Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush stays in N.O.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    No flyboy, haven't you heard? He is used PERFECTLY and still sucks ass!!
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      It's not, it's just the biggest reason why he's been disappointing.

      He averaged 3.5 yards per carry as a rookie. It was below 3 yards per carry in the injured games, and over 4.8 in the healthy games.

      Please explain to me how I'm "skewing" numbers, do you even know what the word means?

      As for the fumbles, he's only had a real issue with it in one season, and it doesn't get to us as much because a fair share of his fumbles are on stupid things like botched double reverses, and muffed punts.

      Honestly though, we don't really care if other fans don't like Reggie Bush, it's clear you can see who actually watches games and who looks at box scores. I want the best players possible on the Saints, I'm not going to defend a bad player, no matter the circumstances.

      I'd still like to know what these "creative" runs are that allow Bush to see the field. Is it the reverses and elaborate trick plays that drag the YPC down when it's botched and we lose like 8 yards?

      Maybe you mean how he takes the most natural receiver at RB and sends him further than 10 yards like 4 times in his entire career?

      I dunno, I just always felt the running scheme was really off for his skill set, and the play calling(the stuff you guys think is the runs he needs) really hurt him as a back, and this year, they just ran him like a normal runner, and he had the highest YPC on the team.

      And Pierre Thomas is a STUD.
      I never said you were skewing numbers, dude.

      But riddle me this? What does Reggie Bush give your team that Leon Washington (selected 4th round) wouldn't have?

      Also, knowing what type of player he is now, would you guys draft him second overall again? Granted, looking back at that class, the only worthwile alternatives would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Haloti Ngata (the 06 class, billed one of the best in recent years, is turning out to be kinda poopy huh?).

      Yes, the team has found a niche for him, finally. He's a nice player. He does some things really well. He's just not 2nd overall pick/$8 million material. He never was, and he'll likely never live up to those expectations.
      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 03-01-2010, 07:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

        His production is similar to that of Leon Williams, another utility back who was selected (appropriately) in round 4.
        Do you mean Leon Washington? Leon Williams I think is a LB on the Browns.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Kramer View Post
          Do you mean Leon Washington? Leon Williams I think is a LB on the Browns.
          Leon can't do everything.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Kramer View Post
            Do you mean Leon Washington? Leon Williams I think is a LB on the Browns.
            Yes, yes, Leon Washington.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              I never said you were skewing numbers, dude.

              But riddle me this? What does Reggie Bush give your team that Leon Washington (selected 4th round) wouldn't have?

              Also, knowing what type of player he is now, would you guys draft him second overall again? Granted, looking back at that class, the only worthwile alternatives would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Haloti Ngata (the 06 class, billed one of the best in recent years, is turning out to be kinda poopy huh?).

              Yes, the team has found a niche for him, finally. He's a nice player. He does some things really well. He's just not 2nd overall pick/$8 million material. He never was, and he'll likely never live up to those expectations.


              I responded to your post first, the skewing thing was for the guy above you, my bad.

              Leon Washington wouldn't rush for as many yards behind the Saints line as he does behind the Jets line, especially Reggie's first 3 years. The Saints line was nice blocking for the run this year, but still is a far cry from the Jets.

              Leon Washington isn't an elite pass protector.

              Leon Washington doesn't offer the talent catching the ball downfield(even if it is never used, Reggie is still a threat to line up in the slot and go deep). He's not really that close here.

              Leon Washington isn't nearly as good of a return man.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              Debug Information