Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rank the NFC South and their likely records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Very optimistic look from me right now.

    Saints 11-5 - very optimistic on this.. we have a VERY tough schedule this year, but if Defensive upgrades are made through the Draft this record is attainable.

    Panthers 10 - 6 - I think they are still a good team, which fell harshly victim to the injury bug last season. If they can keep their key players healthy I think they can take a wild card spot, or possibly challenge for the division. We haven't beaten the Panthers under Payton yet.

    Falcons 8-8 - tough to say.. first year for players adjusting in the new scheme, and system, I'm going to say they show signs of improvement, but not quite there yet.

    Buccaneers 5-11 - still a lot of question marks along the O-line, how will the QB situation turn out? they need to add some youth to an aging Defense as well.


    last year was a bit of a down year for the NFC South, my fear is that either Carolina, or Atlanta will go back to contending form and be legit contenders, or that TB might be a surprise team.
    Last edited by Auron; 03-12-2007, 02:50 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by etk View Post
      We are only entering a rebuilding process on defense, and not at all positions either. Don't get your hopes up, the Bucs will not be an easy out for the Saints and we are not a cakewalk rebuilding team. We still have key young pieces and we are about to draft more.
      You are entirely too optimistic. It's nearing the point of humor.
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

      Sig by jkpigskin

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Auron View Post
        Very optimistic look from me right now.

        Saints 11-5 - very optimistic on this.. we have a VERY tough schedule this year, but if Defensive upgrades are made through the Draft this record is attainable.
        We have one of the easiest schedules in the league next year...
        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

        Sig by jkpigskin

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
          You are entirely too optimistic. It's nearing the point of humor.
          Lol did the Bucs even get a Divisional win at all this season? Panthers, Falcons, & Saints swept them..

          I'm not saying they can't improve..because certainly they won't be as bad as this season, but they have to re-tool almost their entire D-line.. (White, McFarland, possibly Rice who might be a cap casualty) and they have issues with Secondary depth... outside of Ronde.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
            Eh, the right side of the line has good upside in Joseph & Trueblood, but the rest of the line is still pretty weak if you ask me. Petitgout is average. Davis has been incredibly inconsistent, and Wade is way past his best days. The O-Line has been Tampa's main weakness for a few years now, and even if it performs slightly better next season, it's still far from "good."

            The main thing is that this is an aging team, big time, and is about to have to enter a rebuilding process.
            Not really discussing the Bucs in general, but the OL

            Davis has been inconsistent at LT because well, he really doesn't have the skillset for it. Now, no one knows how he'd do inside, but the skillset matches up much better, and Petitgout is, while not good, still a decent starting LT in the NFL, and definitely an upgrade from Davis. Not saying it's a great line, but I think it'd be in the mid-tier of the NFL.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
              We have one of the easiest schedules in the league next year...
              How is it easy?

              We play the Defending Champion Colts, at their house.

              We play @ Qwest, and @ Soldier, 2 legit NFC contenders in harsh road enviroments. (Seahawks, Bears)

              We draw the Eagles at home again.. this time they'll have McNabb back and it'll be a revenge game for them.

              The rest of NFC South has a chance of being much improved, Jacksonville, Tennessee won't be cake walks either..


              very far from easy, I'd say it's one of more difficult schedules in the league. The overall number for Strength of Schedule is brought down by the Division opponents.
              Last edited by Auron; 03-12-2007, 02:57 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                To everybody who is saying that the Bucs defense is old, the average age is 27.7. I didn't include practice squad players or anything, I just did the average age of the players who played.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  Not really discussing the Bucs in general, but the OL

                  Davis has been inconsistent at LT because well, he really doesn't have the skillset for it. Now, no one knows how he'd do inside, but the skillset matches up much better, and Petitgout is, while not good, still a decent starting LT in the NFL, and definitely an upgrade from Davis. Not saying it's a great line, but I think it'd be in the mid-tier of the NFL.
                  Petitgout has played every O-Line position except center. If I were a Bucs fan I would be pulling hard for them to draft Joe Thomas over Calvin Johnson and either place Petitgout at left guard, or have him as the primary backup at every O-Line position.
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

                  Sig by jkpigskin

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Auron View Post
                    Lol did the Bucs even get a Divisional win at all this season? Panthers, Falcons, & Saints swept them..

                    I'm not saying they can't improve..because certainly they won't be as bad as this season, but they have to re-tool almost their entire D-line.. (White, McFarland, possibly Rice who might be a cap casualty) and they have issues with Secondary depth... outside of Ronde.
                    No he won't. We have plenty of cap space. 13+ million

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by one_of_a_kind24 View Post
                      To everybody who is saying that the Bucs defense is old, the average age is 27.7. I didn't include practice squad players or anything, I just did the average age of the players who played.
                      The problem is the only really old players were the only really good players on the defense. Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Simeon Rice, Kevin Carter, etcetera.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        Not really discussing the Bucs in general, but the OL

                        Davis has been inconsistent at LT because well, he really doesn't have the skillset for it. Now, no one knows how he'd do inside, but the skillset matches up much better, and Petitgout is, while not good, still a decent starting LT in the NFL, and definitely an upgrade from Davis. Not saying it's a great line, but I think it'd be in the mid-tier of the NFL.

                        Don't forget Dan Buenning. He is a good LG. He will probably miss the first couple of games healing from his ACL injury from last year.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by one_of_a_kind24 View Post
                          To everybody who is saying that the Bucs defense is old, the average age is 27.7. I didn't include practice squad players or anything, I just did the average age of the players who played.
                          Derrick Brooks is entering his 13th year in the league. Simeon Rice is entering his 12th. Shelton Quarles and Ronde Barber? 11th. Brian Kelly, 10th. Kevin Carter, 13th. This is a defense whose key players are all old, there is no denying that, so don't even try.
                          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

                          Sig by jkpigskin

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            The problem is the only really old players were the only really good players on the defense. Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Simeon Rice, Kevin Carter, etcetera.

                            True, but we should draft a couple of defensive lineman early and have them play when Rice, Carter, Etc.. get tired. I think Winborn will get more playing time at WLB to let Brooks stay fresh. At corner, Buchanon and Zemaitis are young. Barber and Kelly are still good.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                              Petitgout has played every O-Line position except center. If I were a Bucs fan I would be pulling hard for them to draft Joe Thomas over Calvin Johnson and either place Petitgout at left guard, or have him as the primary backup at every O-Line position.
                              that would be stupid. having watched luke his whole career hes a solid LT. passing up on calvin would be a huge blunder. reese is stupid for cutting him. i dont care what any giant fan says. he would have restructured his contract for us. instead reese cuts him, now we have a LG as our LT.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                The problem is the only really old players were the only really good players on the defense. Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Simeon Rice, Kevin Carter, etcetera.
                                I think they have some young building blocks for the future, like Barrett Ruud... Ellis Wyms looks like a promising player as well.

                                but the main core of that Defense, Brooks, Simeon, Barber, Quarles.. are getting up there in years...

                                I'm concerned with their secondary depth..they have Ronde.. but is anyone really high on Kelly, Bolden, Buchanon? whatever happened to Zemaitis? maybe that group just had a down a year.

                                either way I'm going to be interested to see how they draft this season.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information