Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Williams To Detroit. (Suh the pick?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frubulubu View Post
    Corey Williams had four sacks last year, dont see how this will improve the pass rush. It is a low draft pick there giving up, so I suppose this aint to bad. Rumor is there also looking at Kyle Vanden Bosch, who also is not known for rushing the passer.
    He had like no playing time, got in at the end of the year and looked great... This is a steal for the Lions.

Comment

great trade for detroit

williams played great towards the end of his run in GB and the 43 is his better fit

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Didn't we (The Buccaneers) sign Byron Leftwich 2 weeks before the draft ?? This is a smoke screen Lions will still go DT in the first round ..

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

It appears the pick will be mid round but is still unknown if the pick will be this year or next years draft.

It was also rumored that Williams would have been released if this trade didn't go down.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Its been rumored they are "enamored" with Okung, but I think Eric Berry could be a darkhorse.
            no. no. no. no. no.

Suh or McCoy or BUST.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

As much as I want a franchise LT ... I want a dominant defense ... Give me Berry, Morgan(yes, Morgan), McCoy, or Suh!!!!

Also -- Corey Williams is a terrific DT in the 43 defense... Adding KVB will also help our defense in more ways then rushing the passer ... he's strong against the run and when he does get a 1v1, he can win that battle(I think he was singled out a lot more with Haynesworth gone, plus - he battles injuries all season long) ... Put Suh, Sammie Lee Hill, and Williams all at the DT position and add KVB, we could generate some sort of pass rush ...

Still wish we'd have pursued Aaron Kampman, though :(

Comment

I think McCoy is still in the picture. If you like McCoy better you don't not draft him because you have Corey Williams. I think it's Suh, McCoy, or Okung right now in the discussion. Paying a safety #2 money doesn't seem likely.

Comment

Williams had 14 sacks in his last two seasons in the 4-3 defense. He still managed 4 sacks last year despite playing out of position in the 3-4. Seeing as all of the Lions defensive tackles combined for 4 sacks last year, I don't see a downside to this move.

Comment

Late in the year last year the Browns put Williams back at DT and let him attack instead of playing gap control and he played really well. He didn't play bad at 5 technique last year either, but he's not a good fit there with how he likes to play. He destroyed against the Steelers on that Thursday night game.

Comment

Specifics of the trade:

Browns receive: 2010 5th round draft pick (via Denver).
                      Detroit receives: DT Cory Williams and 2010 7th round draft pick.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information