Bush stays in N.O.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
    Ya'll have to admit, even the Bush fans, 8 million is ****load of money.
    I don't think anyone will doubt you on that at all. But to just release him would be far worse for us.

Comment

People on this board were proclaiming him as a Hall of Famer before he even stepped foot on an NFL field. Said he had 1000/1000 potential and would be the next Marshall Faulk/Gale Sayers.

I said he'd be LUCKY if he ever matched Westbrook type production.

He's a bust, and I don't know how you can argue against it. Every back that was selected after him has FAR outperformed him. He's lucky he made it into an offense that has been able to find stick him somewhere as a sidenote and that he has never been the feature of an offense because that would have been absolutely disgusting.

Skinny legs=no no as a good runningback in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
        We had Deuce, so we knew he wasn't going to run the rock that much. We drafted him to create alot of mismatches and helpe get other people open
        ********. You don't select a gadget player/decoy with the 2nd pick of the draft. When he was drafted, it was expected that he'd become the featured player in the offense.

Comment

Mojo is the only HB better than him in that class. I can't find a player in that draft that the Saints should have picked at 2. Mojo wasn't as good as he is til the past 2 years.

32 TDs in less than 4 seasons isn't exactly bad.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Just cause it takes a guy a while to develop doesn't mean he sucks. Let me give you an example. Cedric Griffen will enter his 4th year next year. All of us Vikings fans labeled him as a bust after two years. This year things started to get better, and he often times shut down WR's. He is the future of the Vikings secondary.

Another thing, players potential goes only so high. When Bush was drafted, I didn't see him having a very high potential, and he has lived up to my prediction. I think the Reggie you see now is the Reggie you're going to see for a while.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Bush helped New Orleans win a Super Bowl. He's sold thousands and thousands of jerseys and is one of the most marketable players in the NFL.

New Orleans would make the same pick 10/10 times simply based on finances alone. On the field he averaged 5.6 ypc this past year. The RB rotation in NO hurts his statistics, but every team in the NFL is looking for a weapon like Bush.
              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                People on this board were proclaiming him as a Hall of Famer before he even stepped foot on an NFL field. Said he had 1000/1000 potential and would be the next Marshall Faulk/Gale Sayers.

I said he'd be LUCKY if he ever matched Westbrook type production.

He's a bust, and I don't know how you can argue against it. Every back that was selected after him has FAR outperformed him. He's lucky he made it into an offense that has been able to find stick him somewhere as a sidenote and that he has never been the feature of an offense because that would have been absolutely disgusting.

Skinny legs=no no as a good runningback in this league.
                on the bust thing
                - being productive, one of the two players in the nfl with over 70 receptions in his first two years. Scoring tons of TD's. He is a very productive player, not in the most conventional way but calling him a bust is crazy. Since when does it matter how you get your yardage as long as you get it.

- being a bust would mean that a player is not one of the prime weapons for an offense over all the first four years of your career. Not being a focal point of the attack. that is exactly not a bust.

on the productive thing
                - only guy outproducing in out of that draft is mojo, who is playing a whole different role.

People fail to realise is that bush has been really productive just cuz most of his yardage doesnt come in the most conventional way.

stop being stupid and think about what you are postin

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Reggie isn't a bust, but he has done nothing to warrant the 2nd overall selection. He is a nice player and all, but you don't take a situational player 2nd overall. He isn't an awful player, but he has definitely disappointed and not lived anywhere near up to his hype.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

sad sad day. He was suppose to go to San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      ********. You don't select a gadget player/decoy with the 2nd pick of the draft. When he was drafted, it was expected that he'd become the featured player in the offense.
                      I'm not a huge Reggie Bush fan and wasn't at the time of the draft. I wanted AJ Hawk, who I felt would have been a more solid choice due to how horrific our defense had been up to that point. Looking back, I still would have gone with Hawk. Our offense does not lose any of its potency when Bush is injured or off the field.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                        Not that surprising, jury is still out on Bush though. He actually showed he can lower his shoulder and run physically in the playoffs this year but as high as he was drafted if he doesn't break out next year- BUST CITY
                        Bush will never be considered a bust, but will never live up to the hype he had leaving college.

Comment

I would not consider Reggie a bust up to this point. Has he lived up to his potential? No. Has he produced? In four years he is averaging (almost) 1,000 yards and 7 TDs a season. While that is not what one would hope for out of a #2 overall pick, it definitely is not something to write off.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            Bush will never be considered a bust, but will never live up to the hype he had leaving college.
                            Thread.....

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                              I would not consider Reggie a bust up to this point. Has he lived up to his potential? No. Has he produced? In four years he is averaging (almost) 1,000 yards and 7 TDs a season. While that is not what one would hope for out of a #2 overall pick, it definitely is not something to write off.
                              I'm sorry, but in what universe is 1000 total yards from scrimmage and 7 touchdowns productive? Especially from the second overall pick?

No other runningback besides Mojo has been as productive, huh?

Deangelo Williams has. Joseph Addai has (hell, he actually rushed for 1000 and helped the Colts win the SB his rookie year).

His production is similar to that of Leon Williams, another utility back who was selected (appropriately) in round 4.

He gets a lot of receptions. Great. As Diab noted, the NO offense doesnt lose a beat whether he's playing or not.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                Once again I give him next year. Showed signs of being an all around player but consistently? not so much.
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information