No announcement yet.

Cromartie to the Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why everybody is hating.

Cro has all the tools in the world to be an extremely successful player in this league. He even showed how well he could put them to use. Granted, he has fell off a lot since that season, but being around a good nucleus like Rex Ryan and Darrelle Revis can only improve his game. I'm semi-anticipating big things from this duo.

Edit: and it wasn't an unreasonable price to pay for Cro when they pretty much have most other positions filled out.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
      I don't understand why everybody is hating

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Lulz at TV analysts saying the jets now have the best CB duo.

Comment

Jets still need to draft a cb naming Myron Lewis.

Jets got wrong Cromartie FFS. I dont want to see annually different CB opposing Revis.

2011's 3rd round pick to acquire Cromartie is not a bad deal, somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
            How do you figure? Revis will shut down the opposing #1 WR and Cromartie will be able to jump on hurried throws because the Jets' pass rush is much better than the Chargers'. I think it'll turn out to be a good move. Cro might even gain some toughness playing for Ryan.
            It doesn't usually work out that way. In 2006, Champ Bailey had the best season by a CB since the rule changes. The team started off super hot with the defense playing as well as any defense in the history of the NFL for the first few weeks, even better than the defense started this year, actually. But then, we played the Colts. Champ locked down Marvin Harrison, and Reggie Wayne went absolutely apeshit on Darrent Williams. Every other team proceeded to do the same thing. And Williams was way better than Cro. When you're playing next to the most dominant corner in the league, you become the target. Every slipup you make is amplified because the QB doesn't even take a peek at whoever Revis is covering on half the plays. They'll test Cro early and often.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
              Lulz at TV analysts saying the jets now have the best CB duo.
              http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown/status/10052395741

"NYJ now have the best set of starting cornerbacks in the league."

will people here now change their opinion?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown/status/10052395741

"NYJ now have the best set of starting cornerbacks in the league."

will people here now change their opinion?
                Scott knows evaluations. Just like Kiper and McShay, they don't know dick about actual established NFL players.

Comment

New York is an excellent place for Cromartie to raise his 7 children and pay child support to their 6 mothers.
                  Last edited by Whistler6; 03-06-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Cro will prove all of the haters wrong!
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                      Cro will prove all of the people who have actually watched him play wrong!
                      Instant homers gonna git you now

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Instant homers gonna git you now
                        lole

I've watched him since his FSU days, and he's certainly got the capabilities to be a really solid addition to our defense. I'm not really expecting greatness out of him. He just has to stay on the field and be better than Lito (and stay for more than a year), which I think is easily realizable.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

lole

I've watched him since his FSU days, and he's certainly got the capabilities to be a really solid addition to our defense. I'm not really expecting greatness out of him. He just has to stay on the field and be better than Lito (and stay for more than a year), which I think is easily realizable.
                          I hope he stays on the field too for pick purposes. I'm sure he will be just fine in NY. A-OK.

Comment

People love to do groupthink. Cromartie will be for a 3rd unless he plays well. Not a terrible price. Draft picks are over valued half the time. A player who had 1 real good NFL year has at least shown he can do it when compared to a rookie who hasn't done it at all and is even more unrealized potential. Heck, top picks bust too. Cromartie is a lazy bastard, not doubt needs to learn to tackle and needs someone to get on his case, but he is still young with all the ability in the world. He has to put it together obviously, and I hope on an elite defense this will come. I'm not against the pick, but i'm not going to say its a sure thing. I'll see where it goes during the season, but it is hard to go all out one way or the other, as it isn't a rediculous deal....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

lole

He has to learn to tackle more than anything. Somehow I think he's the got the right coach to drill it into him.

Comment

Should be interesting to see. Being constantly targeted certainly has some massive backfire capability in NY where he will get smashed by the media if he screws up.

As long as the Jets look at him for what he is, then it will be alright. They have Revis, which does allow them to roll coverage to the other side, I expect you have a deep safety on Cro's side in most situations and try and tempt teams to go at Revis more and protect for when Cro gambles and it doesn't come off. He really is no different to what Asante Samuel was with the Pats, put a wise veteran who can hold his position like Harrison behind him and it all works out fine.

My other concern would be what adding him does to the run defense, now you have a massive glaring weakness to attack with the run game, a team with a good athletic guards and adequate tackles should be able to get at Cromartie, I know I would do my best trying to force him to make tackles in the run game because it is a big hole in an otherwise exceptional run defense.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information