Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pats pay up - Wilfork highest paid NT

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=4970238

Surprised to see them carry through with this.

It's a very good day to be a Patriots fan. Honestly thought he might be gone before the offseason was over. I can live with paying big money for the best nose tackle in football right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      It's a very good day to be a Patriots fan. Honestly thought he might be gone before the offseason was over. I can live with paying big money for the best nose tackle in football right now.
      too bad Ngata is the best NT in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        too bad Ngata is the best NT in the league.
        This man would speak the truth, if Ngata played NT.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. The Patriots are usually great at evaluating the worth of their own potential free agents. Wilfork is the best nose tackle in football and he's not yet 30 years old. Just like the re-signings of Randy Moss and Richard Seymour (in 2006), I figured something would get done. I may be missing someone, but have the Patriots ever let a free agent walk who ended up being great somewhere else?

Comment

This also means we don't have to draft Terrence Cody. Very good day.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              This doesn't surprise me at all. The Patriots are usually great at evaluating the worth of their own potential free agents. Wilfork is the best nose tackle in football and he's not yet 30 years old. Just like the re-signings of Randy Moss and Richard Seymour (in 2006), I figured something would get done. I may be missing someone, but have the Patriots ever let a free agent walk who ended up being great somewhere else?
              Asante Samuel, Curtis Martin (Pre-BB and not really by choice). But yes, generally they are very good at evaluating their current players.
              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Aasante samuel thats it I think, Ty Law had one or two good season after he left NE and oh yeah the great David Givens

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  This man would speak the truth, if Ngata played NT.
                  wasn't he playing NT with Gregg out?

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    This also means we don't have to draft Terrence Cody. Very good day.
                    Child please. Did y'all forget about the man mountain that is Ronald Brace?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Child please. Did y'all forget about the man mountain that is Ronald Brace?
                      Didn't some other scrub get snaps before him? And didn't he barely get on the field at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                        Didn't some other scrub get snaps before him? And didn't he barely get on the field at all...
                        Haha. I was being sarcastic.

Comment

This makes me very happy, draft day will be a lot simpler now. He is the best NT in the league.

Comment

Asante is the only exception.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Asante is the only exception.
                              Aren't Eagles fans always complaining about him being inconsistent and the worst tackler ever? Plus hasn't Sheldon Brown been their best corner for less money? Asante isn't bad, but hes not a super star either. Lawyer Milloy is probably the most succesfull player that left the Pats since BB took over the team. I don't think Curtis Martin ever played for a BB coached Pats.

There have been a lot of Pats guys that weren't retained that left and did nothing much at all. Deion Branch, David Givens, Tully Banta-Cain, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information