Big ben accused of sexual assault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shahin View Post
    he'll be less vilified because he's white, and kobe's black.
    Kobe's was far more public, and that's why he was villified so much. Bottom line is if you're in LA or NY, you're going to be under much more scrutiny than playing in Pennsylvania.

As for the scrutiny he faced after that as compared to LeBron, well there are a couple of reasons for that.

First, whether it's right or wrong, the perception is that Kobe broke up the dynamic duo. Everyone loves Shaq. They just do. He's always been very charismatic and just seems like an awesome guy to be around. Kobe doesn't try to be like that, and when he does, it comes off as really fake. That's not anything bad, it's just the type of person he is, compared to Shaq. So when they had a falling out and Shaq was forced out of town, Kobe was blamed for it. Again, whether that is correct or not, that's the perception.

Second, Kobe had that video of him throwing Bynum under the bus. No, he didn't have many good teammates before the season they lost to Boston, but that's no excuse for appearing publicly in a video denouncing them.

LeBron, on the other hand, has a much more Shaq-like personality. Less public than Shaq, but he genuinely looks like he's just having fun out there. He seems to be more of a "fun guy" than Kobe does, and many people like him more for it. Also, LeBron's teammates have been every bit as bad as Kobe's worst, and the team he carried to the Finals was probably as bad as any team Kobe got knocked out of the first round with. But he's never publicly thrown any of his teammates under the bus and always seems to be supportive of them. So when he plays out of his mind and not one single teammate of his steps up in the ECF, he gets a pass for walking off the court like that.

The REAL question is why is Kobe so scrutinized and Dwyane Wade gets such a pass? Wade had "sex parties" for crying out loud, and allegedly gave his wife an STD. That's Tiger Woods **** right there, but he's held in the same light as LeBron still.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• I still want to know how the **** Marvin Harrison hasnt been convicted for shooting someone yet.

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Pittsburgh Radio says that Bens lawyer said that this case isn't likely to make it to a court room.

O, and he said Ben's innocent. The lawyer couldnt possibly say anything untrue. Case closed.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
          Pittsburgh Radio says that Bens lawyer said that this case isn't likely to make it to a court room.

O, and he said Ben's innocent. The lawyer couldnt possibly say anything untrue. Case closed.
          Well when the lawyer is basically telling the officers what to do, you know it's not that serious.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            Because Kobe is held to a different standard than most athletes, for whatever reason.

Completely unrelated, but can you imagine if Kobe acted the same way idiot Lebron does? With his stupid powder toss, his air guitar dance, and generally acting like a 5 year old with ADD whenever his team does something good. Or if he had just stormed off the court like a baby the way Lebron did against the Magic?

Here we go with this same crap. Oh noezzz Lebron tosses powder in the air, dances with teammates and has fun, somebody lock this criminal up!11!!!!

Because you know, he has to act exactly the way Kobe does or there is a crime, heavin forbid he's his own person with his own personality. Funny how it's always a Kobe follower who has a problem with this stuff. Lebron can act anyway he wants to as long as he's himself, Kobe is all business, Lebron has fun. That's like bitching at Chad Johnson for dancing in the end zone because he doesn't act like Marvin Harrison after a TD, all athletes are not the same nor do they have the same personalities.

I wish all you Kobe nut huggers would find a real reason to hate on Lebron instead of this stupid crap. I'm impartial to both guys, I just enjoy good basketball, but this is hating at it's finest. Lebron doesn't have to act like Kobe, or Jordan, or anyone else before him, he's his own person and I respect him alot more for being that way instead of trying to be like someone else.

Also Kobe isn't held to different standards then Big Ben. Ben isn't married, Kobe still had to deal with the whole cheating on his wife and kids fiasco, Ben is single. That's still an entirely different ball game even when your just in the "accusation" time.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

There is nothing to "settle" as this is a criminal case and not a civil one. His opposition in the case will be the People of the State of Georgia, not the girl.
              She could easily be offered an 'incentive' to drop the charge against Big Ben. Crap like that goes on all across the country.

Roethlisberger's attorney I'm sure has been in contact with the victim's legal representatives.

This just looks bad for Big Ben. NFL football players go to clubs, exhibit rude behavior and grope chicks in bars/clubs across all 50 states, yet you rarely see charges like this happen.

Also, this is the second such rape case that has been charged against him.

Cheap bastard should have hired a pro and called it a night.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Here we go with this same crap. Oh noezzz Lebron tosses powder in the air, dances with teammates and has fun, somebody lock this criminal up!11!!!!

