Julius Jones Trade Rumor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
    Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.
    agreed but if they got a 2nd rounder for him which they probably could not. the boys could get some1 better.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      How do you figure Buffalo has a good chance at getting Peterson? He's top 5 talent, and somehow they'll get him at #12? That makes no sense at all.
      I thought the same thing when I read it

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        Prediction: This is nothing but fake, they need the 2 back system.
        it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.

Comment

I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.

Comment

Bills just re-signed A-Train but if Peterson were available at #12, I suspect they would draft him.

As for Julius Jones, I wouldn't give up more than a 4th..........Cowboys do not use him at the goalline for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                If they deal Jones, I don't think it'll happen until it gets close to draft day, because I think they'd be moving up to position themselves for a running back in such a move. Barber's nice, but I don't think anyone sees him as a legit lead back and he needs someone else to work with, if not to be the number 2 to.
                Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

I would assume Dallas would use Jones as a chip to move up in the draft. Obviously, they have some sort of plan here in terms of how they want the offense to run. While JJ doesn't fit their plans, he is a capable player and is still on his rookie contract.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    it's legit b/c Barber showed he can be a good back in these league and then a back in the draft could be their #2
                    no he hasnt he has never proven he can take the load.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I don't belive Barber to be a lead back. He could be enjoying the same glory/hype as Troy Hambrick did averaging 4.8 behind Emmitt.

Barber is good. If we trade Julius, I want Antonio Pittman. Pittman is tough and has the ability to take it the distance. Would be a nice compliment to Barber.
                      what about bush d-unit, hes going to be a real good pro back. i see you like pittman though. kenny irons would be a good compliment too, plus him and owens would get along nicely. you see the skills challenge on espn? lol how irons was acting haha. hes funny as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        Send Jones and #22 to GB for #16? Maybe throw in a late rounder? Assuming Lynch is still there. Sound like an option maybe?
                        I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.

Comment

It is incredibly early right now. Pretty much no one knows exactly what kind of offense the Cowboys will even have. The Jones rumors could be smoke coming from his agent, or they could be substantive. I can't say for sure. All I know is that JJ is a good RB, not a great one. He lacks some toughness, but he is capable.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                              I would puke if we did that. If we move up, it better be for Landry, Nelson, or Okoye. We can get a backup for MB3 later. If we trade Jones, it's because we like Barber as our starter.
                              Well, I wouldn't puke at Lynch, but I agree there are other options. What's nice is we'd jump right ahead of JAX.... right in line to steal Nelson from under them.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Last year Julius was nearly traded as the Boys tried to get into position to draft Maroney.
                                God I would have loved that. That would've been the sickest backfield in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information