Giants sign Antrel Rolle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
    If he was any better of a player, the cards probably keep him or over pay big time. Plus let's not forget they matched our offer anyways. It's not like we made a big offer, and everyone else backed down. We made that offer, and the Cards matched them, which meant it came down to Rolle himself.

With no Salary cap we paid, and we did over pay, but we got one of the best FAs on the market, and most importantly made steps to get better by getting a solid guy who fills a very important need. I have no issue with this one bit.
    Let's not forget the guy is still learning how to play Safety. He'll have a much better pass rush in front of him if our front 4 can stay healthy this year as well.

So we haven't seen the finished product yet. Theres room for growth with Rolle.

We don't need him to be a stud. We just need him to be good. And i'm pretty confident he can give that to us.

If we play a man coverage based scheme, and if KP can come back healthy, we'll have 1 of the best secondaries in the league. In today's era of spread offenses, thats worth the investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Let's not forget the guy is still learning how to play Safety. He'll have a much better pass rush in front of him if our front 4 can stay healthy this year as well.

So we haven't seen the finished product yet. Theres room for growth with Rolle.

We don't need him to be a stud. We just need him to be good. And i'm pretty confident he can give that to us.

If we play a man coverage based scheme, and if KP can come back healthy, we'll have 1 of the best secondaries in the league. In today's era of spread offenses, thats worth the investment.
      Yeha you can't look at this signing without factoring the other variables.

How old is he? Is he young or old?
      Is he coachable?
      How is his attitude?
      How does he fit within the frame work of our defensive scheme?
      How does his skill set translate and get better with the personnel we already have? Is that a factor?

Does signing him fill a need or this is a waste?

All these are important factors when analyzing if this is a good signing or not.

Comment

• http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._jim_sorg.html

Base salaries:
        2010: $4.750 million (fully guaranteed)
        2011: $5.250m (fully guaranteed)
        2012: $6.750m
        2013: $7m
        2014: $7m

Signing bonus: $5 million

Workout bonuses: $250k per year

Add it all up and you get the $37 million with $15 million guaranteed that's been reported. (In addition, Rolle has Pro Bowl incentives of $100k per year. Those incentives aren't included when talking about the standard value of a contract. But they're certainly there to be earned.)

Comment

• Originally posted by V-I-P View Post
          I can't wait for us (Buccaneers) to draft Eric Berry so he can be the highest paid paid safety. :D
          Ballhawk safeties are a waste in the Tampa Two.

If McCoy's not there you guys should trade down and acquire Taylor Mays. Now that's a Tampa Two safety.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information