Because you know, he has to act exactly the way Kobe does or there is a crime, heavin forbid he's his own person with his own personality. Funny how it's always a Kobe follower who has a problem with this stuff. Lebron can act anyway he wants to as long as he's himself, Kobe is all business, Lebron has fun. That's like bitching at Chad Johnson for dancing in the end zone because he doesn't act like Marvin Harrison after a TD, all athletes are not the same nor do they have the same personalities.

I wish all you Kobe nut huggers would find a real reason to hate on Lebron instead of this stupid crap. I'm impartial to both guys, I just enjoy good basketball, but this is hating at it's finest. Lebron doesn't have to act like Kobe, or Jordan, or anyone else before him, he's his own person and I respect him alot more for being that way instead of trying to be like someone else.

Also Kobe isn't held to different standards then Big Ben. Ben isn't married, Kobe still had to deal with the whole cheating on his wife and kids fiasco, Ben is single. That's still an entirely different ball game even when your just in the "accusation" time.
                Way to put words in my mouth, bro.

I never said I had a problem with what Lebron does. Nor did I say that he can't have his personality. Nor did I say that he has to act like Jordan or Kobe.

I said he's immature and acts like a child. And that if Kobe were to do the things Lebron does, he'd get blasted for it - especially when he was younger and more polarizing.

He's perfectly entitled to act like a kid hopped up on adderall. It's annoying, but I don't have a problem with it. My problem is the double standard to which the two players are held.

Comment

Way to put words in my mouth, bro.

I never said I had a problem with what Lebron does. Nor did I say that he can't have his personality. Nor did I say that he has to act like Jordan or Kobe.

I said he's immature and acts like a child. And that if Kobe were to do the things Lebron does, he'd get blasted for it - especially when he was younger and more polarizing.

He's perfectly entitled to act like a kid hopped up on adderall. It's annoying, but I don't have a problem with it. My problem is the double standard to which the two players are held.

You don't have a problem with it but he's an idiot for it? An idiot goes to the strip club at 3 am and makes it rain, an idiot kicks a camera man in the nuts or runs into the stands throwing punches, I wouldn't consider team celebrations an idiot personally. His team is involved in all of that. Besides there is no double standard, when he didn't shake hands after the playoff series he was blasted non-stop for it, it was on every talk show and they all laid into him about it. The Nike tape thing? Blasted the same way for it. What else should they blast him for? He's a young dude who is rich as hell with the world at his fingertips and could be out slaying every chick possible and partying non stop in the club but intsead he's a family man who celebrates with his teammates instead of making it all about him, yea what an idiot douche asshole on aderall.

This thread is about Big Ben anway, I feel like this is the NBA forum, didn't mean to get off-topic. Just feel like it's a contradictory to say you don't have a problem with it but call him an idiot for it.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Polls have shown that for Tiger woods, Golf fans view him much more favorably than none sports fans do. Im definitely not suggesting he raped any women, just making the point that sports fans are more forgiving for their stars than the general public is.

Kobe was the face of the NBA and well-know and respected outside of the NBA. When your the face of sport, when you do something very unpopular it hurts the league and sports writers get mad about that, often more than the act itself. Big Ben is strictly know for NFL, he doesn't do national commercials. So he doens't get the none sports backlash that Tiger or Kobe got. He doesn't tarnish the image of the sport even close the amount the other 2 do.

Kobe was very respected, the more people admire you and look up to you, the bigger the anger when you do something bad. Big Ben people were sort of ambivalent about, they didn't respect much more as a person than your starting QB, they didn't respect him less.

Since Kobe is married people knew that he was at least guilty of cheating on his wife. With Ben that isn't the case.

If Warner, Manning or Brady had been accused of this they would take a beating, especially Warner. As a person Warner is most respect so his fall would be greatest.
                    Last edited by Bucs_Rule; 03-08-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• What the hell was he doing in this little town in Georgia? That's what I want to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        What the hell was he doing in this little town in Georgia? That's what I want to know.
                        I've been wondering the same thing. My only guess is that another player lives near said town and that is why he was out there, otherwise, I am still going to be confused as ****.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• My guess is he's on tour. Kinda like a band, but the sex isn't consensual.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            I've been wondering the same thing. My only guess is that another player lives near said town and that is why he was out there, otherwise, I am still going to be confused as ****.
                            True. No offense to the people that live in that area, but why the hell would Ben be at a club there when he could be a club in Las Vegas, Miami, LA, NY, etc. It wasn't even Athens.

Comment

• Ben has an offseason house there. Don't ask me why.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                Ben has an offseason house there. Don't ask me why.
                                To prey on non-drinking age college chicks?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information