Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants sign Antrel Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hmm looking at contracts he isn't the highest paid safety.

    Landry and Sanders both have more total and guaranteed money. Berry will probably end up with a higher contract as well.

    On him being overpaid, it's the owners money and there is no salary cap so what's the downside?

    Comment


    • #17
      i like the signing for the Giants, get him out of the NFC West

      Comment


      • #18
        The positive part of it all, is that FA has only begun. They can probably over spend on some half decent players.

        Sig by Bone Krusher

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Stranger View Post
          Hmm looking at contracts he isn't the highest paid safety.

          Landry and Sanders both have more total and guaranteed money. Berry will probably end up with a higher contract as well.

          On him being overpaid, it's the owners money and there is no salary cap so what's the downside?
          It's not like there aren't future repercussions.

          Sig By:The Dynasty

          2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

          Comment


          • #20
            Fewell has been known to get a lot out of safties also so whatever. I'm happy and it will be even better if Phillips comes back healthy.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              It's not like there aren't future repercussions.
              Maybe the deal is frontloaded? It's only $15 mil guaranteed so it's really not that bad.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Stranger View Post
                Hmm looking at contracts he isn't the highest paid safety.

                Landry and Sanders both have more total and guaranteed money. Berry will probably end up with a higher contract as well.

                On him being overpaid, it's the owners money and there is no salary cap so what's the downside?
                In future years when/if there is a cap itll definitely affect future roster moves

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Maybe the deal is frontloaded? It's only $15 mil guaranteed so it's really not that bad.
                  22.5 mil in the first 3 years yeah

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    It's not like there aren't future repercussions.
                    It's not like teams struggled to fit in players under the salary cap previously, a good portion of the guaranteed money is probably in the first year so even worst case scenario - he sucks up and they release him in a couple of years. Look at your team, constantly giving out large contracts and they made it work under the cap.

                    Who did you lose out on by signing Haynesworth? Marcus Washington being cut is all I can think of and I don't consider that a big loss.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                      In future years when/if there is a cap itll definitely affect future roster moves
                      See my above post. Teams usually find ways to fit the people they want under the cap.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well this sucks.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                          Phillips + Rolle = Hurricane dominance in the Giants secondary.
                          Domination


                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's cool, Eagles. Sit on your asses, twiddle your thumbs, and cut your best linebacker while you watch the best free agents sign elsewhere.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              It's cool, Eagles. Sit on your asses, twiddle your thumbs, and cut your best linebacker while you watch the best free agents sign elsewhere.
                              There is still a chance you trade McNabb ;)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                                Domination
                                Dont forget we have Bruce Johnson, Jeff Feagles (if we resign him), Sinorice Moss (how does he manage to stay on our roster?) and Dwayne Hendricks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information