Boldin TRADED to the Ravens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
    And what did the Cowboys give up for Roy Williams again compared to this? I know Roy is younger and doesn’t have the injury concerns of Boldin but still...
    The Cowboys massively overpaid, it's not what the market value for a receiver is.

Comment

PFW is reporting that the Ravens won't go for Walter now that they have Boldin.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
        PFW is reporting that the Ravens won't go for Walter now that they have Boldin.
        That would be a bitchin' recieving corps though. Draft Gresham with their first and Flacco is jizzing in his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer View Post
          And what did the Cowboys give up for Roy Williams again compared to this? I know Roy is younger and doesn’t have the injury concerns of Boldin but still...
          You can't use Jerry Jones' stupidity as a correlation for if another trade was good or bad. If jerry wants a guy he'll massively overpay, especially if there is money under the cap to do it. We probably could of gotten Roy for a 6th round pick had we waited another year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
            He's an injury prone 30 year old that needed an extension, his value was far from its peak.
            It was worth way more then they got. and You clearly HAVEN"T watched him the last 3 years.

Comment

yes me, the cardinals fan, 1 of 3 in the world, is the one who hasn't watched him

Comment

Damn. Really wanted him on the Patriots. Congrats Baltimore, seems like you guys have been trying to get him for like forever.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Good fit for the Ravens, because they are trying to contend now. Why so upset Chiefs fans? KC is a young team, if they signed a 30 year old to 30 mill extension, that is just going to end up depriving them of a core piece down the line. Boldin might have been easily had, but was not necessarily the right direction for the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    Good fit for the Ravens, because they are trying to contend now. Why so upset Chiefs fans? KC is a young team, if they signed a 30 year old to 30 mill extension, that is just going to end up depriving them of a core piece down the line. Boldin might have been easily had, but was not necessarily the right direction for the franchise.
                    because our WR's suck that's why.Boldin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chiefs WR's

Comment

Give up a 3rd and 4th round pick for a pro bowl WR... great deal. If they can add youth to the defense they might be one of the favorites next year

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by superfly69 View Post
                        It was worth way more then they got. and You clearly HAVEN"T watched him the last 3 years.
                        How so? Do you think the Cardinals were turning down better offers?

In the end the team decided that a 3 and 4th were more valuable to the team than one year of Boldin. I love Boldin but for a team that has a promising replacement in Doucet and wants to transition to more of a running game it was the right time to trade him. This was the best value that we could get.

There was no way he was resigning next year and franchising him would have been ugly and his value would have been even less (especially with the possibility of it being a lockout season).

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
                          How so? Do you think the Cardinals were turning down better offers?

In the end the team decided that a 3 and 4th were more valuable to the team than one year of Boldin. I love Boldin but for a team that has a promising replacement in Doucet and wants to transition to more of a running game it was the right time to trade him. This was the best value that we could get.

There was no way he was resigning next year and franchising him would have been ugly and his value would have been even less (especially with the possibility of it being a lockout season).
                          You think Doucet will be the #2 over Breaston?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            I agree with you and I've been saying it some today. I'd rather get our picks and fix some other areas than give up two picks + a huge deal to Boldin. I really wanted Walter, but he just re-signed.

All said, I love Boldin and it would have been great to see him in KC red, but I'm not all that broken up over it.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                              You think Doucet will be the #2 over Breaston?

I think Doucet works better on the outside (his game is pretty much Boldin-lite) and I would like to see them keep Breaston in the slot were he has been so effective. When Boldin missed games this was the general setup, but our WRs move around alot and we tend to go 3 wide most of the time so they will both see plenty of action.

Comment

Lance Long,Bobby Wade,Terrance Copper and Quinten Lawrence.

Good luck Matt Cassel.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information