Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
    I like this move. They can still get Suh if this happens. And as of now, the 2011 QB class is looking pretty strong. Maybe they just don't like the QB's this year.
    yea, so why would the rebuilding rams give up a pick for an old QB that won't help them win anything? with or without mcnabb they're not winning. draft a position of need with the pick they'd give up. hell, mcnabb could be the difference of getting top 3 pick or top 8, which would suck for them depending on the QB situation next year.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
      McNabb will not be in an Eagles uniform after 2010. Might as well get value for him now and go through the growing pains of Kolb sooner.
      I still think we should let him play out his contract. I mean, we are still one of the best in the NFC, and if we trade McNabb our team and let Kolb start for next year, I think we are taking a back seat because of his inexperience. Lets try to upgrade the defense and get more depth on the O-Line, and let McNabb try to win a ring with the Eagles one last time.

      Comment


      • #33
        I don't see the Rams giving up their first round pick for this. In order for this trade to work, it has to make sense for the Rams as well. McNabb has been a great player in this league, but he is getting up there in years and he has always been prone to injury. On top of this, the Rams made a point last year to get rid of 75% of the older players on the team, effectively going from one of the oldest teams in the league to one of the youngest in one year.

        The Rams are in rebuilding mode and this premium pick is too important to the long term success of the team. If they do trade the first pick for McNabb, I would expect them to ask for another pick in return along with McNabb. Or maybe a 2011 first round pick instead of 2010.

        Comment


        • #34
          if it's a first rounder swap and McNabb to STL... well than the Rams deserve to fail at life.

          Sig by Fenikz

          I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Kramer View Post

            You think McNabb would rather play for the St. Louis Rams who had the worst record in the league, then a team he has been playing for his whole career who are one of the teams we most frequently see in the playoffs?
            Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet! haha sorry. I think McNabb would be highly upset.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet! haha sorry. I think McNabb would be highly upset.
              Wow, what a fail on my part, Iím sorry. Yeah I agree, this would be like the old Eagles for him all over again when Thrash was his top target, except the Rams will be bad on both sides of the ball unlike the old top notch defensive Eagles teams.

              Comment


              • #37
                i agree competely with scottyboy. mcnabb will be 34 years old this year in november. he probably has around 12-14 million left on his contract. if the rams give up more than a 3rd round pick then this is a horrible deal. the rams are the only defense in the league that the lions can potentially have a better day defensively. build the trenches, establish a young qb, and add the playmakers outside. this is just a duct tape move.

                trade down or draft bradford. trade up and take best available OT in second or hope one of the top half dozen fall.
                SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                Fire Caldwell!!!

                Prowler's Newb Guide

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

                  You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

                  I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
                  I agree that he is way undervalued in Philly.

                  But TBH, I think he's overrated by everybody else. You know exactly what you get with Donovan: ~3500 yards, a division chapionship, and a loss in the NFC Championship game.

                  Reid has proven that he can win with the likes of AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia for extended periods of time. Why not move McNabb now (while you can) and get something for him and just go through the growing pains with Kolb already.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    McNabb would set the St. Louis Rams franchise back another 5 years. This would be an awful move.

                    big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                    - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                    www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      If McNabb is traded to the Rams, where does Vick go?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        have to admit just by the title I was expecting the name of Mike Vick

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

                          You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

                          I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
                          It would be an end of an era.... Douglas, Trotter, Dawkins, Westbrook, and then McNabb gone! That would be amazing! He is a good QB, and has plagued us for some time. I would love to see him out of the division! Let another QB see if he can be as good as McNabb was.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            1st overall for McNabb? Or 33rd overall?
                            **** her in da *****!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                              Wow, what a fail on my part, Iím sorry. Yeah I agree, this would be like the old Eagles for him all over again when Thrash was his top target, except the Rams will be bad on both sides of the ball unlike the old top notch defensive Eagles teams.
                              I give credit where credit is due. You gotta give Philly credit, they know how to run an organization. Thats why they're always competitive, every year for the last 10 years.

                              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              I agree that he is way undervalued in Philly.

                              But TBH, I think he's overrated by everybody else. You know exactly what you get with Donovan: ~3500 yards, a division chapionship, and a loss in the NFC Championship game.

                              Reid has proven that he can win with the likes of AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia for extended periods of time. Why not move McNabb now (while you can) and get something for him and just go through the growing pains with Kolb already.
                              I agree, it makes sense for Philly to make the move, they know they're moving on with Kolb so might as well get what you can for McNabb now.

                              And they can win with Kolb, I don't doubt that either. Kolb will get the keys to a car that's ten times better than any car McNabb received during his prime.

                              All I'm saying is, as a Giants fan, I would like to see McNabb go, bc while they can win with Kolb, Kolb doesn't scare me as much as McNabb does.

                              And I don't think he ever will. If Philly wins after letting go of McNabb, I think it will have more to do with their weapons on offense, and their stoute defense than replacing McNabb with Kolb.

                              I view this as downgrading your qb position, but at the same time, they will upgrade their team in other areas through the draft.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                I give credit where credit is due. You gotta give Philly credit, they know how to run an organization. Thats why they're always competitive, every year for the last 10 years.
                                Exactly. Despite never winning the Lombardi Trophy, only missing the playoffs three times in Andy Reidís tenure is very impressive. Definitely is one of the best run organizations in the NFL. I like the respect.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information