Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which running back has more left in the tank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think LT has more left..
    Westbrook was dynamic when he was younger, and healthy.
    I think he should retire..
    LT will use being cut as motivation and I think he'll do work on a playoff team.
    and his #1 landing spot, IMO, New England.
    GO RAVENS

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
      LT will use being cut as motivation and I think he'll do work on a playoff team.
      Eh...maybe in a Marcus Allen type of role. Short yardage and goalline only.

Westbrook is still dynamic - he averaged 4.5 yards a pop this year still.

Comment

I said LT. Westbrook's health concerns, especially the concussions, to me mean he doesn't have much left in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          Jamal Lewis.

LOL

in all honesty I would love it if the Browns got Westbrook/Mcnabb.
          Why do you hate the Browns?

And I think Westbrook has more left by virtue of the style of runner/receiver he is

Comment

I went with Westbrook. I could definitely see him having another productive 3-4 seasons as a 3rd down type of back.

Assuming Minny loses Chester Taylor, it would scare me as a Bears fan if they brought in Westbrook as the 3rd down back replacement....pair him with AP and you've got a scary looking backfield.

Comment

I'd take LT now then Westbrook.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                I went with Westbrook. I could definitely see him having another productive 3-4 seasons
                There is no way Westbrook lasts in the NFL 3-4 more years.
                GO RAVENS

Comment

Westbrook. He missed time b/c he was injured.

Tomlinson was benched b/c he was ineffective.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

The correct answer is actually Thomas Jones. :D

But I'd go Westbrook, LT looks like Emmitt in his latter years. Which means, he can still surprise you hear and there, but mostly it's just sad to watch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

LT rarely had any decent run blocks, I'd go with LT without the health issues.

Comment

Tomlinsons' burst does seem slower, but I really think he was hurt by how much that offensive line has declined the last few years. If he goes into the right situation he can still put up pro bowl numbers imo.
                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Tomlinson or Westbrook would be a force if coupled with a younger runner, put either of them with Forte in Chicago, or with New England where they use a committee and while they'll never have 1500 yard seasons again they'll be useful and contributors, the worst thing for them would be going to a team and promptly riding the bench all game. They're not going to be feature backs again but their abilities to receive and pass protect alone should land them somewhere alongside a youthful guy.

Comment

I think Westbrook does. He's showed that he still has the burst and toughness, and doesn't have as many miles as Tomlinson. He just can't stay healthy. I think using Tomlinson like NE did Fred Taylor would be beneficial to him.
                            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by GoRavens View Post
                              It's not like he's of use once the team reaches the playoffs. Unless moping on the bench constitutes being useful.

I'd take Westbrook in a heartbeat despite the injury issues because LDT is just ******* terrible at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Westbrook. He was able to put up around 4.5 ypc on a passing team whereas Tomlinson was in Lendale White territory. LT also has 3140 touches in his career, versus 1734 for Westbrook. I can see either one as a Kevin Faulk type player, and Westbrook will probably be more open to that than LT.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information