Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julius Jones Trade Rumor

www.si.com NFL Rumors

With the Lack of Depth of the Buffalo Bills and the Green Bay Packers, Those 2 teams should make a push to trade for him. Maybe a 3rd ou 4th rounder ?

Thoughts ?

Change the thread title.

edit- Thank you
    Last edited by duckseason; 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I think that the Buffalo - Dallas offer was Jones to Buffalo and then swap 1st round picks, I would assume Buffalo would also pick up another selection from Dallas because I don't think that Jones is worth the 48th pick in the draft considering what we got for McGahee. If we got something else it would probably be a 4th or 3rd round pick or a future selection. I wouldn't trade our second for Jones and that is pretty much what that trade would be.

Comment

Based on the market value of guys like Thomas Jones and Willis McGahee, who are a little older, JJ is likely to fetch a late 3rd or a 4th rounder for his services. I'm sure he can find a home somewhere, but I'm not certain that Dallas won't just cut him. That could erode his value.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

haha i would want the giants to take him for a 4th round pick anyday

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                With Buffalo having such a good shot at getting Peterson in the Draft I think it's more likely they put their effort into securing him than trade for Jones.
                How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  This makes the Giants look foolish for getting Droughns. Especially if it takes them out of the Jones market. My money's on Buffalo.
                  They could still get Jones and keep Droughns. We are paying Droughns basically nothing as of now. And he could be cut next year with no cap hit. Julius is a much better fit when looking for a compliment to Jacobs. I doubt Dallas would trade him to the Giants anyway. Which probably played a part in making a move for Droughns.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                    why would dallas want to trade jones to a division rival. that would be stupid.

Comment

Agreed. The price for Jones to the Giants would likely be a second rounder.

Comment

Prediction: Julius Jones will be traded on draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.
                          because the 11 teams before them have more glaring needs than running back?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Oakland: Signed Rhodes.
                            Detroit: Singed Bell and Duckett.
                            Cleveland: Signed Lewis.
                            Tampa Bay: Got Williams.
                            Arizona: Got James. Might be looking at AD.
                            Washington: Got Portis and Betts.
                            Minnesota: Got Taylor and HC is not a fan of a 2-back system I believe.
                            Houston: Signed Green.
                            Miami: Got Brown.
                            Atlanta: Might pick up AD if available.
                            San Francisco: Got Gore.
                            Buffalo: Wants AD ;)

As you can see there is a pretty good chance Adrian Peterson could fall to Buffalo at #12. If they trade up before Atlanta I would say it's the most probable outcome.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information