Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REC YDS TD AVG
    60 612 8 10.2

Seeing how he was one of Cutlers main target last year, yeah it's going to be a completely different offense, but still I think he's going to be missed.

Comment

Looks like theyve denied the Redskins their annual Offseason Champs trophy. Quite an upset

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        The big question is will this be enough to help them take the NFC North?

/me stirs the pot
        All depends on what happens with the O line. That's the biggest weakness of the team, by far.

Originally posted by bantx View Post
        manu is a blocking TE, i dont see how much they can use him in the passing game. Replacing him for Olsen is a big drop off.
        Martz doesn't call for TEs to run routes. He's like 300 lbs. I'm sure you'll see him pass blocking on like 90% of our offensive snaps.

Greg Olsen = wasted talent now. Hopefully we just convert him to wideout. 6'5", 250 lbs, 4.51 forty? Works for me.

Comment

Dan Snyder says, quit copying me!!!

Comment

I just think hiring Martz was an awful idea. His offense puts a ton of pressure on the Oline. Why don't you hire someone that utilizes your best offensive weapon? If everything clicks then they are a superbowl contender, but I think this team has a high chance of picking top 3 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              I just think hiring Martz was an awful idea. His offense puts a ton of pressure on the Oline. Why don't you hire someone that utilizes your best offensive weapon? If everything clicks then they are a superbowl contender, but I think this team has a high chance of picking top 3 next year.
              I have the exact same feeling to be honest with you, Scotty. Their weakest link is their offensive line and I see nothing be done about it.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I can only imagine Tommie Harris, J-Pepp, and Cutler tearing up Chicago the night before a game. Celebrate now, Chicago. Albert Haynesworth thinks Peppers getting $40 mil guaranteed is whack.

Comment

Manumaleuna is definitely the unheralded one here but he could be very important for the reason other people have mentioned - as a great blocker for Mike Martz. He's definitely far more suited to that offense than Olsen is. For people on here - does anyone have any idea what kind of compensation the Bears would be looking for with him? I wouldn't mind the Patriots trading a second round pick for him, I just don't know how high of a second I'd offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    ...because none of Lovie's best friends fit that description. Duh.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    I can only imagine Tommie Harris, J-Pepp, and Cutler tearing up Chicago the night before a game. Celebrate now, Chicago. Albert Haynesworth thinks Peppers getting $40 mil guaranteed is whack.
                    ?

Tommie Harris doesn't even drink. He's too anal-retentive holy-rollerish for that. We've had no problems with Cutler partying the night before a game since he's come to the Bears. I've never heard any concerns like that about Peppers. Your imagination is weird if you can imagine that.

As for the guaranteed money, so what? It's frontloaded. Is anyone really concerned that Peppers is going to be bad over the next three years or so?
                    Last edited by Monomach; 03-06-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Manumaleuna is definitely the unheralded one here but he could be very important for the reason other people have mentioned - as a great blocker for Mike Martz. He's definitely far more suited to that offense than Olsen is. For people on here - does anyone have any idea what kind of compensation the Bears would be looking for with him? I wouldn't mind the Patriots trading a second round pick for him, I just don't know how high of a second I'd offer.
                      I'd want that pick from the Jags for him (44th overall). Any lower than that and I'd be pretty upset. It's not like he's a bust. It's just that we hired a bust for coordinator who won't use him. If we can't get a top 45 pick for him, I'd just as soon keep him and use him as a slot receiver who works the middle of the field.

Comment

I am drink therefore, da bears equal *******

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by prock View Post
                          I am drink therefore, da bears equal *******
                          I can think of no counterargument.

You win.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post

Tommie Harris doesn't even drink. He's too anal-retentive holy-rollerish for that. We've had no problems with Cutler partying the night before a game since he's come to the Bears. I've never heard any concerns like that about Peppers. Your imagination is weird if you can imagine that.

As for the guaranteed money, so what? It's frontloaded. Is anyone really concerned that Peppers is going to be bad over the next three years or so?
                            Point was Tommie Harris has been known to take plays off occasionaly as has Peppers atleast in the eyes of many. And all 3 are kind of diva, "look at me" type players... Poor word choice on my part in the previous point. I still remember Peppers 2.5 sack 38 tackle performance in 2007.

Your saying front loaded like 20 million dollars this season isn't a big deal. People are going to disagree. Some think it was a great signing, some don't. I'm on the side that think the Bears will regret it in the end. Still, it's a guy who will get them excited I suppose.

Comment

Haters gonna hate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I doubt we trade Olsen.

Look at it that way: If the coaching staff fails, the coaches gonna be canned anyways. You want to give up on Olsen when after a year he could be very very useful again?

I could see Martz utilize him. Olsen is a little more polished receiving wise than VD was when Martz was in SF. Also with Manumaleuna blocking, he can now use Olsen with a little less pressure.

The numbers are misleading. Yes he had 8 TDs, but they threw at him like a million times in the redzone.

As of now, Greg is an above average TE with potential, but not as great as some make it out to be. Cutler's favorite target was Aro, not really Greg. He spreaded it around pretty good too.

Peppers im very iffy about. But apparently they had the same concerns with Simeon Rice before he got to Tampa and Marinelli seems to be at least a good motivator for the DL being an ex marine and all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information