Quinn traded to the Bronco!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
    as promised, here's my juggernaut post again.
    I completely, absolutely and 100% agree with you on the unfair expectations now being placed on young QBs after the successes of Roethlisberger/Ryan/Flacco. QBs are going to be rushed into their development instead of being able to develop at the pace best suited for them. After all, every prospect is different so putting a universal timeline on their development is just plain silly.

However, I disagree that most QBs are given up on too early. Coaching staffs are watching these guys every day in practice. If you've got "it" then "it" will show itself. Mark Sanchez's rookie year was terrible by statistical standard, but it doesn't really matter because he showed enough flashes of potential to confirm that he has the ability to be a good quarterback in this league. Brady Quinn hasn't shown that he does anything well.

While there will always be a story of a guy like Jake Delhomme or Kurt Warner slipping through the cracks when all they needed was a little more time to develop, the truth of the matter is that most guys just simply won't ever get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
      Sean Payton still has a lot of boneheaded playcalls, but he simplified the team a lot this year. We cut down the trick plays, and ran the ball hard.

Still wouldn't crown him an all time great coach, but he kept the things that made him great, like his aggression and enthusiasm, and cut down on some of the things that made him bad.

The staff is great at developing and drafting though I'd say :)
      Now that some time has passed since the Super Bowl and the bitterness has gone, I can say I'm truly happy for your franchise for finally getting a ring. Plus, Drew Brees is awesome and went to college at Purdue in Indiana so I've got a bit of a sweet spot for him.

I'd definitely say Payton is a top 5 coach in the league, and his ability to motivate and bring out the best in his players is amazing to watch.
      PICTURE ME ROLLIN'
      GO COLTS! NAPTOWN

Comment

• time to bump this thread and heres another quinn video
        all pass attempts in his 4th career start

save Freeman

Comment

• BRADY QUINN IS GOD!!! That is all....But in all seriousness, he will continue to be my favorite college football player ever and I really hope that he succeeds in denver because I need to be happy...:)

Comment

• this is the one thing that i question about football that makes me almost favor baseball. you can always argue that a player wouldn't be as good if he wasn't in a certain system, or that he' be better in a different system.

at least in baseball, a player can't hide behind excuses and claim it was a coordinators fault, or something to that extent/nature. the player is the player, no matter the team. you know what you're getting. you know if you have a bust. brady quinn? i have no clue. could be the next drew brees, probably just brady quinn though.

Comment

• im sorry but everytime i look at the name of the thread i cant seem not to chuckle.

I think McDaniels could turn him into a viable starter, especially if he could do the same to Orton

Comment

• For serious though, McDaniels is probably the first coach I'd send a QB to...maybe Shanahan...if I wanted that QB to succeed. The guy "gets" offense...IMO at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  im sorry but everytime i look at the name of the thread i cant seem not to chuckle.

I think McDaniels could turn him into a viable starter, especially if he could do the same to Orton
                  Yeah but Orton was decent the year before he left Chicago, he had around 17TDs and 14 INTs with an anemic offense, and was arguably better than Cassell that year.

Quinn can't even claim that bit of success.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                    Yeah but Orton was decent the year before he left Chicago, he had around 17TDs and 14 INTs with an anemic offense, and was arguably better than Cassell that year.

Quinn can't even claim that bit of success.
                    He had 18 touchdowns to 12 interceptions with a poor offensive line and a below average receiving corps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                      For serious though, McDaniels is probably the first coach I'd send a QB to...maybe Shanahan...if I wanted that QB to succeed. The guy "gets" offense...IMO at least.
                      You obviously didn't watch too many Bronco games. The offense was rather poor, even with a decent amount of talent. He's not quite the guru some people see him as.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                        You obviously didn't watch too many Bronco games. The offense was rather poor, even with a decent amount of talent. He's not quite the guru some people see him as.
                        Its the patriot affect they win a couple superbowls (by cheating, but this not time to discuss that)and all their coaches are geniuses. Charlie Weis was suppose the greatest coach in college football history. Romeo was a defensive genius and now josh mcdaniels is a QB guru.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                          Its the patriot affect they win a couple superbowls (by cheating, but this not time to discuss that)and all their coaches are geniuses. Charlie Weis was suppose the greatest coach in college football history. Romeo was a defensive genius and now josh mcdaniels is a QB guru.
                          I thought the patriot effect was to turn normally sane, reasonable fans of football into lowblow-dealing, a-hole comment-making douches. I guess I was wrong all this ti-- wait, no I'm still right.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            I thought the patriot effect was to turn normally sane, reasonable fans of football into lowblow-dealing, a-hole comment-making douches. I guess I was wrong all this ti-- wait, no I'm still right.
                            It does both.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                              It does both.....

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information