Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

per 101ESPN: Rams and Eagles in serious talks...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
    Well the Rams have put good money and players into their OL...Brown, Bell, and Smith were added in the past couple years to be the C - LG - LT combo.
    true, hopefully smith keeps improving. i'm sure injuries hurt last year, but anytime i see a team who gave up more sacks than we did(lions) last year with 40 fewer attempts then I'd still be worried.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      Come on Al Id think you would atleast try to trade for McNabb
      who needs McNabb when you have the awesome of JaMarcus Russell

signed,

Al Davis

Comment

McNabb for Asomugha.

Comment

did you not get the memo? Russel can throw interceptions at the speed of sound. sound!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            The Rams can not be that dumb, can they?
            Yeah they could be.

Or just that desperate for a veteran QB, drafting a rookie on a team that talentless would mean throwing him to the wolves as a rookie & he's an odds-on fave to get killed. The Rams might actually have less of a talent core now than Detroit had a yr. ago when they drafted Stafford.

Comment

Isn't this Kolb's final year of his contract?

If that is the case the Eagles might want to find out what they have in him before deciding how they treat him after his contract expires.

Their is a reason the Eagles didn't extend McNabb's contract when they gave him a raise, which I've never seen before nor would have ever thought would happen. Their plan could have always been to play him the first year and trade him the second.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                if this happens, I'll laugh non-stop at the trbl-ness of the deal for both teams.
                its not really terrible for the eagles, the way i see it McNabb's performance vs Dallas pretty much put the nail in the coffin; unless of course there was a medical reason that has since then ceased.

What pick is being delt? 3rd rounder?

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                  If something does go down, i'm thinking maybe

Eagles get 2nd round pick and OJ
                  Rams get McNabb and Eagles 1st. and maybe like 5th rounder.
                  If that goes down your essentially trading:

Eagles Give: McNabb (late 2nd round value) and a late first
                  Rams Give: first 2nd round pick and Atogwe (early/mid second round value)

Even then, Rams should give up probably a 4th at the least 5th

Comment

I don't know I was just thinking what the Eagles would trade for or get. Eagles try and get the most out of everything.

Comment

Basically, it is like this. Kolb wants a starting job in this league. No way the Eagles are going to trade him because they're the ones who put all the time and energy into making him into what he is. It could be nothing, or it could be an All-Pro. No one knows. He simply is not going anywhere.

McNabb is on the last year of his contract, in which even if he plays out this year, won't get resigned. Trading him is the best business move the Eagles could make. It's tough to say goodbye, but it has to happen at some point in time. He has been good to us, but I think a change of scenery could do both parties involved some good.

Everybody says that Eagle fans under-appreciate him, but we're the ones saying that the Rams would be getting a quality starting QB. He may not be able to lead them to the promise land, but it wont set them back. After being a bottom of the barrel team, something in the Rams organization isn't working. Considering they haven't had a quality QB in quite some time, this could be a very beneficial move for them. I also believe that McNabb could do some good things in St. Louis. I think if they establish the run game with Steven Jackson, McNabb could destroy teams with playaction. They have some quality, young WR's like Donnie Avery.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Donovann McNabb is like Philly's version of Patrick Ewing.

You won't understand how good he was and what he meant to your team until he leaves.

I'd love to see Kolb shake off Justin Tuck and throw it downfield the way McNabb did.
                        Kolb won't need to shake off Justin Tuck because Kolb has a quicker release and faster / better decision-making than McNabb.

Comment

I really doubt this turns into anything. The slightest thing can end a trade discussion of this magnitude, especially when Philly wins simply by doing nothing.

That said, if I'm the Rams and I can make this deal work without bargaining off a 1st round pick or a great player, I pull the trigger faster than you can imagine. That St. Louis team needs talent a lot of places, but if they can get McNabb to pair with Steven Jackson and then draft Suh, their turnaround could be a whole lot faster than people realize. As in "playoffs in 2011" fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                            I really doubt this turns into anything. The slightest thing can end a trade discussion of this magnitude, especially when Philly wins simply by doing nothing.

That said, if I'm the Rams and I can make this deal work without bargaining off a 1st round pick or a great player, I pull the trigger faster than you can imagine. That St. Louis team needs talent a lot of places, but if they can get McNabb to pair with Steven Jackson and then draft Suh, their turnaround could be a whole lot faster than people realize. As in "playoffs in 2011" fast.
                            I think trading the #33 overall pick PLUS a player like OJ Atogwue (sp?) for McNabb would be a pretty solid trade for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                              I think trading the #33 overall pick PLUS a player like OJ Atogwue (sp?) for McNabb would be a pretty solid trade for both parties.
                              Personally, I think that's a spectacular steal for the Rams, but I've always been a McNabb fan. I don't know, maybe Kolb has been all kinds of awesome in practice and they really are sure he'll take off right away. Personally, I think that if the Eagles trade McNabb, there's a good chance their fans lament that loss for quite a long time.

You could argue that McNabb has never been a truly elite quarterback, but he's been at the very top of the second tier consistently for almost his entire career. He's a damn good player and if not for the Rams draft position this year, would almost certainly command a 1st round pick and change.

Comment

On Atogwe, he is in a similar place as Sproles. He was franchised last year so any tender they place on him would have to be a salary increase over that, I would say it is not a definite he will be with the Rams next season. Plus with a salary that high I don't know how valuable of a trade commodity he is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information