X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this deal for Arizona.

Comment

Great deal for the Cardinals

Rhodes is still young and only cost a 4th. Chances of getting a player close to as good with that pick is very low. It is also a little cheaper than Rolle.

The only concern is whether his down year was due to his ego being too big and thinking he didn't have to practice hard or because he just signed a big contract and saw no incentive to do so.
      Last edited by Bucs_Rule; 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

As a Jets fan who's seen all of Rhodes game, he is like the Jackl and Hyde of safeties in football.

If it is the 2006-2007 Kerry Rhodes, then its a steal for the Cards. He was an absolute ballhawk, would wrap up his tackles, lead his team, make some crazy interceptions(Especially in 2007).

However if its the 2008-2009 one, he will piss Cards fans off. He plays as if he is owed something and that the coaches should be greatful to have someone like him on a team. He cares more about his modeling career over these past 2 years(Even has a youtube channel called "KerryHollywoodRhodes". Told Braylon Edwards that when coming to the Jets, that it is a much easier place to be then when with Mangini. When benched, he called out the coaches and threw a hissy fit and wanted out of the Jets ASAP. Even during the playoff run, he had a terrible attitude and when the season ended vs IND, he woulden't dismiss as to if he wanted to stay as a Jet.

He whiffed upon tackles(Was it 2 or 3 whiffed tackles he had on Wes Welker last year), looked lost in coverage(Cost us a game vs the Jags when he ****** up a 4th down defensive coverage play as Leonard called on Kerry to come and help him cover Mike Thomas who burned us on that eventual MJD lie down drive) and most of his picks came vs Jake Delhomme. He also likes to prance around during each big play, and he had the audacity to showboat after nailing Rivers for a fumble in a playoff game WHILE THE BALL WAS STILL LOOSE.

Overall he is a bad attitude and doesn't give 2 shits about football. His play decreased once he got his contract, big shocker. Maybe being out of town is gonna be a blessing for Kerry but if the Cardinals get the 2008-2009 Rhodes who was a dog then fans will want him gone ASAP. I have never been so dissapointed in someone so much in my life like with Rhodes. Its like once Revis got so good, Rhodes got jealous and felt insulted that he wasn't the top defensive guy anymore on the team.

I hope Kerry does well but his attitude left a very bad taste in my mouth. Hate those prima donna type of attitudes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          good riddance. our DBs need to be quality tacklers since they are always on islands and he was the opposite of that.
          Yet you just traded for Antonio Cromartie.

Oh the irony.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
            Rhodes and Wilson. Safe to say the Cards have the tallest and biggest starting safety tandum in the NFL.
            I thought this too when I first heard the trade. It's like having 2 extra linebackers back there.....probably cover just as well too, lol

Seriously though, not a bad move. They didn't give up all that much I don't think.

Comment

This is an Excellent trade for the Cardinals.

Comment

Dumb deal for us. Cardinals get a steal...upgrade from Rolle and Wilson/Rhodes might be the best big safety duo in the league now...

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                  Great deal for the Cardinals

Rhodes is still young and only cost a 4th. Chances of getting a player close to as good with that pick is very low. It is also a little cheaper than Rolle.

The only concern is whether his down year was due to his ego being too big and thinking he didn't have to practice hard or because he just signed a big contract and saw no incentive to do so.
                  he is about 30+ mil cheaper, Jets have to pay him the guaranteed money, Cardinals will pay him 13 mil over the next 4 years + roster bonuses

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Rhodes is more of just a body on the field...
                    I laughed

The Thecollegedropout hits every nail on the head about Kerry Rhodes

Comment

Hooray! What a great class to need a Safety.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by GangGreen View Post
                        I don't really like this at all. Kerry Rhodes wasn't exactly the cornerstone of the defense, but we really have no other players to fill that position. I think it's a virtual lock at this point that the jets are targeting a rangey cover safety in the draft. A trade up for someone like earl thomas wouldn't suprise me at all given the jets draft history the past few years.
                        I've been saying for the whole year that the Jets and Rex Ryan would drool over Taylor Mays. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they moved for him were he still there past the top 15.

Comment

It was a steal. a top 10- FS for a 4th and 7th. STEAl. Rhodes doesnt have to be the guy in the secondary since they have DRC and the best safety in the game: Wilson.

I ma shocked how the Chiefs wouldnt give up their 3rd and say hi Jets want our third for rhodes?

I like this move a lot.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Yet you just traded for Antonio Cromartie.

Oh the irony.
                            Except for, oh you know, the tiny detail of their difference in positions. If my CB, like Cro, can play bump and run coverage with the best receivers, than I consider tackling just a bonus. He, coupled with Revis, will allow Ryan and Pettine to blitz even more than they already do (most in the league).

However, my safety, especially a safety in a Rex Ryan defense sure as hell better like to tackle, want to tackle and be good at it. Carrie Rhodes doesn't.

Carrie just flat out didn't fit in our system. Once he got his big contract, he cared more about his acting and modeling careers than his football one. Him and Revis were best friends their first few years; always hanging out, constantly studying and watchin film together, but after his big payday, Revis and the rest were extremely annoyed and aggravated at his poor work ethic.

Basically an addition by subtraction for the jets. If he wants to, he can be a good safety; I think that'll last for at most, half a season. He's extremely prideful and will probably try to shut everyone up. My opinion?? I could care less. He's no longer a jet, so how he plays has no baring on my team, unless we meet in the SB.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              It was a steal. a top 10- FS for a 4th and 7th.
                              If he plays like he did this past season then they didn't even get a top 30 safety. The guy was benched in favor of Eric Smith for a reason.

The Jets only got a 4th and 7th because nobody wanted him.

Comment

Guys....if he couldn't play for Rex...what does that tell you?

Think about it.

Rhodes was a great player when he cared about his career. But he went hollywood and now he's a JAG at best. If he ever gets his head right, he can be good again, but if Rex can't spark a fire in you...who can?

He played in NY, for Rex Ryan. He had it all. And he blew it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information