No announcement yet.

Rank the AFC West and their likely records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think San Diego will take a small hit, probably going from 10-6 to 12-4, ranging from that, depending on injuries. People seem to be impressed by Rivers, but I think they are overrating him. He sucked at the end of the year, and in the playoff game. I believe he has a slight case of Rex Grossman syndrome, which is letting rip the deep ball.
    Denver will see a slight gain IMO, they really upgraded and Cutler is ready IMO to be a good-great QB. Anywhere really from 9-7 to 12-4, depending on injuries. I hear people say all the time this team needs a DE, but they actually don't need one as bad as they need a DT. They need DE for depth, yes, and upgrading wouldn't hurt, but if they can get a DT that can get a push from the middle, this team gets instantly better.
    Kansas City is in trouble IMO. They add little pieces here and there, and in the end they just make the team older and older. This is an average team, and can go from 6-10 to 9-7. Tons of starters over 30 on both sides of the ball, they need to start the rebuilding phase. Gonzalez should've left.
    Oakland, if it can get an offense, will be a decent team. I see 4-12 to 7-9 from them this year. A lot of guys on defense are young, but Sapp, who played like a beast last year, just how much does he have left? Maybe by the time the offense gets around, the defense will be average-mediocre again.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
      I think San Diego will take a small hit, probably going from 10-6 to 12-4, ranging from that, depending on injuries. People seem to be impressed by Rivers, but I think they are overrating him. He sucked at the end of the year, and in the playoff game. I believe he has a slight case of Rex Grossman syndrome, which is letting rip the deep ball.
      Rex Grossman syndrome, letting rip the deep ball? haha sorry but that's just funny. River started to regress the moment his wide receivers started going down with injuries. Vincent Jackson was the only one who wasn't injured through the whole ordeal. It's funny since Rivers regressed at the same time that Brees did.
      Also, Rivers had a decent playoff game. He looked absolutely calm out there. If you bothered to watch the game you'll notice that his stats were horrible because his receivers had problems catching perfectly thrown passes. Rivers did make mistakes in the game though. The interception and the last minute to be exact. But give this guy a more reliable target to throw to and he'll be even deadlier.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        Personally, I don't see the coaching staff as a huge downgrade. Most people who don't follow the Chargers (idk how close you follow them, so im not trying to come off insulting here) don't realize that Marty was mainly a mediator between Wade and Cameron. In the playoff game, he didn't have his headset on for the majority of the game, with Cameron running the offense and Wade running the defense. By getting rid of Marty all you lose is the actualy overseer of the two. The hiring of Turner is essentially replacing Cam, with a better version of him, as Cam is essentially Norv Jr. To deal with the departure of Wade, which I feel was the biggest offseason loss, You have Cotrell, to keep continuity on the 3-4, and Rivera, to strenghten the defense overall. I see it as an even, if not almost beneficial swap for the Chargers, who can now expect an even more potent offesne with Rivers' full development, and a defense taht should remain on par.

I agree that Norv Turner as an improvement over Cam Cameron. I just think as a motivator, he pales in comparison to Marty. I am not a fan of Cotrell at DC. In contrast to Wade Phillips that is. Though he keeps continuity on that unit, which certainly helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          I agree that Norv Turner as an improvement over Cam Cameron. I just think as a motivator, he pales in comparison to Marty. I am not a fan of Cotrell at DC. In contrast to Wade Phillips that is. Though he keeps continuity on that unit, which certainly helps.
          I believe Cotrell did his best work in Buffalo using the same 3-4 defense that the Chargers currently utlilized. When he was in a different system with the Vikings and the Jets, he struggled greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
            Rivers had two bad games, KC and OAK. He didn't play as well as he did in the beginning of the season, but he didn't suck in the end of the year. I thought he played great in the playoff game, and as far as letting rip the deep ball, I'm a little confused where you got that idea from.

Comment

DENVER: 19-0

All the rest..........second fiddle.

You know its true. Search your hearts fellas.:p

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information