Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Conference Logos, Championship Trophies, Super Bowl Logo system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Conference Logos, Championship Trophies, Super Bowl Logo system

    Dont know if people care that much about this, or if everyone already knew, but check this out:





  • #2
    those logos look dumb, i liked all the old stuff better

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't like the new Super Bowl logo. I liked the different colors and stuff they used.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #4
        I pretty much liked the old better on everything.

        Comment


        • #5
          Older >>>> newer.

          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

          Comment


          • #6
            all they did was change everything to be more streamlined and all the symbols in playoffs (awards and game symbols) are just the ball. Its ********, it lessens the significance of the silver ball in the lombardi trophy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Also the new AFC logo looks ridiculous. One leg of the A has the stars and the other is just there. They should have put on each leg.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Also the new AFC logo looks ridiculous. One leg of the A has the stars and the other is just there. They should have put on each leg.
                they're trying to make things consistent with both conferences. I dont agree with it either

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like all of the changes. Steamlined, clean and updated.

                  I kind of like the bulky old conference championship trophies, though.

                  +rep for a post that gave me info on something I hadn't heard about at all.

                  When was this announced? Were they really dumb enough to do this right at the start of FA? Seems like post draft would have been better or maybe end of March when the FA period has slowed and the draft isn't quite as geared up yet.

                  Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    I like all of the changes. Steamlined, clean and updated.

                    I kind of like the bulky old conference championship trophies, though.

                    +rep for a post that gave me info on something I hadn't heard about at all.

                    When was this announced? Were they really dumb enough to do this right at the start of FA? Seems like post draft would have been better or maybe end of March when the FA period has slowed and the draft isn't quite as geared up yet.
                    I heard something a month or so back that said they were planning on updating everything, so I did some research and stumbled across 'sportslogos.net'.
                    Really good site, has tons of info on uniforms, logos, and tons of people that have information on stuff, I think even before it becomes public knowledge. And someone posted this stuff there, then I did some digging and found on uniwatch that these are the official changes.

                    For the record, I like things being streamlined and uniform but this is a little much I feel. The Super Bowl logos were all so unique, every one seemed like a totally different event. I dont want this to be like the World Series and Stanley Cup logos where its the same every year... being a different theme year after year made it very unique.
                    The conference logos changes I understand...they wanted the 4 stars in each, to make it make more sense,, but I didn't think they needed changing.
                    And the new trophies? I dunno... I wouldn't mess with that. Sure they were weird and ugly looking but it was tradition. The conference trophies shouldn't be cool...thats not what youre playing for. The new ones are too modern and streamlined for my taste, I think it was just unnecessary changes.

                    PS what I couldnt find was whether or not the conference trophies are keeping their names? I sure hope so...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                      Dont know if people care that much about this, or if everyone already knew, but check this out:



                      I like the regional Super Bowl logo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        all they did was change everything to be more streamlined and all the symbols in playoffs (awards and game symbols) are just the ball. Its ********, it lessens the significance of the silver ball in the lombardi trophy.
                        Totally agree with you about the Lombardi. The new designs are horrible.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                          I heard something a month or so back that said they were planning on updating everything, so I did some research and stumbled across 'sportslogos.net'.
                          Really good site, has tons of info on uniforms, logos, and tons of people that have information on stuff, I think even before it becomes public knowledge. And someone posted this stuff there, then I did some digging and found on uniwatch that these are the official changes.

                          For the record, I like things being streamlined and uniform but this is a little much I feel. The Super Bowl logos were all so unique, every one seemed like a totally different event. I dont want this to be like the World Series and Stanley Cup logos where its the same every year... being a different theme year after year made it very unique.
                          The conference logos changes I understand...they wanted the 4 stars in each, to make it make more sense,, but I didn't think they needed changing.
                          And the new trophies? I dunno... I wouldn't mess with that. Sure they were weird and ugly looking but it was tradition. The conference trophies shouldn't be cool...thats not what youre playing for. The new ones are too modern and streamlined for my taste, I think it was just unnecessary changes.

                          PS what I couldnt find was whether or not the conference trophies are keeping their names? I sure hope so...
                          Ok, so it may not even be official news yet. Got it.

                          I don't see them ever changing the names of any of those 3 trophies. It seems implied that the names are the same because the text states "We saw an opportunity to visually make" the collection more meaningful.

                          Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                            Ok, so it may not even be official news yet. Got it.

                            I don't see them ever changing the names of any of those 3 trophies. It seems implied that the names are the same because the text states "We saw an opportunity to visually make" the collection more meaningful.
                            No, I dont believe the NFL has formally announced this (other then the Super Bowl one, that is official). But from what I am gathering is that it is all but certain that these changes take place for next season.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That makes sense. I was more surprised by the timing of it than anything else. If there's one thing the NFL is good at these days its marketing, so announcing this info on what is already a busy NFL news day would have been a major PR Fail.


                              EDIT: Looking over them again: I really like the logo changes. The trophies . . . not so much.

                              Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information