No announcement yet.

Pats pay up - Wilfork highest paid NT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$8 million a year is a very reasonable for how important he is to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
      $8 million a year is a very reasonable for how important he is to the team.
      pretty much this. It's a good deal for both parties.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
        Aren't Eagles fans always complaining about him being inconsistent and the worst tackler ever? Plus hasn't Sheldon Brown been their best corner for less money? Asante isn't bad, but hes not a super star either. Lawyer Milloy is probably the most succesfull player that left the Pats since BB took over the team. I don't think Curtis Martin ever played for a BB coached Pats.
        As an Eagles fan, I can tell you that Asante is an overrated player. He's usualy good for anywhere from 4-10 interceptions a season, but many of those picks are the result of poor quarterbacks telegraphing their routes, and all of these picks come at the expense of proper tackling and press coverage. Asante is alot like Deion Sanders in that he basically can't tackle, but unlike Deion he isn't a shutdown corner either, so he still manages to give up big plays.

He's not terrible - interceptions are still a valuable thing to be able to generate - but he's definitely not worth his contract, and he's definitely a liability in many games.

Honestly, Belichick was probably better served by letting him walk rather than signing him to a monster contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
          As an Eagles fan, I can tell you that Asante is an overrated player. He's usualy good for anywhere from 4-10 interceptions a season, but many of those picks are the result of poor quarterbacks telegraphing their routes, and all of these picks come at the expense of proper tackling and press coverage. Asante is alot like Deion Sanders in that he basically can't tackle, but unlike Deion he isn't a shutdown corner either, so he still manages to give up big plays.

He's not terrible - interceptions are still a valuable thing to be able to generate - but he's definitely not worth his contract, and he's definitely a liability in many games.

Honestly, Belichick was probably better served by letting him walk rather than signing him to a monster contract.
          This! I think very highly of Asante Samuel in the Patriots' system In that, he could be exceptional - and he was for a couple of years. But outside that system (in within to some extend) he is a liability in many regards. Paying him $10 mill per year is just plain dumb, that money is better spent on other players. Spreading the wealth a bit.. But he is very good at route recognition and has excellent closing speed though. Just not worth $10 mill... So I wouldn't include him on the "list" of players NE has let go to be great at another club. Milloy wasn't great either, never was. Ty Law is the only player in the BB era I can think of, and he only had one truly great s season after he signed elsewhere.

Originally posted by ElectricEye
          I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.

Comment

I'm happy for Vince.

Comment

You gotta know he just made his local McDonald's employees work a lot harder

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information