M.I.A in FA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.I.A in FA

There are 32 teams in the NFL, many teams have not done a single move in free agency. Very few teams have made moves in quantity, Bears, etc. Why is this so? Has your team been active in FA, and how do you feel about it?

Sig by Bone Krusher

creating a whining thread? we already get enough of that from splat and vidae :P

Comment

Pats haven't made any moves, but we needed to resign Wilfork and bring Mankins back and we did both so I'm happy. Bringing back TBC was good too, I would've been open to bringing in a pass catcher or pass rusher but we will need to do that in the draft.

Comment

We've shown interest in Marshall and T.O. and we're working on resigning our own guys.

I never expect much out of the Bengals, and I'm not worried about F.A. this year.

Comment

without a cap there just arent as many quality players in FA available. The bulk of the talent are all RFAs with tenders. Those that are UFA are mostly older players in the league and teams are doing their due diligence before signing these guys. Theres talent out there but the players need to find the right fit for their game and the teams need to make sure the players are healthy and your seeing more negotiating with less talent available.
          Last edited by DiG; 03-07-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Because there's only five or six players every off-season that are worth being signed on opening day/weekend.

Comment

Even still its been very quiet in terms of teams activity, there was no real flood of rumors or anything like usual. All the big names kinda just signed right away.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                creating a whining thread? we already get enough of that from splat and vidae :P
                Woah woah, what? I was doing the exact opposite of whining.

I never expected the Chiefs to make moves this year so I'm not too upset or shocked by how quiet we've been.
                Last edited by vidae; 03-07-2010, 07:36 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  Woah woah, what? I was doing the exact opposite of whining. Go back and read my posts.
                  im joking! you two were getting all upset over Pioli not taking action, but really your organization is gonna be solid. Remember that draft two years ago that was just nasty to say the least?

Who'd you get..

Brandon Albert
                  Glenn Dorsey
                  Brandon Flowers <33333
                  Jamaal Charles

building through the draft > getting big named FA's especially with how Pioli is.

Comment

im joking! you two were getting all upset over Pioli not taking action, but really your organization is gonna be solid. Remember that draft two years ago that was just nasty to say the least?

Who'd you get..

Brandon Albert
                    Glenn Dorsey
                    Brandon Flowers <33333
                    Jamaal Charles

building through the draft > getting big named FA's especially with how Pioli is.
                    I remember people getting all pissed off when we traded Jared Allen but one of those 3rds turned into Jamaal Charles so I <3 <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      I remember people getting all pissed off when we traded Jared Allen but one of those 3rds turned into Jamaal Charles so I <3 <3 <3
                      Yeah, but one team isnt worth the future of the team. Not gunna lie, but Charles sounded like a dumbbutt around the draft. Thomas Jones would be good for you guys? I dont know how id feel.

Comment

Pats - nothing so far

Comment

Yeah, but one team isnt worth the future of the team. Not gunna lie, but Charles sounded like a dumbbutt around the draft. Thomas Jones would be good for you guys? I dont know how id feel.
                          Charles isn't.. the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can run the rock, so he gets a pass.

I'd love Thomas Jones as a backup to JC, nothing more.

Comment

Splurging in free agency is just a sign of a desperate team taking desperate messures. Very few guys are worth the top dollar that they get while I think you see more impact out of the lesser name free agents that sign later on in free agency.

As a Packers fans I've learned to just sit tight in free agency. Sitting tight and waiting netted us Ryan Pickett, Brandon Chillar, and of course Charles Woodson. The rest have been developed as draft picks.

Comment

Packers never do much in Free agency. I gotta admit it would be entertaining to see them do something, but it's also not really necessary. Packers really don't need to do too much in free agency in my opinion, need to concentrate more on the draft.

I'd be more than happy with finding a vet cornerback however.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information