No announcement yet.

Fastest WR tandem in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 times don't really mean much. Jerry rice ran a 4.7, and he outran everyone. T.O. ran a 4.55, yet once he gets behind you, your not catching him. He smoked champ bailey, who ran a 4.42.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
      40 times don't really mean much. Jerry rice ran a 4.7, and he outran everyone. T.O. ran a 4.55, yet once he gets behind you, your not catching him. He smoked champ bailey, who ran a 4.42.
      yeah but Champ was hurting and Champ is faster than a 4.42

Comment

Just because a team has two fast receivers doesn't mean much of anything. Sure it does pose problems in some area, but just because you are fast doesn't mean you will have the best WR tandem in the NFL. There are a lot of other factors that go into the WR position in the NFL. I know no one said best, but I figured I would put it out ther before anyone started saying something about it.
        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
          If forty times don't mean much, why have you started two posts that are based on forty times?
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

who has the fastest, punter kicker tandem?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
            12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
              My guess is Buffalo just because of Moorman.

BTW Stallworth is very fast, but Chad Jackson isn't even a starter so I would not even consider them a "tandem".

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                Brian Moorman was a track star in college. Dont know about Lindell tho?
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Define fast. Some guys lack burst but have great top speed. Others have a great burst but lack top speed. Others have a nice balance between the 2.

Its difficult to say. Scheme also plays a role in how WRs are utilized, and the scheme used can either mask or exacerbate strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Usually catching the ball helps receivers though. They can be as fast as they want, but if they have the dropsies they aren't going to last long with Belichick.

Designs by Thule

Comment

it's probably the bills...Lee Evans is ******* fast

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                        My guess is Buffalo just because of Moorman.

BTW Stallworth is very fast, but Chad Jackson isn't even a starter so I would not even consider them a "tandem".
                        Jackson doesnt start "yet". He was a rookie last year and was injured alot. I think he will be starting soon, Jackson and Stallworth on the outside thats some speed to defend.

Comment

hmmm

Yah I'm with the Bills as well. I don't think I'd want to have to run down either Parrish [slick moves and very fast] or Evans [pure speed and can catch] in the open field. When it comes to pure speed/quickness I think the Bills take the cake.

PS - Wasn't there a game this year where Evans had two almost identical 50+ yd TD catches. You know you are fast when the defense is already on guard for it and than you burn them again.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Not a WR tandem, but ashley lelie and vernon davis are pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                              Yah I'm with the Bills as well. I don't think I'd want to have to run down either Parrish [slick moves and very fast] or Evans [pure speed and can catch] in the open field. When it comes to pure speed/quickness I think the Bills take the cake.

PS - Wasn't there a game this year where Evans had two almost identical 50+ yd TD catches. You know you are fast when the defense is already on guard for it and than you burn them again.
                              He had two 83-yd TD catches against Houston
                              He also became the first player in really long time to have three 75+ yard TDs in a season

Comment

If we all really want to know football speed, then how about getting a stopwatch and timing players from Point A to Point B. The 40 times at the combine mean absolutely nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information