Darren Sproles is the luckiest RB in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Sproles is the luckiest RB in the NFL

It looks like Darren Sproles will be staying with the Chargers. The team slapped him with a 1st and 3rd tender late today. Now he's making 110% of what he made last year.

We have running backs holdout of camp all the time. Kick and yell about not getting paid and Sproles made 6.6 million last year, 7.2 million this year. Thats almost 14 million and will get most likely 10 to 14 million when he signs a long term deal next year. Luckiest back in the league.

I never thought I'd say this but there are too many Charger topics on the main board lately. Congrats Sproles, didn't see the logic in sending him away when we had an option for a 1 year deal in an uncapped year. I'm not the Spanos' family, pay the man.

Acee our beat writer reports that long term contract talks are progressing and they needed more time so they tagged him. Nothing's guaranteed but very possible scenario.

Comment

What was up with Sproles and LT as far as YPC last year? They both stunk as far as that... Was it the line or what?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
        What was up with Sproles and LT as far as YPC last year? They both stunk as far as that... Was it the line or what?
        Yeah, the line is terrible at run blocking and was battling injuries on top of it.

Comment

good move because he was a day away from being a redskin
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I'm assuming the bolts are still in the market for a RB since Sproles is not a 3 down back.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Plus they cut Michael Bennett.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Plus they cut Michael Bennett.
                OMGZ! What will the Chargers ever do without Michael Bennett?????????

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Chargers should try to get Westbrook if he's healthy he would add a ton to their offense IMO.

Comment

I hear Ladainian Tomlinson is a FA...

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                      good move because he was a day away from being a redskin
                      Who isn't?

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

There is alot of talk that he had a visit set up with the Chiefs before the tender Charles and Sproles would have been sick.

Comment

Perhaps it's time for San Diego to use a high draft selection on a highly touted runningback...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Sproles had how many yards last year?

Comment

Not much, but at least we have 1 RB back for next season. But I still see us going RB early in the draft. And I doubt we go after any RB in the FA, AJ never does anything big in the FA. We rely on the draft/UFA and it works out pretty well for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information