Bears SB Contenders now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears SB Contenders now?

What do you guys think? Now that they've made a big splash in free agency by signing one of the NFL's best pass-rushers and some other guys... and they've hired a competent offensive coordinator to maximize Jay Cutler's talents...

Do they have what it takes to be a legit Super Bowl contender next year? Can they be favorites to win it all next year?

Where would you place them in the heirarchy of the NFC?

1. Saints
    2. Cowboys
    3. Bears?

Team boards maybe?

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Not top 3. They still have no O-Line.

in no order teams I'd place over them

Cowboys
      Saints
      Vikings
      Falcons
      Eagles
      Packers
      Giants

Comment

umm...no?

I've yet to see any offensive line signings, and as far as I know, they still have crappy guard. Which is a failure on it's own.

They might be improved, but you are looking past two very good teams in their own division and putting them as the third best team in the NFC. If they can get past the Pack and the Vikings, then maybe they can make the playoffs. There is no way, imo, they are favorites to win it all.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

They're the 3rd best team in the division. This thread is laughable.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

It was only a matter of time will we got our first "Fan Creams Jeans Over Team's Free Agency Moves" thread, but sadly I had Tuesday in the pool :(
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
              This. And Cowboys second in the NFC? huuuuuuuuuuh

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                On paper, maybe.

The thread is laughable for sure, but the Bears were only 7-9 last year. It seems like conventional wisdom is that they were in such a huge hole. Take Favre off the Vikings and I think they are a really average team, so I don't see a huge distance between the Bears and the rest of the division at this point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahah....

Sorry.... Ahem... Excuse me, no they're not close. Get an offensive line, some safeties, better corners, a running game, some better defensive tackles, another DE and make Jay Cutler stop throwing interceptions and then we'll talk.

Teams I would still place above the Bears:
                  Cowboys
                  Eagles
                  Giants
                  Packers
                  Vikings
                  Saints
                  Falcons
                  and depending upon whether or not they can keep their momentum, the Panthers as well.
                  Oh and probably the Falcons

Comment

Peppers, Taylor, and Manly-man-euea or watever = championship? hellz to the no.

Make a trade for Jordyz and we're talking

Comment

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                      It was only a matter of time will we got our first "Fan Creams Jeans Over Team's Free Agency Moves" thread, but sadly I had Tuesday in the pool :(
                      Sure. On the other hand, it seems like there has almost been an overreaction that these moves were somehow bad on this board.

I mean, the post above you said "they might be better." They MIGHT be? We added arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and will have Urlacher back, and we MIGHT be better?

All I'm saying is that if, say, the Eagles signed Peppers, there would be a lot more positivity to the move. It seems like the dissapointing season by Cutler last year has created an entire aura of negativity about the Bears, both among their fans and outside, that I honestly don't get.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Not a chance.

Comment

I just have serious doubts that Peppers is going to be motivated in Chicago. He was having problems before. The guy should get 25 sacks a year, he's easily the most talented defensive player in the league. He just doesn't seem to like football all that much.

Chester Taylor was a great signing. Martz should utilize him extremely efficiently.

I would say 9 wins is realistic. But there are a lot of good teams in the NFC. They could get into a wild card, but I think Green Bay wins 11-12 games next season and I don't think the Vikings will win less than 10, even with no Favre.
                          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Lack of OL signings and Lack of Playmakers on offense is a No from me

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              I mean, the post above you said "they might be better." They MIGHT be? We added arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and will have Urlacher back, and we MIGHT be better?
                              Maybe you should take things in context before overreacting.

I wrote: "They might be improved, BUT you are looking past two very good teams in their own division"

I was saying that they are an improved team, but it was too early to look past the packers and vikings.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information