• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
    You mean all 5 years?
    Yes, all five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
      Yes, all five years.
      Wow, well Tampa is definitely winning it this year.....
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

1. Saints 12-4
        2. Bucs 9-7
        3. Falcons 6-10
        4. Panthers 5-11

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          Why is everyone assuming Calvin Johnson is going to fall to Tampa?

He could very well go to one of the 1st 3 teams.

As for Pettigout, There's obviously a reason he was cut.
          name 1 reason. considering our head coach was strongly against the cut. is david diehl
          a better LT? not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            This post was humorous to me. It's littered with optimism, and speculative assumptions. If I wanted to post two paragraphs as to why each player on the Falcons would have their 'best individual seasons ever,' and other conjecture about the team, I could do so easily. The post reached new levels of absurdity when you state your opinion that the Falcons "are a lock to finish last in our division." When all the facts led me to believe that the Saints were likewise going to struggle last year. I was wrong about that, and I admitted such. No team in the NFL is a "lock" for anything.
            When have anyone's predictions ever come true? I just predict the Falcons to finish last, but I could easily be wrong, just like anyone else. Preseason predictions are the most overrated element of sportswriting, and I can't wait to see all the preseason magazines that say the Bucs will finish last and be 6-10 or something.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Panthers went 5-1 in the divison and had a top 10 defense despite injuries to linebacker, and all of our defensive backs at one time or another... The team also had two new starters at defensive tackle and 3 new starters at linebacker. That's 5 players in the front 7 and a mess of injuries. We still didn't fall out of the top ten for defense.

The offenses biggest problem was run blocking, Mike Wahle struggled with illness and injury and we lost both our starting centre and left tackle for the year in the first game of the season. Three key cogs to a very good line missing.

To cap things off Jake Delhomme missed some winnable games against Pittsburgh, and New York that Weinke stunk up leading to big losses. Because of his crappy play we missed the playoffs.

Panthers were 31st in starters missing games last year.

The team's healthy and is returning its true starters to the lineup with the exception of one very poor safety. We've got enough in cap space to fill that hole and enough draft picks to take our depth and get some luxury picks under our belt. We've got a very good new offensive coordinator and a coach who historically has hit the playoffs every year after a down year.

You think we'll have an 8-8 season you're in for a rude shock... 7th Ranked defense will get back an offense a year removed from 3 probowlers and a very good running back and receiving tandem.

Panthers 10-6
              Saints 10-6
              Falcons 8-8
              Buccs - 6-10

Comment

Many of you have forgotten how easy schedules can contribute to the first-last factor, and I expect that to be the case with the Bucs again this year like in 05. Also, Chris Simms will be our opening-day starter, not Garcia. In his 3rd year in the league he led us to the playoffs and posted a 10-7 TD ratio, so I expect him to improve at the very least.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I cant predict records, but i got panthers and saints fighting for the top. Falcons in third. Bucs last.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    Also, Chris Simms will be our opening-day starter, not Garcia. In his 3rd year in the league he led us to the playoffs and posted a 10-7 TD ratio, so I expect him to improve at the very least.

I would be stunned if that happens, very happy too. I don't believe that for one moment. Trusting him last year was a disastrous affair for the team. Jeff Garcia is the perfect fit for Gruden's offense. I never saw what Bucs fans ever saw in Simms, let alone after the year he had last year, prior to his injury.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 03-12-2007, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I would be stunned if that happens, very happy too. I don't believe that for one moment. Trusting him last year was a disastrous affair for the team. Jeff Garcia is the perfect fit for Gruden's offense. I never saw what Bucs fans ever saw in Simms, let alone after the year he had last year, prior to his injury.
                      You never saw him lead us to late victory over your team, twice???

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I really like Simms, but I don't think he and Gruden will ever be on the same page. It would be nice if we could get some trade consideration for him as he has a very reasonable contract. I wouldn't mind going to camp with Garcia, McCown and Grads and "Round Mound" Eugene as the camp body/extra arm.

Comment

By "lead" you mean Cadillac dominating our defense, Roddy White and Warrick Dunn bumbling the games away? Then yes, Simms was crucial to the outcomes of both games. In reality, he didn't do jack in the first game. In the second one he did pretty good, but only after DeAngelo Hall got hurt. Fact of the matter is, we couldn't stop your rushing attack, Roddy White dropped a game clinching 40 yard TD, Warrick Dunn's helmet gave the Bucs game winning FG field position by colliding with the ball in Michael Vick's hand.

Comment

I would not like to have McCown or Gradkowski as the backup to an undersized aging QB......

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I like Gradkowski more than I like Simms. Gradkowksi did admirably with pretty poor supporting cast help, he did much more than Simms did in his playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                                I would not like to have McCown or Gradkowski as the backup to an undersized aging QB......
                                Gruden really likes McCown and the buzz last year before his injury was that he had a great chance to beat out Simms and start

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information