Giants sign Antrel Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
    Thats what i meant, i can really see Jerry falling in love with Earl, he's a good guy and a great instinctive football player although his body doesnt fit his position. Earl is a Texas guy, if that makes any difference which it probably does by a very meager amount, i think Jerry will make a move for a guy that can take advantage of good pass rush.
    I already read a report saying Jerry was a big 'Earl guy', still though it involves a move up just depends on how much were willing to spend to do it. I'm still glad you guys aren't in contention for him anymore, he's exactly what I want in our safety.

Also semi off-topic but maybe a Canes fan can help me out. Who was the better player at the U, Phillips or Rolle? I'm guessing Rolle, but I didn't and still don't follow Miami all that closely to know who lived up to the hype and had a better career.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I still wouldn't be suprised if we took a safety in round 1. Nobody really knows how Phillips is doing health wise.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        I already read a report saying Jerry was a big 'Earl guy', still though it involves a move up just depends on how much were willing to spend to do it. I'm still glad you guys aren't in contention for him anymore, he's exactly what I want in our safety.

Also semi off-topic but maybe a Canes fan can help me out. Who was the better player at the U, Phillips or Rolle? I'm guessing Rolle, but I didn't and still don't follow Miami all that closely to know who lived up to the hype and had a better career.
        Rolle was really before my time, but Id still say him. He was a playmaker, a returner for a little i think, and really benefitted from the talent that was still there during his time.

Phillips was highly touted coming in, did well, but he was disappointing mostly because he never really got the support from the other DB's who were very average at best and besides a few players that most people know in Calais Campbell, Jon Beason, Brandon Meriweather, and Tavares Gooden, he was pretty much left out to dry his senior season.

Comment

With the deal he recieved, this is going to make re-signing Sharper in NO all that more costly.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I still wouldn't be suprised if we took a safety in round 1. Nobody really knows how Phillips is doing health wise.
            We'd be drafting a SS, Eric Berry would be a waste there and wont be anywhere near 15, Earl is a FS, Taylor Mays is too big of a risk, Chad Jones isn't worth anything near 15.

Im Assuming we got Rolle for two reasons, one reason being he fits Fewell to a T, and to allow us to go out and focus on MLB because after McClain, Weatherspoon, and even Spikes in the 2nd, there are no real clear upgrades to Goff.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
              Adam Schefter's twitter

He also goes on to say that makes him the highest payed safety in NFL history.
              It worked out well for the Redskins and Adam Archuleta.
              Last edited by Whistler6; 03-05-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah Steelers may get their hands on Earl Thomas.

Comment

lovelovelove this. Rolle in centerfield in Fewell's system? money. Phillps in the box? my god I love it. Now DT is the main big need for us.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Rolle was a cornerback at the U. He couldn't make it as a CB in the NFL. He was considered a bust for as high as he was drafted. The move to S turned out to be a career saver. Overpaid. No doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      lovelovelove this. Rolle in centerfield in Fewell's system? money. Phillps in the box? my god I love it. Now DT is the main big need for us.
                      You got it backwards. I would keep Rolle in the box and Phillips in centerfield.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        You got it backwards. I would keep Rolle in the box and Phillips in centerfield.
                        of course you would, you're a cowboys fan.
                        A CB turned safety in the box? Yea, I'm gonna pass
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          Idk this really screams McClain or Weatherspoon for me, why else would we pursue Dansby? We clearly want McClain or Weatherspoon because they have the ability to cover well yet stuff the run.

But i do agree Rolle fits Fewell's previous coordinating scheme in Buffalo like a glove

Comment

Nice even though we overpaid, now all we need is dan Williams, Daryl Washington, matt Tennant, Vince Oghobaase and James starks from the draft and we'll be re-loaded ready to compete for the Major hardware.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I was really surprised with how much money Rolle was able to coax out of a team, although it certainly makes sense for the Giants (albeit not financially.) He'll give them a solid starter there though, and they can focus elsewhere in the draft.

Comment

I don't think any safety is worth 7 mil a year, but he does make them better. Good for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information