championships and have taken the Giants to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years here. Also the comment on penatlies, this is a pet peeve with me. People always throw out the old saying penalties are a direct reflection on your coach. That is just not true. For example, Luke Petitgout (the human false start as I call him), him jumping early all the time is by no means a reflection of coaching or Coughlin. More of a reflection of his health. Luke has a bad back and is awfully slow off the snap because of that (he is exactly fast without the back problem either), he always tried to get that extra jump to compensate for it. Which led to a lot of false starts. He was never a true fit at LT to match up against the most athletic pass rushers in the game.

Our three biggest offenders of so called "dumb" penalites, were Plax, Bob Whitfield, and Frank Walker. Two of who are no longer with the team because of it and the other is basically too talented to let go or we probably would. Bill Cowher who everyone loves do damn much wasn't really all the great at controlling Plax either.
    Last edited by Jughead10; 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hugepunch
    replied
    Coughlin is a horrible head coach. He has no composure whatsoever which trickles down to his players, his decision-making and game management are poor at best, he can't handle his players deftly, he can't control his locker room, he can't improve the team any further (can't even get them to stop shooting themselves in the foot with penalties), etcetera.
    its alright we will sign bill cowher to coach us next year.

Leave a comment:

• Geo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hugepunch
    replied
    Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
    Earth to all Giants fans. Your super star RB retired and you all will be crying at the end of the year because poor Sh-Eli will finally be a bust. The Eagles Cowboys and Skins will fight for the crown and a wild card spot and the Giants will be 6-10 at best.
    earth to all redskins fans you overpay for crap players every year and yuo go nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    Eagles 10-6
    Cowboys 9-7
    Giants 8-8
    Redskins 5-11

Some said going into last last year this was the strongest division,,I didn't believe it then and this this year it maybe one of the weakest besides the NFC North.

With Dallas I think Wade Phillips will improve the defense improve but I don't feel Tony Romo is the savior that many people feel that he is.

The eagles have lost Stallworth and having an aging Defense. Plus Mcnabb may make it three years in a row with another injury that side lines him for some time.

The loss of Tiki Barber will be huge for the Giants and they haven't made an significant upgrades to a defense that wasn't wasn't all that great last year.

As long as the Redskins continue to poorly manage their franchise by signing high priced free agents and trading away draft picks I think they will be doomed to failure
    Last edited by DeathbyStat; 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information