Jake Delhomme Signed with The Browns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morton View Post
    You know your team is in a sorry shape if a guy who threw 18 interceptions and only 8 touchdowns last year is the best quarterback on your roster.
    You act like Delhomme has been a terrible QB his whole career. While I think he's done in the NFL. Based on his past last year was his only year where he threw more INT's than interceptions and was a only factor in Carolina losing a lot of games.

He's always been turnover prone but he was worse last year. That said his upside as a starting QB is better than Quinns or Wallace's sure he might turn the ball over as much and be as bad, but when he's good, he's far, far better than either.

Comment

I love this move for the rest of the afc north

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
        I love this move for the rest of the afc north
        We beat the steelers with Brady Quinn last year starting and doing absolutely nothing.

Delhomme aint gonna change ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          You act like Delhomme has been a terrible QB his whole career. While I think he's done in the NFL. Based on his past last year was his only year where he threw more INT's than interceptions and was a only factor in Carolina losing a lot of games.
          Delhomme was a medicore starter his entire career, but things went from "average" to "horrifically bad" ever since he just snapped in that playoff loss to Arizona during the 2008 season.

He's toast as a quarterback. He was never a great decision-maker, and always threw his fair share of picks, but he just can't do anything right anymore. It used to be that you could count on around 18-20 touchdowns to go along with those 12-14 interceptions, but now he's throwing 18-20 interceptions and 8-10 touchdowns.

And at 35, he's only going to continue to get worse.

Comment

Schefty's twitter says they are paying him 7 million next year! Stop giving this man so much money!

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
              Delhomme was a medicore starter his entire career, but things went from "average" to "horrifically bad" ever since he just snapped in that playoff loss to Arizona during the 2008 season.

He's toast as a quarterback. He was never a great decision-maker, and always threw his fair share of picks, but he just can't do anything right anymore. It used to be that you could count on around 18-20 touchdowns to go along with those 12-14 interceptions, but now he's throwing 18-20 interceptions and 8-10 touchdowns.

And at 35, he's only going to continue to get worse.
              03-06 he was pretty damn good, different schemes and offensive plays made him look a lot worse than he was in a lot of instances. I'm not saying he's ever going back to those ways, but when you're in a situation like Cleveland with no clear starter and no clear future at the position bringing someone in who can at least lead and offense and might just be able to be competitive for a year or two while you groom the future is a damn good move.

Comment

Regardless of who we have, if we have peyton ******* manning were not going to the super bowl next year.

Its not a good signing but its not a bad one either, as long as we get rid of Quinn and DA its a good offseason, and if we draft Bradford/Clausen its a better one because it's clear that Holmgren was gunning for that.

Comment

Isn't he going to make like 30 million in the next 2 years? I think I heard that yesterday on nfl network if he signed with the Browns. That's ridiculous!

Comment

Thats not backup money..Jake will be the starter.
                    For those wondering about Brady Quinn's future in Cleveland, consider: Browns paying Jake Delhomme starter money -- $7 million this season
                    http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Comment

Morton, your beating a dead horse, in Cleveland.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        Schefty's twitter says they are paying him 7 million next year! Stop giving this man so much money!
                        Some guys have all the Luck.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

dude there paying him 7 million a year thats starter money. adam schefter posted it on his twitter.

no competion man quinn is out

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                            Isn't he going to make like 30 million in the next 2 years? I think I heard that yesterday on nfl network if he signed with the Browns. That's ridiculous!
                            Think the Panthers are still on the hook for some of his contract even after releasing him.

Here you go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-randy-lerner/

Comment

WOW.

This guy is getting more money next year for less talent than anybody else in the NFL, right now.

Well, except maybe like, uh, Javon Walker or something.

Comment

Morton you need to stop posting youre pissing me off okay

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information