No announcement yet.

M.I.A in FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lions had an okay free agency. No huge signings but buying your way out of the cellar doesn't work.

The bears will find this out after a season or two.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Miami filled a HUGE need by signing Karlos Dansby. So I'm happy.

Woulda loved to get Ryan Clark, but looks like he was just using us to scare Pitt into signing him back. *****.

Hope we make a move for O.J. Atogwe, Antonio Bryant or Jamal Williams. Any of them would help us out big time heading into the draft and knowing what we need to address.

We aren't usually HUGE players in FA, but we sign a couple guys here and there to fill needs, then take care of the rest in the draft, so I'm fine with it.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        He's solid and has a knack for key plays, decent as a zone coverage guy when you can get good pressure, but terrible covering backs and TEs....

I like him and all, but it was time to move on.
        So you don't think he can play ILB in our 3-4 scheme? If he can he can be smart, a leader, get off blocks, and lay a little wood, he should be good for our defense.

Any insight from you Saints fans would be appreciated.

Comment

As a Chiefs fan I don't think Fujita is a good fit in the 3-4 at all he get's knocked around at times in the 4-3, I think he is going to be over whelmed in the 3-4.

I really like him always have he is a solid player I just don't like the fit.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            Dallas didn't make a move in FA until very deep in last year and we had one of the best FA signing periods in a long time. Gerald Sensabaugh, Keith Brooking, and Igor were all huge parts of our defense for cost effective contracts.

Igor replaced Canty who went for 3x as much as was just as good, Brooking was 10x better then Zach Thomas and arguably our most important defensive player last year not named Ware for alot of reasons outside of pure talent, and Sensy was exactly what we had been lacking in the secondary for years and that was a safety who could man up with TE's and slot WR's.

Roy W was killing us trying to put him out there in that role, Sensy was like a breath of fresh air. So I hope we continue the same approach this year, all 3 were starters had late in the process. There will be some bargains this year, just have to wait for the first wave or 2 to finish.
            I was sad to see Sensabaugh go. Injuries kept him from ever reaching his full potential in Jax, hopefully he keeps doing well in Dallas.

Little known fact: Sensabaugh owns the combine record for the vertical jump, with an astounding 46 inch vertical.

Comment

I dont love him in a 3-4 either. He's got the size of an OLB but, he's not known for his pass rushing. He's not a bad rusher but, not someone you rush on every down. So yeah, he'll probably play inside, it's not like he's particularly great in coverage though, either. He at least gives them flexibility, he's solid enough...he's just not great or anything. He plays well everywhere he goes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                I was sad to see Sensabaugh go. Injuries kept him from ever reaching his full potential in Jax, hopefully he keeps doing well in Dallas.

Little known fact: Sensabaugh owns the combine record for the vertical jump, with an astounding 46 inch vertical.
                Sensabaugh was solid for us. He'd make a boneheaded play here or there but, he was one of our more consistent performers week after week. I never would have guessed that adding Brooking and Sensabaugh of all people would have made such a difference. I expected the defense to be better, of course...But I didnt expect quite the impact from these two. I've always been a Sensabaugh fan, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                  I dont love him in a 3-4 either. He's got the size of an OLB but, he's not known for his pass rushing. He's not a bad rusher but, not someone you rush on every down. So yeah, he'll probably play inside, it's not like he's particularly great in coverage though, either. He at least gives them flexibility, he's solid enough...he's just not great or anything. He plays well everywhere he goes.
                  As a Cleveland Browns fan, if he is solid and doesn't make stupid mistakes, that is good enough for me. I've got pretty low standards at this point.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information